Mixers Block

For the moment my flavor stash is not extensive enough to do that. Also I think an advantage of being a newbie is that getting in some sort of mixing rut seems far away :blush: All this DIY stuff is still pretty exciting and being lazy about it seems to be counter productive in this steep learning curve. I’m sure one day I will feel the same as you guys, but for tne moment it’s nothing but great fun!
Hope you all find a tastefull mix.

5 Likes

I bookmarked the Ingredient Pairing website. Now I’m screwed, I lost my mind. I followed the instructions and a recipe called “Better than Sex Cake” came up. You either won’t see me for a long time or I’ll be hyperposting recipes.

5 Likes

Actually cucumber is not that bad. More difficult to work with cardamom or rose lol

4 Likes

Hate to break the news but I’m not that experienced. May you always have a seeking mind with hands to match.:smile:

3 Likes

Yeah… Sorry about that. Lol
It was about the ingredients, and combination, and my dislike of them individually. Never mind combined. LMAO :wink:

Is like apples, and raisins, and some other ingredients in a particular “salad” that’s been made in my family for at least two generations now… absolutely makes my stomach churn at the thought of it. But it’s a “family favorite” for others. :crazy_face:

Besides which, it can’t be called it a “salad” IMO, unless it has green leafy things!! :wink: chuckles
(And before someone asks, no, “potato salad” isn’t salad IMO. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: lol Though I love some versions of it!)

4 Likes

Oh don’t let that affect things!
I was just going for a laugh (for the most part).
Just because someone else’s tastes don’t coincide with yours should never be sufficient reason to not cater to your own desires/needs!

3 Likes

I have a lazy mixer recipe embedded in the post. Problem is I’m too lazy to write it down again

6 Likes

I got that! Didn’t mean to sound so serious there! I was just pointing out that I was vindicated shortly after getting the green face :wink:

4 Likes

I don’t know why but now I want to mix potato or macaroni salad. I have to stay away from flavor vendors today or I might start purchasing the ingredients, pretty sure somebody made all the flavorings and I’m afraid it could actually be good :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Cardamom and blueberry is something I like together at a 3-4 week steep. I have a mix on the recipie side posted.

4 Likes

…and bam! Just like that, Bob’s your uncle! lol :grinning:

4 Likes

I think I remember something like carrots and raisins in my childhood. :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Beer and chocolate?:face_vomiting:

1 Like

One of my favorite seasonal beers. :yum:

3 Likes

I like a good stout, myself, but I was thinking of drinking beer whilst eating a box of Russell Stover’s or something…blech!

3 Likes

Yeah, that doesn’t sound like a good combo, lol.

2 Likes

Excellent Link I appreciate that, so much easier for me at least. :+1:

2 Likes

Something else to think about… rather than trying new combinations from your stash, how about a flavor you’d previously never thought about? Pistachio, butterscotch, licorice, I dunno. You may find a new road to travel that way. And of course, a different vendor version of a flavor you already have?

2 Likes

I put 10-20 flavors in a little velvet bag and have my husband pick 5 without looking. That did lead to some very weird combinations, but also some I’ve never thought off putting together.

Other times after for days researching the flavors and possible combinations your mixers block is gone and you can’t run quick enough back to the station lol.

For this to work tho, don’t just put your favorite flavors in there. If you picked wow, basil, avocado cream and espresso believe me that cures any blockage within 1 second, nobody want to vape that!

4 Likes

I still look at dessert recipes and - real food - for inspiration ! I bet I could go back over that old thread and get reinvigorated …

I don’t write nearly as many new recipes anymore and spend most of my time mixing up the ones I love and moving on.

But sometimes for fun I do just pick random flavors and build from there…mixers block is for real doh I’ve had some struggles.

7 Likes