Movies and Shows - What do you recommend? (2019)

Uhh …erm Black Summer on Netflix …watch something else. I mean I watched the whole thing, but only on the hope something was going to happen …just made me tired and disappointed …you’ll see …or not. Not big on the unlimited ammo. Note for the Apocalyptic Zombie future: shoot 'em in the knee . One bullet one knee …saves on ammo and totally slows em down. Seriously flip that weapon off full auto and kneecap 'em, then we don’t have to have all this running and 1,000-round Uzis …exhausted …disbelief not suspended.

7 Likes

https://www.netflix.com/title/80235932?s=i&trkid=13747225
Deeeeeecent!

3 Likes

lmao @BoDarc Too funny. I started Black Summer last night, and I’m having about the same level of ‘eh’. And NOONE on that show can shoot worth a damn… it is too dang funny. You’ve got 25 bullets, and you manage to waste 13 and still not kill the single zombie? Come on. I didn’t come up with the kneecapping with uzi idea, but I was thinking, man, they’d be better off with machete, and just chop em off at the knee! lol Great (rather bored) minds, think alike, me thinx.

5 Likes

“Mirage” on Netflix. Liked. Interesting combination of some old movie themes like Donny Darko and storm induced time warp, but nice twists kept it fresh. Originally Spanish with reasonable voice over. I like to put the subtitles on too …you get two scripts, the original (subs) and the voiced over lip sync.

And for comic relief on Tax Day? “The Legend of Cocaine Island” on Netflix …well done true story.

5 Likes

The Man in the High Castle

Line of Duty

2 Likes

Wow, talk about a good one. Took an episode or two to really take hold, but once it does, … look out.

3 Likes

Have to agree on this. Most of the way through part 2 of AO and I don’t want it to end. Quirky engaging television

4 Likes
2 Likes

https://www.netflix.com/title/70283264?s=i&trkid=13747225
The 100 season 6

4 Likes

I watched all seasons of The 100. The Finale of Season 5 was off-the-chain. But wait…

5 Likes

A modern day Western, in a sense. This film is high quality. Original Score by Nick Cave and Warren Ellis.

6 Likes

I enjoyed this one. :+1: Good recommendation.

3 Likes

@Plunderdrum that looks very good. Going to see if it’s on any of my streamers now…

3 Likes

Great movie. Watched it a while back and really enjoyed it.

4 Likes

Alight @Plunderdrum, @MisterSinner, and @TheTinMan, let’s see what’s what here …

https://www.netflix.com/title/80108616

5 Likes

For people who like political drama, this show is terrific. Everybody thought we just had the last episodes but rumours are they just signed up for a whole new season :star_struck:

3 Likes

OK I bit, ruined my bandwidth allotment and watched all 3 seasons, I agree was very entertaining and worth it.

2 Likes

Watched Fighting With My Family last night. I absolutely hate “pro” wrestling which is why it took me so long to get around to this one. However, even though I wouldn’t necessarily say this is a great movie, at the same time it was impossible for me to turn it off once started. This is not one I would watch over and over, probably just that once. But it definitely surprised me. I love Nick Frost, especially with Simon Pegg. Still, the odd pairing with Cersei just worked.

4 Likes

Yeah, I found The OA just wildly intriguing. Can’t wait to watch the newly posted 2nd season.

And thanks, guys! I somehow missed the new season of The 100 being up.

For any who’ve missed it, two seriously unique series, weirdly enough both featuring the mini Skarsgard.

Castle Rock, SOOO good. JJ Abrams and Steven King? Yes, please! Far as I’m aware, this is on Hulu only, Hulu original.

And Hemlock Grove… long over series, but if you missed it, run and catch! lol Brian McGreevy’s book by same name is a quick fantastic read.) Can still catch it on Netflix, I believe.

3 Likes

I ADORED Happy!!! Power watched the whole bizarre, random, slightly depraved-in-the-best-way first season on one dreary Sunday. So excited there’s a season 2! Thanks for heads up!

3 Likes