Muted By the Surgeon General on Twitter

That one ticked me off in ways I can’t even begin to explain Session. It’s like we’re turning to communism… just sickening. And yeah sorry I tweet A LOT

5 Likes

I’ve been asked to set up a meeting with a state rep here and I’m nervous as all get out but I hope I can make a difference in my little neck of the woods. He wants to sit down and talk to me about vaping.

10 Likes

Should probably note that I deal with anxiety so should be a very interesting situation LOL

5 Likes

He’s like a kid that plugs his ears and says “La La La I can’t hear you!”
bho9Oen

7 Likes

Nah, just your typical Free Market setup as they’ve envisioned it from the start. Free Market for established players, who will be protected from innovation from other businesses by any means possible.

Ask any country who’s not a part of the Neo-Liberal scam how free their market is.

7 Likes

It would be a rarely used badge, and the badge graphics are pretty low res, but I made this :smiley:

24 Likes

Fantastic!!! Banned by the Surgeon General!!!

@authormichellehughes Should be proud!! But I bet you are!!

That is a thing that today made me laugh!

But they’re often repeated fallacies… :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

5 Likes

LOL love it … If you’re going to be banned might as well have some fun with it.

5 Likes

Well done and good luck!

6 Likes

This would be a great name for a superb recipe (that is selling everywhere). :rofl:

6 Likes

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/3345909/TOC%27S+Muted+By+The+Surgeon+General# lol

8 Likes

Probably should note I’ve never actually TRIED that recipe LOL

5 Likes

I had to give her the title, I couldn’t resist. Wear it proudly! :smiley:

8 Likes

It’s nice to be awarded something LOL thanks

5 Likes

@authormichellehughes I’ve thought about it, and now I actually require an acceptance speech, also don’t hold back the tears.

No, I’m joking obviously. It’s funny, and sad at the same time. You were obviously being very cordial, like you always are to everyone, and that got shot down and you were hushed. I could have guessed someone using profanity and being condescending would be muted, but I don’t quite understand it happening to you of all people. That still bothers me.

5 Likes

Best thing about being muted is he can’t see anything you post but everyone else can, at the same time you can still see anything he posts.

6 Likes

She was very polite considering the guy’s trying to kill people.

7 Likes

That’s what I don’t understand, I’m sure he’s getting spammed with similar stuff, but her? Not necessary.

4 Likes

S.G. Adams is a brainless (morally as well as financially potentially “conflicted”) Administration Sycophant:

Remember that his PR “saxophone” is a lot bigger. All that he needs is just enough suckers to skate by. :thinking:

The “TwitTar World” - where it seems that all ideas (good as well as bad) go to die - at times reminds me all too much of the specious and discouraging socio-political hell-scapes described by author George Orwell:

A tragic situation exists precisely when virtue does not triumph but when it is still felt that man is nobler than the forces which destroy him. We of the sinking middle class may sink without further struggles into the working class where we belong, and probably when we get there it will not be so dreadful as we feared, for, after all, we have nothing to lose. One of the effects of a safe and civilized life is an immense oversensitiveness which makes all the primary emotions somewhat disgusting. Generosity is as painful as meanness, gratitude as hateful as ingratitude. Progress and reaction have turned out to be swindles. Seemingly, there is nothing left but quietism - robbing reality of its terrors by simply submitting to it.

If thought corrupts language, language can also corrupt thought. Political language… is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind. Political chaos is connected with the decay of language… one can probably bring about some improvement by starting at the verbal end. Nationalism is power hunger tempered by self-deception. Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past. The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.

5 Likes

My motto is you either laugh or cry over things like this, and I have to laugh over the Surgeon General. My tears are because of this. I went into my local vape shop today and he told me sales are down 45% and he had to fire his employees and only he and his family are working his shop. He thought he was going to have to shut down one of his stores. I’ve told him I’d volunteer at the shop anytime he needed help because this breaks my heart more than you know. This is the store that got me off cigarettes.

7 Likes