My argument with battery mooch

I disagree with that generalization - but if you believe so, why would you desire The Mooch’s assistance ?

(At 10 Amp and 15 Amp continuous discharge current loads), which battery provides higher Watt-Hours (equal to the integral of power over time) - the Samsung 3000 mAh 30Q, or the Samsung 2500 mAh 25R ?

3 Likes

Anyone can cook a meal, but we willingly pay people to do it for us. We pay for lots of things that we could do ourselves.

Mooch has contributed a lot to the community. If you think about it, the vaping community is no different than the larger society. Only a very small number of people will push forward the progress while the remainder of us reap the rewards of their hard work. To begrudge someone who makes money from their talents, skills and work is thoughtless and petty.

Just as no one makes anyone pay $8 for a coffee, no one is making anyone pay Mooch. What he decides to do with the results of his labor is his business. Imo, just the general awareness he has brought to the community about batteries is priceless because I don’t see anyone else doing what he does.

6 Likes

@warkwarth
Here is Mooch’s first post on ECF. Read closely the last sentence in his first post. Check out the date of his first post (I’ll help out there with a little red mark up).

Now… spend the next 3 or so months reading every post he created and answered. Don’t forget his blog posts and answers. Then, ask yourself… “Does this dude deserve some cash donations/love for the service he provides to the vaping community?”

I think anyone would undoubtedly say, Yes! :facepunch:

Here ya go:

6 Likes

700.00 is chump change too. a month? That is less than 1 single paycheck per month. Why do people decide they need to get paid for helping? Because working in your particular category in vaping…

mixing
testing
creating
building

and so on… his case, it is batteries… almost 8 and sometimes 14 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year… doing an unpaid job, for people with complaints on tipping someone for appreciate, gets damn old. Others come out and do their own versions… and the potential “cuts” from others heading over to someone else… that money is cut even further… It actually is a joke to think of how many profit so little, and yet they still keep giving back to the community while others “grumble” about someone making tips.

Fair? to put hours and hours of time in helping… he is lucky for that 700 a month. That he is well known in the community to have that kind of support… until yet 10 more “Mooches” come out and start asking for money… He better get it while he can… Nothing is guaranteed to last… Not even a bottle of juice.

Bad of me to say this… but after years and years… yeah… better to keep an eye on California wanting to ban ecig flavors that this… Us as a community should be sticking together… as with everything… even the good days have their limited number.

4 Likes

That is like someone coming to a paid recipe site, gaining access to all the recipes that they are charging for and then releasing them for free…

Why destroy someone else’s chances of making a small amount of money? Do you really think this, @warkwarth?? You think that is a nice thing to do to someone else, all because someone is making money using a skill they have? Would you like it if someone cut you off from making a living?

I can not believe that post.

Hot damn. Im off for coffee… that makes me sad to think you’d really do that.

5 Likes

woaaah this was purely hypothetical and I came here for your opinions because I haven’t taken an official stance on it.
Mooch does deserve compensation im not going to mess with that or publicly release his charger reviews or anything.
I want mooch to be supported I only thought it was a bit much for simple battery charger tests that are already paid and already tested and ask for money for the results that are already public knowledge I was not the only one scratching my head here.

But I can see it more as if you want to support me kind of thing and it its not up to me to decide

1 Like

@warkwarth Just why is it you think that Mooch owes you anything for nothing?

You should be very grateful for what he has given you for free for so long because I don’t see anyone else from the 7 billion people on this planet doing it, even though it is such a ridiculously easy thing to do (according to you anyways).

2 Likes

I don’t I was only pondering about the ethics of a paywall for things that are already public knowledge.
I am not arguing here people can decide if they want to support him or not.

1 Like

Well these were posted above I am not going to argue anymore like I said I want mooch to be supported that’s not at all what this is about and I feel like kind of an ass I wasn’t trying to hate on him or be ungrateful

http://budgetlightforum.com/forum/batteries/rechargeable/reviews
https://lygte-info.dk/info/indexBatteriesAndChargers%20UK.html

1 Like

Man, that is really some fancy highfalutin BS. An “official stance”. Running for “County Dog Catcher” ? Why not instead creatively refer to the elected office title as one of, “Canine Relocation Camp Coordinator”. :stuck_out_tongue:

(At 10 Amp and 15 Amp continuous discharge current loads), which battery provides higher Watt-Hours (equal to the integral of power over time) - the Samsung 3000 mAh 30Q, or the Samsung 2500 mAh 25R ?

Model --------------------------- Discharge Current (Amperes) ------------------ Watt-Hour Capacity —
25R ------------------------------------------ 10 Amps ---------------------------------------- 7.78 --------------
30Q ------------------------------------------ 10 Amps ---------------------------------------- 7.50 --------------
25R ------------------------------------------ 15 Amps ---------------------------------------- 7.02 --------------
30Q ------------------------------------------ 15 Amps ---------------------------------------- 6.30 --------------

Source: The Mooch

2 Likes

Actually, you posted here and expressed your opinions…

You have stated a lot…

Now you are saying you only want our opinions, yet when handed those… you back pedal…

Im really sad over this whole threaded post.

