Mod jumping ohms

If ya got the budget the yihi sx mini go for it

5 Likes

That sucks, thought you had it figured out. I really like the aegis solo. Single 18650 and built tough. Only prob is the 18650. Iā€™ve got the aegis max on order with the 21700 capabilities and looking forward to playing with it.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve got most of the aegis mods and their dam good work mods

5 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™ve got a couple of the legend models and love them! The problem is if Iā€™m out walking around, they get heavy so I tried the Solo. Works great, but single 18650 doesnā€™t offer long usage so Iā€™m looking for 21700. Had a Cold Steel that fit the bill, but the 510 plate is press fitted and coming loose, which is really disappointing.

4 Likes

Im pretty sure that piece of mesh screwed the inner workings. I was heating up a new coil and the ohms jumped from .1-.4 ohms. Put it all together and it was a atomizer short. Oh well lol bring on the hammer :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Im gonna look i to some of these. As for the guar i wont. After the disaster with the vv pulse 2 im off them. Literally all 3 screws come undone on the 510 connector and i had to modify the pulse to use it. The screws where way too short to even be in there. They barely threaded into the inner base. I had to meld the plastic around the inner top to actual get it to screw in. :rofl::rofl::rofl: but it works now no issues. I also added a piece of a lego to allow the battery to stay in after i removed the terminal to melt all i needed to accomplish it :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Double hammer time Iā€™ve had the pulse 90 and the swell mod since they came out the swell has 49000 hits itā€™s one of three mods I go to work with trucking all day dirty and dusty @Lostmarbles and to @Psycho_316 be aware the new ageis has no lock on the up/down buttonā€™s it has a lock on the side but locks the whole mod bit of a dumb arse idea

4 Likes

Yeah i hate that she always changes wattage. She cant on the gpriv 3 she has though. Thats a must for any mod for her. Hate changing cotton twice in a day :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

I turned into a bit of a Lost Vape fan for single 21700 mods.
First up, I have a Ursa Quest which I use with the 510 attachment. Good mod but maybe a little large for a single 21700 in comparison to others. Still, looks good and works well with the Quest chip.
I have a couple of OG Grus mods, which are OK once you allow for a lower ohm reading than normal with the older chip they use. Both are still in my daily rotation.
I have two Grus 2.0 with the updated chip. Both work really well and have excellent battery life.
I also have two Thelema solo mods that are great. They look and feel really good and also have excellent battery life. They use the same chip as the Grus 2.0 and the Ursa Quest.

6 Likes

This is like truck enthusiasts type thing, My brand of truck is better than your brand of truck, well, youā€™d never have that happen with a DNAā€¦

(ignore my post about DNAs)

4 Likes

Well, it isā€¦ :rofl:

But seriously, people are partial to a particular brand depending on their experience so will always recommend their fav device or brand. No biggie, just helps get a balanced perspective on what is out there.

3 Likes

I liked my 2 a lot too, but obviously got a bad batch. Both ended up faulting for different reasons. They are a really comfortable weighty mod though and I liked them when when they worked.

I have one of these and like it a lot. Very solid and finish is wearing well. Feels good in the hand and I like the chip it has.

4 Likes

Shame about the cs mods, Iā€™ve been using the same 3 mods since they came out with the silver (has the better chip than the og black ones). Have 10 more in the stash. I figure for the price if I get 2-3 years from each Iā€™ll be happy. Be wanting 5 years out of the odins. Lol

5 Likes

Ahhhh, interesting,
Both of mine were the black ones.

Love a person who plans ahead :smiley:
I did the same with my fav RTAā€™s but I use them all dailyā€¦ lol

I reckon thatā€™s doable. They seem to be well built and I have had no issues at all with mine.

4 Likes

Is that the DNA75C from that Bogan dude?

Was skeptical about the hinge on the bottom but itā€™s been holding up pretty well after all these years.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s how I feel about the evic VCT Mini. Iā€™m low wattage, so the single 18650 works fine for me. Itā€™s my fav mod. I kept plucking one or two, here & there, during closeouts or clearance sales. Ended up with nine in the stash. Just retired my first one, after about 7 years.

4 Likes

I still have one of those! I bought so many of them when they were on clearance for $9.00 IIRC. Great little workhorse mods.

6 Likes

I have both the dna and 100, prefer the 100. Should sell the dna and buy a couple more of the 100 for the stash. Dna works fine; I just prefer a simpler chip.

5 Likes