Menthol Minty Stuff and Coil Life

Well, I am an Irish person… both in word, deed and genetics with some Welsh mixed in there :slight_smile:

Interesting story I will tell you though…

The guy that runs the vape shop down the street cant direct lung vape. His lungs wont let him inhale anything anymore. He was one of those guys that was testing new liquid 24/7 on every new piece of equipment known to man kind between 35-80 Watts… he cant handle any more than .5 mg of nicotine anymore either. He says he will faint if he tries. That scared me sort of.

2 Likes

Thats the unknowns of what we are doing, the long term isnt long term yet…

I guess it goes back to the old sayings: “Too much of anything will kill you” & “Everything in Moderation”

There are limits, we just dont know the full extent of them yet or what damage they can cause, filling your lungs all day everyday with particles will take its toll, you have to remember that when vapour cools it returns to liquid, so essentially we are filling our lungs with liquid.

Interesting:

1 Like

I know… It’s kind of why I bought new batteries that don’t go past 30 Watts. I do notice if I vape too heavy I have trouble getting up and down stairs and if the nicotine is over 2mg now… whoo hoo head rush. It seems like the bakery vapes are kind of bugging me lately too…some of them making me cough. The menthol is fine, no problems inhaling menthol.

I bought 3 of these:

1 Like

I could never tolerate the PG anyway, it’s part of the reason I had to start mixing my own stuff. About 6 months in to my vape career the stuff I was ordering online had 50/50 or 70/30. I actually burned my lungs with it. I knew it was the PG.

I’m using only VG, 4% distilled water, 1% Absolut Vodka and the flavorings.

Those look awesome! I had an Aspire CF VV to start with but it wasnt as powerful and good looking as those!

I cant vape anything over 3mg now for the same reason, weird how you adjust so quickly eh?

I just read this:
“VG is a simple carbohydrate that the body metabolizes into water and carbon dioxide”
“PG is anti-bacterial”

If we were to have any issues from vaping I suspect it would be from the flavours, we have seen it already with diacetyl and acetoin

I’m 70/30 & sometimes 60/40, PG can be harsh especially if you use PG based nic.
Vaping vodka imo is not good at all even if its in small amounts but MAX VG might be why your having issues with your coils :wink:

1 Like

The guy at the vape shop used to get shipments of free liquid from everywhere on the planet. He is a big shop. He started the shop about 3 years ago with an 80K loan from his dad. He ordered Mt. Baker stuff in giant bottles with a 50/50 mix and filled his own bottles.

He was making a mint selling it and every kind of hardware. (Aspire was the stuff he was pushing hard)

Then he decided to start ordering Cuttwood and Bonzai and other big companies liquids. After a while every Tom, Dick and Harry started sending him samples and he would have his staff test it. If the 5 of them like the liquid he would order cases of it.

He fixed coils, sold RDA’s and drippers and wire… they were like the area experts. So basically this guy has been beating his lungs to death with 45-50 watt’s of everything anything.

1 Like

I burn the vodka off… that’s part of the reason I heat it. You have to get the alcohol out. But too…when you bottle anything that is going to sit around not in a cooler for a while - if you don’t put something (In my book) that is anti microbial in the cooking process (like alcohol) your asking for trouble. I look at this process like canning. The other thing with alcohol… it helps break down the VG so the flavor permeates or I have a 3 week steep time with full VG. The nicotine is antibacterial in and of itself… so should always have a tiny bit and the fact is… we are boiling this vapor before it hits our lungs.

Aha, i didnt know about that process with the alcohol, i use PG so i have that, im beginning to wonder about steeping and whether that really applies to all liquids, i mean, the premium liquids you buy must be packaged in sort of a vacuum as they only start to steep once you open them, or at least thats how it seems…

It took me a long time to get my unflavored nicotine mix at this VG/Water/Vodka level. I learned most of what I did strangely from Aussie websites. They use 10% water! I’m telling you, it makes all the difference in the world. Some of these folks on here razz me to no end about the water but VG is just too thick and stubborn to vape alone.

1 Like

Distilled water? Sounds legit… Never really thought about it but it makes a lot of sense

It was a chemist for one of the big mixing companies that spilled the beans on how the big guys mix it. They ALL heat it and use either magnetic stirring or ultrasonic of some kind or another.

1 Like

I started topping off some of my liquids with 2 to 4% distilled water, I ffound it helped as most of the people that vape my stuff use smaller set ups/tanks, cuts down on the dry hits as they struggle with a high viscosity.

1 Like

But what makes their liquid NOT steep while waiting for sale?

It has to be some sort of vacuum packing right?

Try something for me. Mix some stuff with no PG, just like I said 4 or 5% water and 1% expensive vodka and heat your stuff for an hour at 175 degrees. Shake the hell out of it and let it sit for 3 days and you tell me if you need PG anymore. You wont.

1 Like

It’s the heat and about a weeks steep.

The problem with that equation is this…

Expensive Vodka… I dont even like vodka but if i had a bottle i would drink it all… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

How can they time the steep? If they make a batch, heat and steep for 1 week then ship to a distributor and it sits with the distributor a month but each bottle sells at different time periods over that month you would expect to see differences in the liquid that are visible in the same time frame after opening, instead you see the same color all the time…

Make sure you keep the lid partially open overnight when you mix too. Let that booze and chemicals from the flavorings gas off… leak those gasses leak out of the bottle for 24 hours. That was the other thingthe chemist told me. You gotta get that stuff out of the mix.

No it gets darker over time. Vape shop guy will tell you that. You can almost watch it happen. The more nic too, the darker it gets. They all get darker if they have any nic in them at all.

1 Like

Just try what I told you. When you vape it - it’s smooth as a babies behind too. No throat hit. Just listen to Gramma and try it sweetie.

1 Like