Mixing For POD systems ( pod system recipe ideas )

ty i went 50/50 on this first mix , ill fill a pod for my GF in a couple days and report back

3 Likes

Itā€™s cool on the shake it was all natural evergreen pine tree, now a week later Im getting what ppl are talking about. Itā€™s magical $#!7 the taste keeps changing while your vaping for the good. It needs steep.

Just tried my other ones. No Magic @4 & 5% So maybe 7-10% would be optimal.

3 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes

Had to pass this along so you might benefit and pass it to others wondering.

Finally figured out how to stop these pods from leaking while theyā€™re just sitting around.

Prime them with 1-2 drops of 10%PG/90%VG at the bottom of both sides and then fill them with your 30%PG/70%VG. or whatever you prefer.

Its like theyā€™re brand new. Have 10 I pre-filled sitting out for 2 days perfect. No more filling everyday or coming home to find half of them leaked.

2 Likes

So after digesting all this information about mixing for pods, i feel like im no closer to the answer im looking for, it seems it has become a given rule that flvr needs to be increased heavily when using pod systems , is this the case give you are usually vaping between 10-30w maximumā€¦ also given the info i have mustered up myself over the past 2 yrs regarding less is moreā€¦when it come to mixing, i can only assume that this rule maybe is thrown ot the window when it comes to mixing for pods. Also is it possible to experience that creamy mouthfeel at such a low wattage by upping your percentagesā€¦or will they just mute outā€¦ hope someone can shed some light on this situation for meā€¦cheers

2 Likes

Advice. Keep it simple. Sure, maybe you will up the flavor percentage a bitā€¦but not a ton. But beyond that keep the mix simple.

There are two pod style vapes I mix. One is spearmint flv with 27fish cap and vanillaā€¦with like three drops of fresh cream fa. The other is pineapple bottomā€¦pineapple fa and rfsc with brown sugar tpa and dew other basic touches but itā€™s mostly pineapple and brown sugar.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s a simple Pod recipe :slight_smile: https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/3210486/Cookie%20Dough%20Smores

2 Likes

I agree with keep it simpleā€¦

I can say tho with the ultrasā€¦ I do not add more flavorā€¦ a simple recipe should be good in tanks pods and everything else :wink:

3 Likes

Iā€™m hoping you guys can help with this, because Iā€™m not a pod user, and its literally been years since Iā€™ve vaped high ohmā€¦ I just won a Vaptio Cosmo starter kit (not a podā€¦ just a little starter kit that has 10, 20, 30 watt selections, and .7 and 1.6 ohm replaceable coils) from Vaptio, here on ELR.

Iā€™m gifting it to a smoking coworker whoā€™s never tried any sort of vaping. Sheā€™s cross country, so not like I can do ā€˜trial and errorā€™ with her juicesā€¦ I just need to mix and ship asap.

Iā€™m sending her an ounce each of my fave diy juicesā€¦ rather than making her my ā€˜nic salt guinea pigā€™ for mixing, Iā€™m sending her freebase nic, I think likely in 60/40 blend, so she gets a nice throat hit, and about 12 nic.

Hereā€™s the questionā€¦ since I find my juices flavorful at .12 ohm, around 50 wattsā€¦ should I generally increase the flavor to be more flavorful for her in her much lower wattage, much higher ohm setup? Again, sheā€™ll have coils at .7 and 1.6 ohm and the setup kinda varies from MTL to sort of a mid restricted DL hit, depending on the airflow /wattage and coil used.

Sheā€™s also been a smoker for years, so likely has some of the dead taste bud thing going on we all had to contend with in the beginning of vape journey.

What do you guys think? Kick up the flavor to 110 or 120% of what I normally use?

3 Likes

I think it depends on the flavor companyā€¦ with Flvā€¦ I really do not increase the flavor for a mtl/Nic salt experienceā€¦ If you have a decent recipe, using a lot of the ultrasā€¦ you will find there is not a need to raise total flavor amount. Could just be me thoā€¦ wont know till you try it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve found that mixing simple recipes for pods works the best ā€¦ When I mix a recipe for my GF and Mom I keep the recipe simple ā€¦ Dont use too many flavors 20 to 30pct flavoring isnā€™t always necessary , some people seem to think that what you have to do but its notā€¦ What recipe are yointrying to convert into a pod recipe

3 Likes

Thanks guys! Not so much a pod recipe, as a ā€˜high ohmā€™ recipe. I just figured you guys were the best ones to ask about recipes for higher ohm coil, lower watt vaping. Iā€™m looking for best mix for new vaper, vaping .7 and 1.6 ohm, 10-30 watts.

Its these 4 that I need to mix for her tomorrow. Top one is my recipe, other three are from other users:

Krispy Kreme: Iā€™ve increased flavor on this to 12.5% for my own use, vaping .15 ohm mesh at about 45 watts.

Birthday Cake: I always sub TPA VBIC instead of CAP in this one.

Pink Lemonade: I usually add 1-2 drops of malic acid per 30 ml, for slight increase to the sour.

2 Likes

S&V smells and tastes premium;

9% Strawberry Shisha (INW)
5% Fuji Apple (FA)
1% Super Sweet (CAP)

50/50 VG/PG

it smells like strawberry licorice candy

1 Like

I was messing with pod recipes and not having success. I have found that just increasing the flavoring in some of my favorite mixes by 30% has done the trick for the most part. You might need to make some subtle changes and it doesnā€™t work on all recipes, mostly fruit recipes. My Lava Flow clone came out great but I also added 1% steviaclear from NR which had been discontinued. It went from 8.3% for a normal vape to 10.79% total flavoring + the 1% stevia addition. You can taste the coconut and pineapple and it is 60% VG for a pod system and 15mg salt nic is the highest I will go, vape 10mg salt myself in a pod.

I have tried some of these 20% + flavoring pod recipes and think they are horrible and way to over flavored. Pods are not all created equal as well, some mute flavor so much it doesnā€™t matter what you mix in it, you will hardly taste anything anyway. Others are pretty damn good, pods have come a long way for sure.

2 Likes

@DarthVaporā€™s recipes do work rather well with pods, which seem to behave somewhat like the old pen vaporisers, I find. They are usually to high in concentrates for my tanks as much as I enjoy the profiles.

3 Likes

I added 2.5% JF Honey Peach in a 30ml bottle with 25mg Salt Nic and let it sit for 2 daysā€¦ Man did it ever warp into a metallic tasting mess

3 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes Iā€™d love to hear your ideas

2 Likes

Pod Recipes?? Keep them simple , eliminate layering creams , cooling and sweetness help ill post a fruity pebbles recipe for a Pod

I used the FW with the Cap here bc the FW has sharper notes than the Cap but usually i would use that combo at 4 and 2 or lower and the berry crunch at half this pct at leastā€¦i elimanate all cream aspects bc the dont come through imeā€¦I do like to use more pronounced flavors like Pink Guava ā€¦I dont think you need to be up in the 30pct range . 2 flavor bangers is the term used in vaping and that term is great for pods then add favorite sweetnerā€¦@Michelle Hughes started a thread about additives that use to be used back in 2015/16 and that makea me want to try and see if they will help a pod recipe

I have found that two contrasting flavors that pair well work great in Pods so say Choco and Mint

2 Likes

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

One thing i donā€™t have any nic salt just normal nic does that matter?

2 Likes

Nic Salt is smoother than freebase and goes to the bllod stream faster than Freebaseā€¦I use Nic Salt bc that what others used b4 meā€¦If your going to stay in the 24mg and under range i think freebase shld be fineā€¦But lets ask @woftam what he thinks

Or anyone else who has tries both ways

2 Likes