Mixing VG + Flavors + water for dillution. No PG

so most definately then i have the aromatic line. cause it does say for “For food applications” on the bottle.

theres no way they’re gonna bring in the shisha line. especially when the vape stuff is banned :slightly_smiling:

i guess my next option is try the Scentium-flavourings. however their bottles lack any sort of ingredients. :frowning:

1 Like

Not saying you can’t use what you have. Just the ingredients in them and the concentration levels will be much different than what you might expect from the Shisha line. You may be able to find more info through the web, or it might just take a lot more tinkering to get the levels right. My guess is that most of the percentages we talk here will be out of whack for what you are using.

Youi can always taste a drop of the juice you made on the tip of your finger. As long as it’s not 100mg nic it won’t hurt you. See if you detect the off taste there.

What are the ohms reading on the mod? Those being Kanthal, I always built unspaced coils.

That wick doesn’t look at all burnt. What kind of cotton is it? I don’t see that stated anywhere. I have had Japanese Cotton taste kinda woody at first until it got broke in. But nothing so bad I couldn’t vape right on through it. You being where you are, and with the lack of resources you have available to you, I am afraid you might have to become a bit of a Pioneer. I would try to find some good clean organic cotton.

Try building some of these, or watch some videos using the same wire you have available.

i am not sure i understand that part. as in ?

1 Like

if i remember that may have been 0.4 or so

Unless you see Aromatic somewhere on the bottle I actually think your using the UFF food line.

UFF: is the main line of flavors and is used in:

• Soft & carbonated beverages
• Confectionary, sweets & chewing gum
• Ice cream & dairy products
• Biscuits, wafers & bakery
• Fats & ghees
• Pharmaceuticals & personal care products

I mean 5-10% of the Shisha line might give totally different flavor than 5-10% of the UFF food line. You may only need 2% or it might take 25% to achieve the same flavor. Not sure which it is and it may take quite a bit of experimenting to find out.

woudl it be wise to switch to this?

To see if it is the cotton, you could put a few drops of juice directly on the coils after removing the cotton and see if you still taste the weird flavor. Don’t let the coils get too hot though. Quick pulse, juice.

I am not even sure what that cotton is. The problem with that cotton and the cotton you are using, it wasn’t designed for vaping. So it’s really hard to say if you can safely use them or not. Only one way to find out.

ok so today i went back to the guy that sells the flavorings and while talking to the reseller of the UFF with the jordanian flavours i asked him if he can bring me the shisha type and he said NO.

so i bought the scentium-flavourings type.
guess what? it has no perfummy smell. it smells much nicer and cleaner.

i bought 100ml of four flavours to try out.

milk paste i believe is one
strawberry
banana
chocolate.

i also purchased a new bottle of glycerin that i have taken a picture of here. its purity is 99.5% and is labeled Glycerin AR.

wait a minute. so drip on the coil. close the RDA, vape with no cotton?
i realize you said very fast but isnt that dangerous?

My guess is it is still the cotton. I had a friend use cotton balls, just to try it, that tasted horrible. Something about the fibers being different than the cotton sheets we use for vaping.
I still don’t believe you would get these tastes you speak of from any flavorings, even is they are shit flavorings. At the very least you would get a chemical/perfume taste from them. A burnt or cardboard taste is akin to what you would get from a fiber, not an extract.
So without having it in front of me, my money is still on the cotton.

Much thanks to @Big_Benny_MI and @LordVapor for jumping in!

I concur 100% and i am trying to find good cotton. theres no organic here in baghdad per say … i am just trying all sorts.
so perhaps my cardboard taste is me using a fancy name for burnt cause i have nothing to compare to.

Burnt cotton can taste like smoking a stick.

And to answer your question - no, it is not dangerous to fire your coil without cotton. It is how you clean most coils (except Ti. Never dry fire Ti). There would be enough residual liquid on the coils that you could do a few test vapes, maybe adding a drop or two to the coils after each vape. Then you would be able to eliminate the juice you made as the culprit.

Can you get ahold of any hemp cord? It would look like twine.

I am with Darth. I would bet money the cotton you are using in’t good. Maybe it has some polyester fill or something in it. Even small traces of a substance that is not cotton can burn and give off a nasty flavor. So like I was saying in a previous reply, you may just have to get creative. Think outside the box mod. Start hunting for alternative wicking materials. Surely there is something near you that can be shoved into those coils and will work. It may not be the best solution. But ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

I sent you a message. Maybe you don’t know how to check your messages. Are you in the military? Can we send you some wicking material to an APO address or something over there?

1 Like

Yeah you never know with cotton balls. It may say 100% cotton but that doesn’t mean it hasn’t been treated or bleached.

I am not an expert on cotton so I may be talking out of my ass but from the 10 minute research I have done on people using cotton balls as a wick, they all say they give off a horrible taste.

@LordVapor, I would think that if we could mail him some cotton, that he would just be able to order it from a US supplier just as easily. Seeing as though he can’t (ASSuming) order and get a package from the states, I don’t see how a residential package would be any different.

Man I feel for you brother, that has to be driving you mental!! The alternative being cigs or cold turkey sucks!!

Where are you buying this cotton from that you are sending pictures of?

The only cotton balls I see that have been successful, are the organic but yet still give a bad taste for the first few rounds

Obviously there isn’t a target in Baghdad…

This is a stretch and I have no idea if it is even possible for our application but what about a a shop that sells apparel materials? I know they sell organic cotton yarn? Just throwing out ideas

I don’t think the standard rules apply when mailing to an APO. I have heard of people getting crazy stuff mailed to them all the time. And I actually mailed a friend of mine stuff to Baghdad a couple times. It was a military address and it was actually free if I remember correctly. This was a very long time ago. But yeah, maybe he’s navy seal and is hold up in a bunker somewhere :wink:

@aalmosawi1 - if you can figure out where you might be able to get a care package mailed to you I would be happy to hook you up.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t know anything when it comes to post on these things. Crazy that there isn’t any place there that has at least organic something…but it is Baghdad

Another option for regular cotton balls is to boil them?

I see mixed reviews on this but what do you have to lose?

Every forum I have read thus far talk about doing this only if you can’t find organic

But these cotton balls you have now, sounds like you are vaping bleach as well

1 Like

Hey now, there’s an idea hehe. I wonder what else you can boil and use for a wick? :smiley:

1 Like

omg you guys have no idea i just discovered the source of my problem. LOL it was sooooo unpredictable.

it was the f’king banana flavour that had the whole mix of tones in flavour. it was toxic alcohol.
i took the lid off the flavour bottle and decided to just take a tiny taste. i went and teasted all of them one by one. banana was the source of the issue.

OMG i swear when i tasted the banana i was dizzy. literally! it gave me a buzz.

i went through then the rest and guess what? the milk custard one sooooo good it was beautiful.

i am soo relived. i am just letting it steep for an hour and i gotta prep some cotton then i’ll try just solo milk custard or whatever it said on it.

the remaining flavours i had were all ok too (the new brand that is, scentium-flavourings)

so i ask. whats so f’ed up about the banana? its not expired or anything.

furthremore, the cotton issue still withstands. i’ll still try to find a good one. i am gonna try the new flavour with NO BANANA…
i think i have made 70% progress with just one culprit.

Very happy you found the issue!! I have never heard of such a thing? Does it have an ingredients list or can you get the MDSD sheet for it?

I would still do something about that cotton man. Lots of bad stuff in the “normal” cotton

I can’t see much from your picture