My Jungle Frost ejuice is making balls

in the beginning, i used lower percentages and still had the same effect. although, heated sweetener does seem like a good explanation. this is the only pre-made flavor that i use. all my other flavors are single flavors. well, i’m assuming that Jungle Frost is a mixed recipe and not just a single flavor being given a commercial name.

4 Likes

Well, we’ll have to wait for our chemists to chime in, but anything oil would NOT be good to vape, or even if you SUSPECT it, you shouldn’t vape it. I realize you’ve been using that for years, but safety first.

If you fresh mix up your mix, do the hard balls form right away, or does it take time ? Can you pour out a fresh mix, and see the hard balls in it immediately ?

3 Likes

in the past, it was always the same bottle. but in the picture, that is a new bottle.

4 Likes

it doesn’t happen immediately. well, maybe it does but i haven’t noticed anything unusual when i first make a mix. it’ll do the usual swirly thing as the ingredients mix. but i will notice the floating layer by the next day. the hard balls are not in the mix. the globs only form when i shake the bottle to disperse the floating layer. and then they will slowly rise and rise into a floating layer. the balls show up in my mouth when i suck in the vapor. suddenly one or two balls will shoot into my mouth. but only occasionally, not every time i vape.

4 Likes

I meant even lower, in the mean range of 3% or less as ELR data shows. Just wondering if the super high % is a factor. I know it won’t be one you vape, but as a test maybe something to try to see if the globbies still happen.

3 Likes

are you having 2 problems here ? i am seeing oily and the beads. one and the same ?

3 Likes

Linalool is a terpene chief constituent of linaloe oil,also found in oils of Ceylon cinnamon, sassafras,orange flower, bergamot, Artemisia balchanorum, ylang-ylang. This frequently used scented substance is a sensitizer by the way of primary or secondary oxida-tion products. As a fragrance allergen, linalool has to be mentioned by name in cosmetics within the EU

2 Likes

yes, oily and beads. two different things.

3 Likes

i’ll have to try that. i’ll make a batch today and report back tomorrow.

4 Likes

oily = mix a batch with everything but that flavor.

beads. they look to big to pass through the bottle nozzle, i could be wrong.
i would look at your wicking, it may be contaminated.

3 Likes

If it’s NOT the flavor then yes, something’s off, and I’d NOT want to vape it until I figured out what was what. Just my .02.

2 Likes

i tried it with the globs floating around but couldn’t see a difference. i’ll wait until it eventually forms a layer and then try that.

2 Likes

@willie6 sorry for the repeat questions, but the “balls”, do they form right away in a fresh mix ? I’m trying to square this, as I wouldn’t want you vaping something that is attacking/leeching your bottles.

2 Likes

oh, yes, they absolutely would not pass through the bottle nozzle. but they don’t form in the bottle. in the bottle they are liquid globs. and they also would not pass through the wick, otherwise my wick would be destroyed. i think they form outside of the wick, in the barrel of the coil and then pop into my mouth when i inhale.

2 Likes

i’ll probably finish my current bottle. but, you’re right, i won’t make another batch. it’s a yummy flavor but i can make all sorts of other yummy flavors anyway.

2 Likes

Well look, I’m not trying to break your vaping style, but you asked for help, and I am concerned about both the oily looking substance, and the “balls”. Some flavors (and nicotine) can sometimes break down plastic bottles, leech elements IN to your juice, which, hehe, I’d like to make sure ISN’T happening.

My thoughts resolve around WHEN these balls are occurring, fresh mixed, or after sitting for awhile. Are there any OTHER variables, you can change ? Do you have any glass bottles, you could try, just to see.

2 Likes

no, no problem at all. this is a very strange mystery and i was expecting lots of questions! no, they do not form right away. the mix will behave like a normal recipe with all the swirls. i will rock/shake the bottle to get all the swirls to fully mix, what happens is that it becomes a cloudy mix. by the next day it becomes clear with a thin layer on top. it is that layer that becomes globs when i shake the bottle. and then the globs will slowly rise over several hours and coalesce into a floating layer.

5 Likes

Agreed on that.

5 Likes

does your wife have a life insurance policy on you ?

9 Likes

@SessionDrummer it’s okay, i don’t mind not vaping this flavor again. it won’t make or break my life to not vape it anymore. but it sure as heck is a mystery and would be interesting to find out what’s going on. i can try making a batch in glass to see what happens. i know i made a single flavor batch with a lemon flavoring from Flavorah which cracked both my bottle and my pod. never made that one again!

3 Likes