Missing flavour?

i have just mixed bilberry bought at FA at 4% and 8%. 8% starts to taste
right, but still not full flavour. WTF!!! Maybe it’s not for me…

1 Like

If you have just mixed it, i would leave it to breath for at least 4-6 hrs and a cpl of days steep to start with. A week ,2 weeks and so on it will taste better. As with everything time is your friend here and theres no substitute really.

1 Like

Bilberry is not a sweet flavor by FA it needs some love ! Give it a good shake daily and crack open the bottle to give it a little air each day them put it back up in a cabinet or drawer for around 2 weeks. You can add a little blueberry or another sweeter fruit to take some of the tartness down. I personally like to add cotton candy after it has steeped the reason for this is because cotton candy has ethyl malto in it and it will eventually mute your flavors after a while. So I add about 1% Circus cotton candy TFA about a day or two before 2 weeks is up and by the time I pull it to vape it , it’s nice and sweet !

2 Likes

Mixing e liquid is not for everyone, you have to read lots and get a good understanding of the process and alchemy, its not particulary difficult but a creative, open mindset and being proactive helps.

Good luck

EDIT: im from the UK and I buy my flavors from https://www.chefsflavours.co.uk never had an issue with them

1 Like

Maybe you have a bad case of “Vaper’s Tongue”?
It does one heck of a great job on making your e-joooose flavorless.

@Matidimmu, I suggest to check if you have changed your mod/tank/coil setups recently as you started DIY?
For example, if you moved from using a setup with Clieto coil heads (the dual Clapton ones) to one with a tank that has a single wire coil setup, you may think all juices lost flavor. Even a bad set of new coil heads with low quality can create that situation…

Share more about the setup / hardware you’re using, and if you chnged it recently maybe we can find the reason there.
Good luck getting back to flavor,
TVS

1 Like

I read a lot and follow a few guys on YT, like DiyOrDie. I’m trying to know as much as I can, I just think there is either something wrong with the concentrates, or I actually suck :smile: it’s not like I just sat down and started doing whatever. I read, analyse, adapt and edit . And about vapors tongue, I don’t really know, to be honest. Tried pink lemonade by element and black astaire by Zeus juice, and it tasted fine. My setup was triton 2 with 0.5 Clapton and kayfun v4. Now I’ve just bought tsunami for flavour testing. And to be honest, even on my kayfun the flavour is weak. Stronger than on sub ohms, but still weak.

1 Like

You don’t suck, try try again and you will get it.

1 Like

this probably isn’t the issue you have but I’ll tell you anyway, occasionally, I go taste blind, the flavour fairies come and takes me flavours, don’t know why, just happens and it is most annoying, I fixed it by making a custard peppermint menthol, quite a strong one with menthol AND koolada in, I blast a few drips of that on a decent dripper, clears me right out, clear the tubes so to speak, now I always have a bottle on hand and a dripper exclusive to it, works for me, might not for you but hey ho, such is life :wink:

1 Like

Post your recipe and any pictures of your bottles, preferably your nicotine, PG and VG lets see if there’s an inconsistency somewhere.

I must of missed that last night (was a little drunk lol).

So is there NO flavour or just not the flavour you wanted?

I completely agree here, my wife vapes menthol and it really helps to refresh the taste buds.

2 Likes

I’ve been using the same V&S recipe for a year, it’s simple, 5% peppermint, 5% custard 5% menthol/koolada mix and then add a few drips of sweet cookie, caramel or butterscotch to change it about, bit of e.m to season :wink: its great after a few seconds in the microwave.

1 Like

It’s hard to describe. The flavour is really, really faint, in the background, and in front there is some weird flavour, almost like You would chew on a bit of cotton dipped in vg. And sometimes I have an aftertaste tasting a bit like a tomato peel. Just frackin weird…

There is a lot of factors to consider:

Are you letting your liquid soak into your cotton?
Are you steeping/shaking your liquid?
Are you using too high wattage?
Have you burnt your cotton?
Etc etc

Post your exact recipe please

1 Like

i can vouch to what @Pugs1970 said. with a lot of (exciting) mixing, you can get flavor-blind - i don’t think it’s the same as Vaper Tongue, it’s a much more temp thing - like your senses getting a temporary shutdown by your brain and you need to reboot them. drinking black coffee or some lemon/mint also helps.

the other thing i experienced and remember well in my early mixes, was that I used too much flavor % - that was 15-20% flavor - the resulting flavor was muted (not exaggerated as i expected), then i get heart-burn, and i taste something like “vomit” in the upper back of my throat. later i learnt that these signs are my brain - and my body’s- own “system reactions” to over-flavoring. i dilute my test mix with some VG - now i have a “dilutor” ready mixed and available for emergencies - and i could start getting some flavor again - i can work again from there - i now start low with flavor and then add, not the other way around.

i learnt how my specific preferred setup also magnifies flavors. there are some commercial juices i can’t vape (too sweet, too strong) - now some mixes i enjoy are only 8-10 % total flavor. then some flavors need to be used with caution (honey, yogurt, Banana are some of those i found)

maybe that helps? good luck
TVS

1 Like

Here is a quick fix for your first test of this recipe:
double the % of all the flavors and mix a 10ml bottle, let it steep and test it. if that test comes out perfect you are done, if it comes out way too strong you can mix the original weak batch with the new too strong batch at equal proportions. ie put 2.5ml of each in a 3rd bottle. the steeping is done so you can try this bottle to see if it is perfect. if it is right you can adjust the original recipe by a factor of 1.5 for your version.

2 Likes

Will try that. And just in case I’ve ordered another set of flavourings, this time from vaporchef

Vendors repackage flavors …meaning they buy large amounts and then create many smaller bottles for us. I have had problems with small 10 ml bottles which seemed to not be errr fully shaken before the re bottling. Try a single flavor mix as I would guess you have a bum flavor.

When available I buy original bottles from the manufacturer

1 Like

Found the “magic” ingredient that makes juice taste amazing… sucralose :smiley: still need to lift the precentages, but that is a massive step forward for me. Im thinking about experimenting with stevia. anyone had any success with it?