My observations about Nicotine

There are 2 people here who make me chuckle a LOT… you and @ringling :joy:

You are not “Chucky”…right?
A lot of people laugh at me in my old age…but a chuckle is only a small laugh…teehee
Cool if you are ‘Chucky’, but I will re-wire you to take 18650’s…eh?
J/K …I always appreciate your replies…God bless you.

1 Like

Ahahahahaha! A true character, you dont get a lot of those these days…

You are still welcome in my home, Grubby…with or without batteries…
but you should bring a single malt or similar with you, eh?

3 Likes

@ozo 12yr old Glennfiddich do ya?..
I have to warn you though, i am short of a few batteries…

3 Likes

Yep. If I get a really bad migraine now… I have three choices:

1. A fast acting emergency hormone (dangerous rescue type drug) to stop the pounding headache.

2. Go to a doc in a box or the ER for a deep tissue shot in my left arm (hurts for a week)

3. Go buy 3 cigarettes from my sister.

They all work but the cigarettes carry the lowest medical risk.

There is nothing funny about this at all…my doctor is completely aware of why it’s happening. It’s because I smoked for over 30 years.

What? you only have the green bottle? I warn you, Brother,…I am a coon-ass Texan Scot…
I lick the bottom of the Guinness Stout barrels when they are empty…

@Maureeenie It cant be because you NEED to smoke, it could be caused from damage from smoking, a cigarette DOES NOT… I repeat DOES NOT fix anything… In no way does it medicate any ailment…

2 Likes

ROFL!
You know your hardcore when your licking the Guiness Stout Barrels!

I once had a 18yr old Glennfiddich… It didnt last long and at the price i couldnt afford to let any go to waste…

1 Like

I can’t even imagine…but I would have gladly helped it from going to waste…ya?

Technically it is vasodilating her and this is helping with the migraine but there is other ways to achieve vasodilation…

Migraine pain is caused by vasodilation in the cranial blood vessels (expansion of the blood vessels), while headache pain is caused by vasoconstriction (narrowing of the blood vessels). During a migraine, inflammation of the tissue surrounding the brain, i.e., neurogenic inflammation, exacerbates the pain.

took me a minute to find this http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3570915/ we are starting to use some ACE inhibitors to fight the vasoconstriction.

So initially her smoking the cigs relaxes her and it just may be what works for her…any medication has some form of risks as do cigs obviously.

1 Like

I believe Nicotine restricts blood vessels, is that what helps?

1 Like

@ozo I would gladly share my last bottle with you, maybe one day I will :wink:

In the U.K. We are prescribed beta blockers for chronic migraines but they are awful!

1 Like

It does overall restrict blood vessels that is why strokes and heart attacks are one of the largest killers of smoking outside of CA. When you initially smoke a cig it vasodilates then over time from the smoke it starts to constrict the blood vessels.

I can see Betas being trouble too as there are many issues w/ using the ACE inhibitors as well, Betas lower the heart rate considerably.

I agree thou I don’t believe nicotine was my main addiction as was the hand to mouth effect is the biggest fixation I have yet to nip.

I have stepped my nic use down to 2-3 mgs and this is hardly enough to even give me a buzz. I can go hours and hours w/o nicotine it’s the hand to mouth that is what I am wanting sure I feel I get something out of the nic but not as much as I originally thought w/ smoking it was whatever they put in them that I was addicited too I am sure of that.

1 Like

Indeed, it can be difficult sometimes and we may think that smoking will help but the reality is that it won’t

1 Like

No agruement here. It’s what she said works for her. It’s kinda like the " Hair of the Dog " everyone knows your just guna get drunk again but it makes you feel better in the present so you just do it. (BTW I am almost 2 years sober as of this October !!! )

3 Likes

I understand, I understand completely…

Sober?! Why? I just consumed 20 Budweiser and I must say its a very cool experience feeling this mellow, I do have PPD though so this is about as chilled as I get without being asleep lol

1 Like

Have you talked to your doctor about trying botox? Sounds silly, but it works for some people. Do things like treximet not work for you? I had bad migraines when I was a teenager, thankfully not had one in a while. I hate it for you…they’re the worst kind of pain.

2 Likes