My argument with battery mooch

I genuinely want to know your opinion with this small argument with mooch,
I really look mooch and his contributions have been valuable but recently i feel like he has been trying to take advantage of the ignorance of others to fuel his own agenda for his retirement plan.

Please let me know how you feel here I do not hate mooch at all and watched alot of his youtube videos

1 Like

he is basically locking out anyone who does not support his patreon for 2$ a month
he is already making like 700$ a month for his testing and this paywall is for battery chargers whicch have already been tested and published.

If it is right he does this than is it ok if I publish the results and quit his patreon after a month since there is nothing here that has not already been tested and publicly published from 3rd parties?

1 Like

How so? He is still regularly testing batteries and mechs for the community at large. Has he said he wonā€™t be sharing the test results on chargers? Does he mention heā€™s putting all other testing on hold for this?

2 Likes

so re-edited

1 Like

As much as Mooch has done on his own dime for years now who are we to question what he chooses to do now anyway? He could stop it all tomorrow and my gratitude or respect for him wouldnā€™t change one bit.

7 Likes

testing the batteries is not complicated if you had read my posts I do appreciate moochā€™s contributions but this recent battery charger lockout is absurd I do not even care about the results since i do no not use one but to convince peoiple he is the only one capable of such a task is ignorant I know alot more about battery testing than you might think all he needs to do is put batteries in a charger or drain the batteries to test and make a quick write up if everyone paid his patreon he would be getting 350, 000$ a month for something nearly anyone can do! This is not surgery cmon

1 Like

we all do letitia imagine if every person capable ask for patron support on this forum it would be absurd and unmanageable

1 Like

Anyone can ask for patreon support and whatā€™s wrong with offering the patreonā€™s some special attention out of gratitude? What Mooch chooses do either way is up to him period. He worked for the vaping community of his own accord, he has more than earned the right to continue in whatever fashion he chooses without judgement from any of us.

5 Likes

my point is that yes anyone can ask and just imagine if everyone here asked for patreon support or everywhere you went. would you want to come onto this forum??
that aside his asking for money is asinine the testin g has already been done and he already getting over 700$ a month from patreons when is it enough to stop asking?

1 Like

the testing for chargers have been done by 3rd parties he is not the saint nor the only one capable of testing and all the results are publicly published. If it is ok to ask for money for this then it is ok for me to pay for his patreon a month and then post his results publcly there is nothing here that has n0ot already been publishable

1 Like

He came out and stated that he wanted to do this as a profession a long time ago. Reviewers offer give aways and perks like insider news yada yada in return for patreon support. I personally have no problem with his approach as he is offering something unique. It will be interesting to see if he can parlay this into a profession or no. I sure wouldnā€™t want to live on $700 a month.

6 Likes

700 a month is what he is making now from simple battery testing from patreons he would be potentially be making 350K a month if everyone agreed.

itā€™s not supposed to be a replacement for his day job there are not enough batteries in the world for that

Edited out that his equipment was paid for by patreons this was not accurate only the chargers were I believe. he pays for his own equipment.

1 Like

lol, you pretty much defined where you and he are in disagreement. He fully intends to make it a replacement for his day job.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll bite. I have no problem with him placing his work behind a pay wall. Look at the sites that use his name now stating mooch approved.

On the other hand people donā€™t piss and moan too much with general vape YouTube reviewers placing stuff behind a patreon paywall.

If you want the full service pay for it or turn to the forums. The info will make its way.

4 Likes

It is up to people themselves if they wish to support him, and considering the time and effort he have been putting into everything through time, i think he deserve to get something out of it. Yes, the equipment is already paid for, and as you stated yourself, by him. Fine if you dont want to support him, but i disagree with your approach here.

You or anyone else is NOT entitled in him doing the work for free.

5 Likes

I have been a ā€˜flashaholicā€™ for many years so would reccomend

https://lygte-info.dk/info/indexBatteriesAndChargers%20UK.html

The site is a bear to navigate but all the technical info is there, testing done on state of the art equipment by a professional engineer

And also try
http://budgetlightforum.com/forum/batteries/rechargeable/reviews

6 Likes

Have to agree. I found that site a few years ago and was completely impressed.

What it lacks for the average person, is a laymanā€™s translation of what the data captures represent. Which is something Mooch typically handles with ease. :wink:

4 Likes

Hereā€™s my thought about profiting off the vape industry ā€¦ Why Not ??? If someone can get theirs why not ??? Mooch spent a lot of time doimg things for freeā€¦ If he wants to make certain things private unlrss someone pays it alright to me . This industry is a business and someone is gonna make money off what he does or make money doing the same things so why not him ??? I havent read any posts except your initial one and I havent reaf your link to reddit ā€¦

5 Likes

I think that you are 100% wrong and out of order for saying that he is taking advantage of anyone.
His contribution to the vaping community and their safety is immense, he did it for years without Patreon or any form of payment.
Patreon is voluntary, people donate, yes I said donate, if they choose to. Most vape reviewers on YT have Patreon accounts now, some earn a lot of money from Patreon. I donā€™t donate to any of them, but I do donate to Mooch and have since he opened his Patreon.
If you donā€™t want to donate, then donā€™t!
But to say he is taking advantage of people for his retirement plan is way out of order IMO, not to mention that itā€™s absolutely none of your business how much he earns from Patreon or anywhere else.
Mooch is one of nicest, most honest, and genuine people that this community is blessed with. He answers questions from 100ā€™s of vapers every day, I know thatā€™s true as he answered me on his FB page a couple of times the same day I asked him a question.
If you want to be part of the ā€œvape policeā€, you can find so many other people who deserve criticism, Mooch does not deserve it!

8 Likes

When he feels its enoughā€¦

That would be great and I would be happy for himā€¦

Thats what he is hoping for ā€¦ I remember him putting a video out about it , check it out its on you tube ā€¦

5 Likes