Mixing Equipment for Sale

42K. Wow. Every time I walk in a Home Depot (despot?) I go into shock. I usually have something. People contact me for repairs and I often wind up buying the stuff.Congrats on your new home.

5 Likes

How does the custard master not have a homogenizer?

6 Likes

Im a ginger and a super hyper one even at this age. The one real big lesson mixing taught me was patience, prior to mixing i had none at all.

And i dont think i was around much when he was selling them the first time around nor the second. Between flavors and weed my allowance is spent immediately, hehe.

For real. I was a carpenter for most of my life both commercial and residential. The prices today are nauseating and a huge reason we bought a modular home instead of stick built. And thank you.

Ill see what happens for Christmas, should i get enough monies and you still have some it is still a possibility.

6 Likes

Those lumber prices around covid were really insane. It was like 10x the price

8 Likes

The price of the modular we bought went up 75k 6 months after we locked in our price. After that they dropped that model, only so many of a model are built, but had they not im sure it would have gone up so much more.

Sorry for the derail, mrpipes.

5 Likes

Im pretty sure the one i had back in the day when i sold juice was a kinematica. That head looks familiar. Mine got destroyed in a hurricane but i coukd have sworn i kept the head. I have no idea where it could be though since there was so much going on with rebuilding etc

5 Likes

His wife hasn’t kicked him out of house yet.

6 Likes

Yeah Kinematica made the first Lab sized units back in the 1960"s and have been the leader in the smaller sized ones since then. Polytron is just one of their lines of homogenizing equipment and they come up with some wild stuff. Its all top notch quality. My personal large volume one came out of Harvard Medical school and under the stand it had the doctors name and price paid. 25 years ago he paid over 5K and it was still in pristine condition.

Lots of people balk at using heat with these but if you don’t the results aren’t there. After lots of testing and the advice of a PHD chemistry professor, 60c/140F produces optimum results with PG/VG mixes. Nic has to be left out or it will oxidize. I mix all in Boston rounds, heat, homogenize, then cap and cool down. I never agitate nicotine. I add nic then run one 5 minute cycle in an ultrasonic cleaner. That disperses the nic and removes cavitation bubbles in the mix. I routinely vape 1 hour old mixes. You can mix on the fly and immediately make changes.

8 Likes

Walt Reynolds said similar, 130F. That was the point at which my fear of heat prior to curing died. Dont need it hot for long, just long enough to do whatcha gotta do.

8 Likes

Thanks for mentioning that. Walt was of course technically correct. I should have included for use of the homgenizer. The extra degrees are for (a) to err on the high side if there was an error heating and (b) a little more reduction of the viscosity of the VG. The throughput/circulation of the homogenizer improves. Similarly the developer (engineer) with CAT Scientific also published a video stating 140F for use with theirs. Cat made a very good quality homogenizer and catered mostly to the cannabis industry. Out of business now I think.

7 Likes

The GC with the cosmetic issue has been sold. I should have 6 large GC’s done over the weekend. Apologies to those waiting on the smaller one. Next week for sure but not sure how many but probably 4. I will also list a newer Kinematica
/Polytron motor, power supply, and disperser made by me for it.

9 Likes

Which RDA cost that much :joy:

4 Likes

The Skyfall Rda

6 Likes

I feel your pain, I’ve got a $16,000 order of windows and a door coming up soon.

5 Likes

I would pay that much for an RDA if it self-cleaned and re-wicked :rofl:

8 Likes

Would that one have worked with a Black and Decker?

Did you say the blemished ones you made are $200-$250? I’m reading too fast and not clear on what you said. Thx for clarifying.

5 Likes

Both are sold?

5 Likes

The one with the blem is sold. ($200.) Two people are waiting on small size to be finished. Large size will be available after this weekend. Since you have a B&D RTX, I can make one work for you if you like. I’m going through a box full of leftover parts and it turned out that many were not for a Dremel anyway.

6 Likes

Okay, take your time. I’m happy that people are showing interest. To be sure, the B&D I have will run the larger size, no problem?

7 Likes

No problem whatsoever. I probably made around 50 of the large size with drive fittings for the B&D. I’m pretty sure that Fiddy uses one with the large. There will only be maybe 15 or so of both sizes combined. But its holiday time and I doubt that all will be sold over the holidays and for you I can always make one. I just don’t want to go back in business.

6 Likes