Mutation X V4 flavor build

I was gifted this by a local vape shop manager for helping her clone her favorite juice. Anyone have tried and true flavor builds? I don’t exactly trust most reviewers. I have used two different sets of coils in this so far. One was SS chainlink coils with side airflow shut completely, which had okay flavor. The next set was 26g kanthal single strand at about 9 wraps. Airflow was set the same and flavor was worse.Thanks in advance

7 Likes

i had the first version… I always hand wrap my coils…
It’s a good dripper.

Try with your 26g wire, hand wrap 6 times, and stick it on… make sure your cotton is tight but can still move a bit and you will be fine…

4 Likes

Spaced or touching?

4 Likes

touching :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Jeez, you’re quick to reply! Thank you. And Merry Qmas, and Christmas!

4 Likes

haha I just happen to be on my laptop for a change.
Getting some word done on line :stuck_out_tongue:

Merry Christmas @Deerslayer!! :slight_smile: It’s going to be the best one so far!!!

4 Likes

What ID on those coils please!

3 Likes

Also consider spacing that build too. I’ve always found better flavor/cotton longevity when spacing. Not dismissing @anon84779643’s build, of course!! (I’d try 2.5 or 3.0 MM ID)…

5 Likes

I’m at 3.5 currently. I’ll try lowering it.

4 Likes

With the same # of wraps, wire gauge, metal, etc., resistance drops as the IM drops (physically using less wire), as you probably know. Just pointing it out. May not be too monumental but a consideration for your settings.

5 Likes

Anyone ever used it in single coil only?

4 Likes

Didn’t see this… I took a nap :stuck_out_tongue: haha!

but happy to see

I use a 2mm or a 3mm but most the time it is 3mm

and I am a single coil user… I use singles in all my doubles… :stuck_out_tongue:

altho I have yet to put a double on a single :smiley: ahha!!

5 Likes

Personally if you have 26g Kanthal, I’d do dual twisted 26g, 6-7 wraps each at 3-3.5mm inner diameter. Should have hearty-enough flavor for ya. Spaced coils might make it that much better!

4 Likes

I’ll have to look at that. Never used twisted before.

3 Likes

Twisting wire (especially 26g and thinner) is a great way to give yourself a more beefy coil without too much extra work. While building, you will get more hotspots with twisted coils but spacing the wraps will eliminate the bs with working out the hotspots. The twists also tend to hold more juice in the wire itself as opposed to just the wick, similar to more complex, multi-strand builds.

6 Likes

Makes sense. I’ll give those a shot as well. Can those be made with Nichrome 80? I like staying around .2 ohms and 65 watts.

2 Likes

Would this be the right gap above the airflow?

5 Likes

Until I fell back to lower power vaping, twisteds were my go-to. Not a major ‘loss’ of flavor compare to the Claptons and other such jewelry, and simple as heck to build. I just took a long strand of wire, doubled it over, and twisted it until it was nice and tight. Presto-build-o.

6 Likes

You gona make me pull my drill out :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Oops. I did it by hand. Into the drill it goes.

4 Likes