My argument with battery mooch

Yea I expected to be the underdog here I didn’t make this thread to convince you all that mooch doesn’t deserve it I made it to be convinced by you that he does I voiced my opinion and spent most of the time reading your opinions I don’t regret making the post but I do regret HOW I expressed myself within it. Everything said here has been pretty fair all things considered all though I don’t understand this whole “backpedaling” thing probably my fault for doing a shit job at communicating though.

5 Likes

Paywalls aside, I know what Mooch has given to the community, and who knows how many people were saved from blowing themselves up because of his 411. I say let him do what he’s doing, and let’s see where the chips fall. Let the market, or the public decide.

7 Likes

@warkwarth I think I got lost in the midst of all the posts. You’re free to feel like NOT paywalling Mooch if you see fit, and I don’t think anyone here will or would slam you for that. Free will and all that. Everyone’s free to choose. Some may NOT choose to support him, and others may support him. Even though I support Mooch, the original post was still good. Got everyone talking and thinking.

5 Likes

@TorturedZen +1

6 Likes

This just makes me wonder, what if all those who volunteer their time stopped or demanded to be paid for VOLUNTEERING at some point.
I suppose I better not suffer from cardiac arrest because how dare I hope that my fellow man may be able to administer CPR … that is unless I can give them a credit card #…
What starts out as trying to prevent someone from blowing half their face off suddenly turns into a retirement plan?
The worship of money is not surprising, how many people accept that without a second thought is.

4 Likes

I guess don’t pay that ambulance bill when it rolls in from that cpr… what ever!

Burn out, loss wages, constant purchases of chargers, batteries mods gets pretty expensive after a while… people expect you to do that over and over, not thinking you might just need funds because it eats into your life… then people threatening to release results… like again HIC’s recipes… no wonder HIC disappeared… I guess you guys want mooch to poof too…

hmm maybe I should try this at the Harley shop… that will surely get me a bike for free… or a boot up my tail as they kick me out the shop.

Nothing in life is free… better get used to it and learn how to say thank you… better be glad he has helped and continues to help others out.

This is a rather greedy post/thread… something for nothing and your men are free! yeah buddy…
go vape that one out. :slight_smile: haha!!

5 Likes

Apparently when you do volunteers work once, you’re supposed to continue for the rest of your life or people can throw shit at you… neverminding all the rest that don’t do shit and only want shit for free. They’re all OK but not the guy who helped you out for free.

All these people who are complaining are probably the ones who’ve never done a thing for free in their whole lives.

I’d really like to see you retire in NY on $700 a month having to pay for equipment to support your retirement plan that far exceeds the returns.

5 Likes

Much ado about nothing.

5 Likes

Indeed @Letitia, thank you.

Mooch

All charger testing will be made public

I originally wanted to offer my incredible patrons something for their support, as I don’t have the classic rewards that are part of what many Patreon creators offer, so charger testing was going to be just for them. They paid for the chargers and supported me so I could test the chargers full time so this seemed a fair thing to do.

But in doing that I lost sight of something very important. I started testing over four years ago because I wanted to share my results with the community and help them learn about the batteries and devices they use. So I have changed my mind and all charger testing will eventually be made public.

Anyone who became a patron to see the charger test results will have their contribution for the month refunded. Please contact me via PM.

I test chargers in batches of 3-5 models (two of each). After each batch is done I will wait 30 days and then all the test reports on my Patreon page for that batch will be set to public access. My patrons will continue to be able to see each test report as soon as I finish testing each charger. This is a benefit of being a patron of mine. ANY SAFETY ISSUES ENCOUNTERED WILL BE POSTED ABOUT IMMEDIATELY THOUGH.

Let me repeat that: ANY SAFETY ISSUES WILL BE POSTED ABOUT IMMEDIATELY.

I will post on FB, IG, ECR, TasteYourJuice.com, and ECF when a batch goes public and list which chargers were tested along with the link to my Patreon page (where the publicly accessible reports will be).

The first batch goes public on July 9th. It includes…

• MiBoxer C4-12 (yes, I know there are newer models)
  • Efest LUC V4
  • Efest LUC V6
  • Nitecore New i4 Intellicharger
  • Nitecore D4 Digicharger
  • Dragon VP4 Plus
4 Likes

Your right it was a greedy thread that shouldn’t have been or at least completely differently you guys have already persuaded my I was wrong

I never intended nor will I release anything he does for his patreons or otherwise publicly, I wasn’t threatening to It was only an ethics question about having a paywall for information that has already been released like re-inventing the wheel and having a paywall for it just seemed low effort to me. It was not about whether he deserves anything at all for the battery testing. I always felt he did.
I understand now that this was requested by his patreons and has nothing to with me.

2 Likes

wow I did not see this facebook post… I was wrong… very wrong.
Yea just saw this post on reddit just now like I said i was not the only person scratching my head at the paywell “I also want to thank those who publicly railed against it”

Now after this thread I don’t feel he needed to change anything but he did anyway.
Now I’m at a loss for words.

7 Likes

Does this mean we won’t be “Underdog Brothers”?
(big sigh) :anguished:

5 Likes

I have just flagged this thread for attention by the mods, and asked them to close it, because I’m sure we could all do without some silly bugger reacting to the first post w/o reading the rest, thus pointlessly re-starting the whole kerfuffle.

Supposing they’ll probably agree, I better get in here fast with adding my thanks to Mooch’s thanks to the OP (and others who played “” Devil’s advocate"in this debate) for helping to clear the air (as it turns out) on this contentious issue. Better out than in, eh? It’s really nice to see such a strong resolution emerging :smile:

5 Likes

Probably for the best if @warkwarth wants it opened again LMK and I will flip the switch.

6 Likes