Minor strawberry discussion!

What is the “petal” thingy about?

4 Likes

I am one of those strawberry challenged people. I recently found that a combination of Shisha Strawberry and Strawberry Ripe does work for me. It only took me a few years to find it. As far as MF, I have recently got on the MF train so MF Strawberry will be purchased sooner rather later.

6 Likes

I would LOVE to hear your feedback as no one has every gotten back to me on that.

4 Likes

Will do. I just got a few other MF flavors in that I wanna test before I get to Strawberry.

1 Like

It’s just a term of endearment I use a lot (along with bab but that’s more a local dialectical thing), like “sweetheart” or something. But @TW12 picked up on the fact that I use it a lot

Sorry :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

Strawberry was one of the last flavors I could taste…meaning for the first couple years of vaping I didn’t know what the fuss was all about I couldn’t really taste it. It must be the repairing of my taste buds or the fact that if you make a million and one juices that contain some sort of SB and whatever your bound to eventually hit the nail on the head… so now that I can taste strawberry it is a very big deal as it is my go to flavor… my typical ADV is some sort of a SBs n cream I’ve drummed up. Some recipes are dripping sweet others more creamy than strawberries. Learning what your after and what works best for you and to keep trying. ( Those that are SB Challenged )

I am getting Alpine SB in the mail by this weekend I’ll report back finding when and once steeped.

My take on SBs in our world of vape would go down like this :

Ripe SB- A bold fresh non sweet SB that is crisp non creamy, good for body and can come off as acidic.

Red Touch FA- Similar to Ripe SB in that it’s crisp non sweet , non creamy and good for body but doesn’t come off nearly as acidic but has an underlying orange note in the background to me.

Juicy Strawberry FA- Sweet candy like strawberry that has a small portion of a ripe SB within it but overall using it around 1-3% in a mix will bear a candy taffy like SB. Used under 1% has given the juice a sweeter SB note not necessarily candy.

Strawberry Shisha INW- Sweet , Jammy SB with a seedy like essence can be used to boost non sweet SBs to make more realistic especially in the 1-3% range. I have used this as the only SB in a mix at 6% and it was fine did not go chemical.

Strawberry FLV- Candy sweet SB that resembles Starburst , on the creamy side. I like to keep it lower as it has a way of becoming overwhelming.

Strawberry Filling FLV- Sweet SB with a light bakery note in the background has a candy like note but not nearly as sweet as the original SB.

Strawberry cream FLV- Bright notes of Berries seems like a cross of raspberries and strawberries with a soft clean cream that is unsweetened.

Sweet Strawberry Caps- Traditionally Sweet Sb that works well with SB Ripe giving a nice balance of real and sweet.

Sweet Strawberry JF- At first taste I thought it was a knock off of Caps but wooah I was wrong this is uber jammy sweet with a light creaminess to it.

Strawberry RF SC- Sweet strawberries with a light note of crisp strawberry under note.

Strawberry RF VG- Sweet strawberry that has more of an acidic take to it that isn’t as sweet as the SC.

Strawberries and cream TPA- Cream forward buttercream with a back note of lightly crisp semi sweet strawberries.

Strawberries and cream Cap- Strawberries that are more chemical has a nicer cream than TPA it is more clean cream and the overall base of this flavor has a chemical take hence it’s unpopular status to me it has a bakery note far off in the background this is probably the AC and AP shining thru.

Strawberry FW- juicy sweet strawberry with a bright berry note.

Strawberry MF- Bright Strawberry note ,semi sweet , very good for body.

Fresh strawberries WF- chemical note strawberries were not sweet more ripe.

Strawberry Ripe OoO- reminds me of TPA’s version.

24 Likes

I have not tried it yet, but will look around my vendors for the best price.
Thanx for the reply.

As an afterthought…Alpine Strawberry may be another option I haven’t tried but that fekking price is a bit prohibitive.

3 Likes

If it helps, a majority of the recipes you will use it in will be .25-.5% flavor
I use 1% flavor when i am not using any other strawberry
There is NO room to go higher. This flavor is dangerously soapy/ chemically when used to aggressively

9 Likes

Ah…good point.

1 Like

This is very useful and informative. Thanks.

2 Likes

That is what i’ve read so far that the concentration of Alpine is insane. I will do a single flavor test tonight and let it steep for 30 days.

2 Likes

Welllllllllll… is the Alpine all it’s hyped up to be (making my order for it today) ?

1 Like

Uh hmm I just made a 1% SA in 10 mls and boy is it strong still a bit chemical off the batch did not taste it was thinking of letting it steep a good while. I may get along better of a Stand alone batch of 0.50 % so If at 30 days the existing batch is still too much I’ll split it in half.

But ! I will say underneath all of the chemical ( strong potent smelling ) strawberries I get a sweet smelling strawberry so I do feel it’ll be well worth it for the strength factor

2 Likes

Sounds like it’s potent. 1% is probably too strong from what I’ve heard others state about it (I’m thinking of DIV Vapor’s testing of it). Thanks for the quick reply.

2 Likes

I agree 1% will most likely be overkill but in a max vg mix at 30 days I’ll test it. I don’t mind pushing flavors outside the comfort zone… unless it’s cinnamon haha

I’d love to hear how your test batches run of it.

2 Likes

@Amy2 I find it very strong. Lately i have been referencing the flvfan site for information on flv - there are some great insights and articles.

http://flvfan.com/alpine-strawberry

3 Likes

I did see that and pretty much read everywhere that it’ll put hair on your chest ! Good info thou to spread the word ! I contend at 30 days steep I’ll officially give it a try and then promply divide the batch in half lol and nod to you all :wink:

on FLV’s site they have some good suggested ratios pretty reliable thus far from what I looked over

4 Likes

Cant find anyone in the UK that stocks any MF or HS flavours.

1 Like

Hangsen - I’ve ordered from here a few times :+1:

MF

Or MF dilutions

Hope this helps!

6 Likes

Thanks Lolly. Much appreciated.

1 Like