My juice seems a bit harsh. help?

im really new to mixing and my juice is decent but seem a bit harsh im using TPA flavors am i doing something wrong?

for an example

3mg nic
30/70 pg/vg
10% berry mix (TPA)
2% koolada (TPA)

liquid barn vg and pg and liquid barn usa nic 48 mg pg base

shake an vape

real simple mix i thought it would be just fine… but i dont know just seems a bit harsh

1 Like

I think the first choice is to max the vg and see where its at, i’d also consider making the koolada 1% and the flavor 9%, that would let you get to 20/80. The real trick would be to get either some really strong pg nic solution (100mg/ml) or get vg nic solution to push the pg down.

3 Likes

thanks man i will try that! i have realized i did make the mistake of ordering my nic should of went with 100mg vg

2 Likes

This is definitely one of the more common things people seem to say when they’re new. Here are a few tips:

• PG is harsher than VG. In general PG = Throat Hit and VG = Vapor
  • Nicotine needs to be shaken or it can get hot spots, leading to your finished liquid being higher nic than you intended, and therefore harsh.
  • Juice typically needs to steep. Shake and vape juices are much more likely to be harsh than those that have had time to age and the flavor mellow a bit.
  • 2% koolada is pretty intense. The average for koolada in mixes is 1%.
  • Things like Pyure, Ethyl Maltol/Cotton Candy (they’re the same thing), MTS Vape Wizard, and Smooth can all help round out harsh edges. All but the Pyure should be used sparingly and as a last resort.

Here’s some threads with more info:

10 Likes

Give it a day or two and keep testing. Some of the harshness may go away after a day or so.

As for koolada. That’s a “everybody” is different. Personally, because it sticks way out I like using is at 1-2 little butty drops per 15ml. But that’s just me.

But anyways, if your juice doesn’t settle down after a few days you could just add a cream. My persoanlly fav that should really affect the flavor would be 0.25-0.75 fresh cream FA if you got it.

2 Likes

thank you!

1 Like

Add 4% Distilled Water.

2 Likes

In addition to the great info above, and just for quick reference:

You may want to see if your flavor has alcohol in it. This can sometimes lend “SnV’s” to “seem a bit harsh” since the alcohol hasn’t been properly aired out yet.

IMO, in order to be a “true SnV” there shouldn’t be any alcohol in the flavor choice(s).

But, there’s a wide berth in what folks consider to be a SnV. Some consider it to be anything that doesn’t take a week (or more) to ‘cure’/steep. (So 12-24hrs+/- is a “good to go” SnV to them)

Others consider it more literally (like I generally tend to do) where SnV means that, the instant you shake it, you can vape it with no ‘negative’ effects (ie: peppery, harsh, etc). All depends on perspective I guess. :wink:

3 Likes

@JoJo Tell em what I do. PG =Palate (throat, taste) VG = Vapor Clouds…

1 Like

It would be extremely useful if you posted your actual recipe from the calculator here on ELR.

10% on berry mix seems a little high imo and i like koolada at 1%

Try this:
http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/807335/DrizzleDrops+-+Berry+Breeze

1 Like

ok thanks i will try this later tonight…i did end up ordering vg based nic but it will take about a week to get here

i dont know if this sounds crazy but i got a new mod the “vapor shark dna 40” and my mixes do not seems any where near as harsh. i was using the kanger tech nano before…this mod seems to be a lot better so far… by the way thanks for all the help everyone!

1 Like

i think i was getting a lot of spit back because my other mod acted weird with my tank and had to loosing it to get it to work… not a problem with this new mod.

2 Likes