Mod building

Hey has anyone attempted to or thought of building their own mod??? I’ve done one and now think of it as practice for another. Dual 18650 parallel. It was like I said practice?

3 Likes

That’s pretty slick! Good job!

1 Like

From my experience from working with a company that builds hand made box mods it looks good! I’d recommend heat shrinking the sled wires though, really every wire just to play it safe. When those ground out to the box it isn’t fun

1 Like

The back behind the sled has a rubber membrane.

I’ve looked into it but I barely have time to wrap a proper coil these days. Maybe in the future ! Looks great tho !

1 Like

I have, many times! I’d love a wooden one. Just haven’t taken the time to sus out where to buy everything. I’m fairly good at woodworking; just need some nice wood and plenty of time! Any links on where to purchase the parts would be appreciated. Just for giggles, here’s a review of what not to build.

2 Likes

Ha-ha …if it works? Yout can find stuff all over and a bunch of place if you search will send you free samples but this might be ok for you? http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=111632803502&alt=web
Let me know if you want links for some free stuff??

1 Like

@quitter1; Thanks for the EBay link! Not to be lazy, but sure, I’ll take any links you have for parts and pieces for building a mod. I’m usually a research hound, but if someone else has all the links as to where the stuff is, I’ll take it!

$50 for a complete kit with that nice wood is a bargain!

I have given it some thought.
But haven’t gathered enough courage yet.

I remember when i went to school, the electronics class…!
Soldering is not for me - to say the least! Then to do it in a small, tight box? :flushed:
Think i need to practice on something of less value for a while first…

That feeling of accomplishment afterwards though, when you blow the first clouds from your homemade box - must be quite nice? @quitter1

2 Likes

You might want to checkout modmaker.co.uk for EU or nonamemods if your stateside. If you know exactly what you want and have the sku codes have a dig through mouser but for a first time thats really intimidating!

Im looking at building two boxes myself!

2 Likes

I haves few links even some in the uk when I get a chance I’ll post them. I’ve done alot of research and came up w a bunch of free samples too!!

2 Likes

Thanks @Dumbgecko.
Yeah if you want to share those that’s great @quitter1!
Or send a PM

1 Like

Free is good! Who doesn’t like free? More money saved to spend on the next atomizer around the corner.

1 Like

http://breaktru.com/smf/index.php?board=36.0
This place has alot of free stuff you have to be creative when contacting most of these resources and you certainly can’t be greedy when suggesting the send you sample. I’ve received everything I need to build a new mod except for a mosfet which is really cheap on the bay.

2 Likes

These are the last parts i need so I’ll b starting soon on # 2

2 Likes

Free samples from 3m. Two of each …8x10 …more than enough to wrap any mod or anything vape!!!
I’m a maintenance supervisor @ hoaspital and use my title here and a good imagination to conjure up reasons to aquire different things… lol. I feel a little guilty sometimes… ummmm not really Ha-ha???

2 Likes

Wow man, That’s great! :smile:

You have no reason to feel guilty at all! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Now I just gotta attempt another build???

bad azz DIY

2 Likes

Hey I like that - Instantly reminded me of Fight Club :smiley: Then I switched to the pinkish skin and BAM! :smiley:

2 Likes