This is why we can not have nice things. I thought on charging per recipe… but it will only take one of you… among the other hidden screw anyone wanting a thank you for hard work… and that is why I do not charge… I spend my time, sharing recipes and info… and come across this… yeah buddy makes me want to hurry up and work harder so you can have nice things from time taken out of my day for other things that make me happy… yeah I am taking this personal… but it wont be the first time and damn sure wont be the last… hell you make me want to go give Mooch another 2 bucks…

That is how a lot of HIC’s paid recipes went public too… kudos for those asses…

2 Likes

IDK I feel sometimes opinions need to be expressed entirely it can look like it was a statement but it was only my opinion at the time I have been convinced otherwise now.

There is no justifying my behavior here though.
I was being extremely conceited and I really apologize for how I came across in the thread as well I will give my own 2$ to the man because he does deserve it.

I NEVER said I would post his work publicly that was a hypothetical question
on the ethics of paywalls. it’s one thing to disagree with someone but I would never actively try destroy his livelyhood.

6 Likes

I didn’t back pedal I said at there very start I want your opinions…

1 Like

Really?? so if I put a simple ? it isn’t that I am intentionally thinking, or wanting to go to anything, but just a question to make one think I am asking if it is ok or not okay?

this is not right. not even to “ponder” if it is right. If you do not want to give him your hard earned 2 bucks, then do not. but even a month omg I will wait a month to release… to me… that is soo wrong.

anyways… Im off to do non vaping things… back pedal all you want… :slight_smile: It’s all here for you to deny.

2 Likes

Yes exactly. the ? makes it a question and until the action has been done its nothing more or less. It was an ethical question is it right to …etc
how is it not ok to even ponder and ask for opinions on the matter?
I am not nor do I need to deny anything I made this thread knowing I would get alot of animosity I wanted a different perspective.
And your right it’s that simple if I want to support I will, and if I don’t want I won’t
I admitted I was being completely conceited I don’t feel the need to backpedal or deny anything it’s all up there in plain english

2 Likes

Probably because in the above quoted post you just did (backpedal) ?

Perhaps consider trying a thread title of “My Purely Hypothetical Tentative Argument with Battery Mooch ?”

3 Likes

I do not understand what you’re trying to get at… Why are you getting upset and arguing with people over what they want to spend their money on?

If the knowledge is public, surely you don’t have to spend your own money on it. If you’re so knowledgeable in testing batteries, chargers, etc, you won’t have to spend your money on it. It’s totally your own choice.
We live in a free world, everyone can decide for themselves what they spend their money on and it has nothing to do with ethics.

You suggesting, questioning or even just thinking about publicly posting intellectual property, that is a much bigger ethical issue IMHO.

4 Likes

Good grief. Must be that silly season when we’re starved for new threads.

What exactly are we after here? a 20-page retraction taking full responsiblity for every dot and comma? and a bit more grovelling, please?

This is just a guy who posted an ungenerous point-of-view , then swiftly regretted it, not Jack the Ripper :rofl:
I’ll happily settle for

That takes balls IMO. And no big surprise if he’s clean out of balls now, and coming over all defensive, is it?

8 Likes

Naw… just yet another one wanting to complain on someone else getting funds for their hard work, not thinking it isn’t deserved, and posting if it is alright to share their paid content after a month, cuz no he has no intention of re-posting the content… just to see if its all right, okdokey with everyone here… knowing the content is already public and just a way to say thank you for the help… yeah… really?

Then comes the oooh I just wanted to see what others thought… ie: back peddling.

Then you excuse for back peddling… saying he has dropped his balls… well crap… hope he isn’t a bball player… back to my bone carving… wonder if anyone wants to re-post another how to for free… don’t hit me up… I ain’t got no balls to start with, unless you count the ones on my chest! :stuck_out_tongue:

I think Mooch handled it very well over on reddit too… took his time to explain with no one else other than our OP jumping in there… yet the topic was dragged here… so I guess you are right… lack of new threads… maybe it was heat (rash) who knows… but the hat of ethics should be passed around often.

and Im not counting commas or periods… <there’s a few extra so if anyone needs some, spread those around… instead of someone’s hard work. :slight_smile: so I hope something was learned today… if you all played nicer, perhaps the community could have even better things… but then someone will want to be paid and the circle jerk will continue… yet again… this one won’t be the last :wink:

yeah Im the one that does not care if I am made out to be the bad girl here… someone has to be the it girl… and if I can help anyone out in knowing its right or wrong… if I have the time, yeps I will jump on and say it. hate me or love me… until my last post. I still pay my bills and sleep in my own house I own. I don’t ask others to pay my bills… and when I do get a tip or gain new friends… I do appreciate each one. Im still on vacation, and when I am back the giveaways will continue. I will be back! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

@warkwarth…It seems to me after skimming through the thread here that, although you have a right to your opinion and a right to voice it publicly, you’ll probably end up being the underdog in this crusade.

Maybe your energy could be better spent on something else. A different crusade…like helping with flavor name corrections. We could be underdogs together!! :smiley:

13 Likes