My Jungle Frost ejuice is making balls

so, i make an ejuice with Inawera’s Junge Frost flavoring. i make it for my Smok Nord2 pod at 28% with 40/60 pg/vg and 12% nic salt. yeah, i know, that’s a ridiculously high percentage but i make all my pod juices at very high percentages. otherwise, i barely taste any flavor. anyway, my juice will always have a very thing layer at the top that, no matter how much i shake, never dissolves. instead, you’ll see little globs floating throughout. even at low percentages like 10%, so it’s not because of the high percentages i use now. but the weird thing is that, occasionally, when i vape, i will suck out a hard ball or two from the mouth piece. the balls are very hard, like glass or plastic. they don’t crack when i try to bite down on them. what’s going on? pic 1 are the globs after shaking and pic 2 are two of the balls that come out of the mouthpiece ![IMG_5750|375x500]

(upload://wjRMiwoGwmKp5bznIOTfaKtQbSx.jpeg)

5 Likes

@willie6 well THAT is disturbing. I think you should figure out what is causing those “balls” as it might not be entirely safe. I zoomed in, and I personally wouldn’t vape anything with balls in it.

Just so I’m clear, you are ONLY using Salts, PG/VG and that single flavor ?

3 Likes

that is truly Bazar . i would try crushing one just to see what it does. i take it none of the ingredients had these in them ?

3 Likes

Do you always use the same batches PG, VG, JF, and nic? If so you probably have a contaminant in one (or more) of them. If not, you may want to revisit your bottles, mixing and cleaning protocols and equipment, etc. because globs and hard balls are definitely something you don’t want to see in your juice. I wouldn’t take another lung full of that stuff until you figure this out.

5 Likes

yes, that is all. just those four ingredients.

3 Likes

well, that’s the thing. they are so hard they won’t crush! but, next time, i can try to, i don’t know, hammer them or something, lol.

4 Likes

I can’t tell you what to do, but I would be concerned about that, and working hard to eliminate one ingredient (or equipment) at a time, until I figured it out.

3 Likes

You could try and eliminate the flavor first, make an identical mix, with a different flavor and see. If it presents again, rinse and repeat. Is the flavor red/redish, as the balls look red.

2 Likes

You said there was a layer on top when mixing that up that could NOT be mixed in. Oil ?? I can’t make out in your first pic, but are the “balls” there in a FRESH mix ?

2 Likes

no, the only thing that hasn’t changed is the batch of nic. however, i have used different batches of the same big batch of nic. however, i also use that nic for all of my other recipes and i don’t get those balls. it seems to me that it is peculiar to Jungle Frost, even different batches from it, i’ve purchased three different bottles at different times. i’ve been having this issue for a couple of years, at least. only now did it suddenly occur to me to ask. lol. like, all this time, i would just go, huhh, that’s weird and then forget about. lord, help me. lol.

4 Likes

@willie6, the closer I look, those globs do look almost like an oil.

Now I’m hoping that is NOT the case, as vaping anything oil, is NOT good.

6 Likes

Just so I’m clear, you mix up OTHER recipes/flavors with NO issues, right ?

3 Likes

i do see what looks like glass balls in there. take that flavor(not the juice, the flavor) and put some on a plate.

3 Likes

We’re only going to be able to go so far over the internet with our suggestions, of course, without anything being actually tested to see what those ‘things’ are. I don’t know that flavor but maybe as a test you could use a batch with much lower JF percentages to see if you still get the little creatures in there? Maybe it’s just high concentrates of sweeteners in the bottle that crystallize when heated and get rock solid.

2 Likes

yes, it’s a very thin layer on top. the little globs in the pic are in a fresh mix. i had made it the day before. but, the thing is, i can have a mix for a week or two and it will never fully homogenize. the globs in the mix are there only after i shake the bottle. i had tried to upload a picture but it wouldn’t take. let me see if i can upload it to this message.

5 Likes

it’s an orange-yellow colored flavor. like many other flavors. not very unusual or unique.

5 Likes

are you using bran new bottles ?

4 Likes

yes, they do act like an oil. they are liquid.

5 Likes

yes, i used the same vg, pg, nic for all other flavors. and i have no issues such as i do with this Jungle Frost. but, i’ve also used different Jungle Frosts that I’ve purchased throughout the past couple of years. so, i think it’s something about the Jungle Frost.

4 Likes

5 Likes