My mod is on its way out

Can anyone rate a good mod my Tesla smok Vaporesso all on there way out time for a new one many thanks hope people can help

4 Likes

What are you looking for in a mod?
Lightweight? Battery longevity? Squonking? Flashy design? Sturdy? Shock/waterproof? Fitting nicely in your hand? Good temp control? Mech? What kind of tanks/coils do you use? How much are you willing to spend? …

It’s difficult to guess what will work for you.

5 Likes

Rda rdta normal tank 18650 don’t use temp control fast firing about £50

5 Likes

I have a squonker dont like them

6 Likes

Used it for a week and then realise They’re not for me.

4 Likes

My Vaporesso polar was instant firing

5 Likes

But lasted 6 months

5 Likes

I really like my legend but you’ll have to look around for the color you prefer. I don’t think this model is made anymore. They’re around the £50 mark, some a little more, some a little less.

7 Likes

That’s the newer one right their first one was only a 100w max output

4 Likes

The newer one has a bigger digital display. The 100W was the first version, this legend came after indeed.

4 Likes

If you dont use temp control why pay for it. I don’t mind the art on it but if you dont like it you could always use the 20 quid you just saved on some spray paint. This is a pwm mod so they fire super fast and can hit pretty hard

https://www.evolutionvaping.co.uk/mvv-ii-box-mod-by-dovpo.html

8 Likes

I know ill never buy smok again had the mag the alien and species my opinion smoke is poor build quality i know i don’t want a Mech mod

5 Likes

You do have a point but you’ll want to keep a mod longer than 6 months? Get something a bit stronger, no press-fitted 510s etc. Not sure how long a £30 mod will last. I don’t know that mod but Dovpo is a good brand though.

6 Likes

My mod get a beating at work go though tanks quick as they brake always have spares With me.

4 Likes

They are cheap but they are not nasty - I have had one in rotation since they came out around August so I really can’t speak to longevity yet but so far so good - I have the mvv v1 for a few years now and it still works perfectly - have torn down the v1 and it is a bolt-on 510 I have not yet dissembled the v2 (i am sure someone will have on video somewhere).

You may see them described as a mech they are not a mech - they have protections with the chipset.

EDIT
You just have to be aware that the pot will adjust the voltage so at full noise on the pot you will be at 8.4v. I would suggest if you decide to go this route that you learn your ohms law as it is relevant and at 8.4 v a low build can be extremely dangerous. If you decide to get it feel free to shoot me a PM if you are at all unsure of the build you intend to put on it.

8 Likes

This is a decent set up and a good price to boot you might even be able find it cheaper at your favorite store.
https://www.healthcabin.net/geekvape-nova-kit-plane-resin-p/18469.html

this one is supposed to be a good one

https://www.healthcabin.net/geekvape-aegis-x-200w-box-mod-p/22494.html

3 Likes

I’ve had the smok Mag and the Vfeng snowwolf go bad in the first 6 months new so yeah I went with Geekvape this time Aegis. We’ll see

3 Likes

I’m not going to proselytize to you, just curious. What about it wasn’t right for you?

2 Likes

Hi i just found it to be a messy mod refilling the bottle even with the 50ml vandy vape refill bottle

3 Likes

I’ve had problems too at times @Englishguy. I mean, squishy is better when you’re squonking, but not always when you’re re-filling ?? !!!

1 Like