Must Have Capella Flavors

Ok, I decided to finally place an order for the Capella flavors needed for that damn Unicorn Milk recipe.

I’m wondering what other must-have flavors the gang here thinks should be in every mixer’s stash. I was going to ask you not to tell me about any of the stuff I would recommend, but since this is a community thread and there may be some readers who have never tried Capellas, I’ll just start by sharing my list and we can go from there. Here goes…

Vanilla Custard. I only have the version 2 of this for now. I do have what Capella refers to as simply Vanilla Custard sitting in my shopping cart. Not sure if that’s the original or not, but if so it is better and one of the best VC’s I’ve had.
Sweet Strawberry
Strawberries and Cream
Sweet Mango
Butter
Juicy Peach - maybe not a must have but you’ll definitely use it
Dragon Fruit - far more citrusy than TPA

I’ve not enjoyed any of the melon varieties with the exception of Honeydew - but I wouldn’t call that a must have. In fact I’ve tried to solicit help about them and gotten nowhere. I’ve not found a single recipe using any Capella melon flavors that I think is awesome except for Stolen Watermelon so any guidance here is appreciated.

So what else from Capellas would you highly recommend. I’ve got their Italian Lemon Sicily in my cart as well but haven’t hit the purchase button yet.

3 Likes

That is not a custard but a vanilla, there is a difference.
The yellow peach is also supposed to be very nice mixed with other peaches and personally I like the toasted almond quite a lot.

2 Likes

Apple pie is tasty, blueberry cinnamon crumble is nice but other blueberry flavours i find lacking. Harvest berry is nice for the fruity vapes, pineapple & green apple also good. Graham cracker is strong NYC cheesecake, peanut butter & waffle flavours are ok too. Lemon&lime really strong. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Sweet Cream is better than TPA. No sour note. My new go to.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the input. In addition to the flavors I didn’t have for the UM, I got the Toasted Almond, Golden Pineapple, Cake Batter and Sugar Cookie. I’ma be a mixing sweeties!

1 Like

V1 or V2? I have the V2 and all I taste is pie crust. It’s kinda sad on its own.

1 Like

@zigs I presume its v1 it doesnt say any other but i put green apple as well as natural essence of green apple and an apple pie just pops at you.

Dang it, I meant to get some cucumber. I keep hearing good things about that. Oh well, next time.

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, the V2 is just fine as a pie base. Mixed a bit of TFA strawberry/strawberry ripe and a few drops of FA Vienna cream into my single flavor tester because it was so damn boring, and got a delicious strawberry tart! :smile:

I just can’t taste why it isn’t called Pie Crust. Other people’s taste bud may disagree. shrug

1 Like

@zigz i guess its just down to what you prefer. Everyone’s different!

1 Like

The Harvest Berry is yummy. I still love my Cap VC v1… that Cake BAtter though…oh my goodness is it the bomb!
My other favs:
Sweet Strawberry
Butter
Golden Pineapple
Cup o Joe

I just got the new Whipped Cream, the Milk Choc Toffee, and the Cappuccino. So, can’t really tell you about those yet.

4 Likes

A flavor profile i have chased for 5years! Oh how i have pined for thee oh Apple jacks. Having used FW apple jacks as a base for V1-V12 of my apple jax recipe i was somewhat satisfied but it was just never spot on… Solution?

CAP APPLE SNACKS

I recently got this and mixed her up SF at 4% and at last! My SF test is a mere 2days old but wow this stuff is good. It is spot on to apple jacks i dont know how else to explain it. I get a light airy “grain” , the sugar coated “meringue” type effect and can even taste the little red “flecks” that are on the cereal. @fidalgo_vapes

A must have in my opinion

4 Likes

OMG It took cap awhile to jump on the cereal thing but it seems they got it right thaank goodness thank you as well ill order tmrw im super excited

3 Likes

Chocolate Glazed Doughnut
Glazed Doughnut
Cinnamon Danish Swirl
French Vanilla
Juicy Lemon
Milk Chocolate Toffee
Sugar Cookie
Super Sweet

3 Likes

I just ordered apple snacks yesterday, can’t comment on that just yet. But capella was never a brand I jumped too, while I got lots of their flavors I mostly used other brands because cap never gets anything tasting like the description or label lol

However I do love that silver line, I don’t know what it is with that line but call me impressed. My absolute favorite are the fruit circles, don’t know if you tried them. Its apparently difficult to get fruit loops and pepples right, but while its not perfect, best pebbles I’ve ever worked with.

Hope the AS is that amazing as well.

4 Likes

yes i have tried the silverline fruit circles and like to mix it with FW fruit rings the fruit circles is the reason i was excited to see them come out with apple snax

2 Likes

Ditto on Cinnamon Danish Swirl! It’s the start or a standalone of any good pastry vape! It’s in my top ten of all time.

3 Likes

How would you compare the butter to FA’s? And, of course, I’m gonna ask the same about the Whipped Cream as soon as you have an opinion. Just as I’m getting situated as a newb FA pulls 2 important flavors from the US market. I’m just in the shit cycle lately!

1 Like

I just got the French Vanilla and haven’t single tested it yet. I’m a vanilla freak and have been looking forward to this one. Hope it’s as good as some people say.

1 Like

I would love a good cucumber (and a reasonable price). How do you like it?

1 Like