My observations about Nicotine

I get that from smokeless tobacco as well Amy. Giving up Tobacco is like loosing a good friend and you never loose the urge to see them completely. This is the phycological part of tobacco and the sympathies of a broken bond. When you think about it, when you give up something that you depended on for years, I would think that for some, Tobacco replaces people in a sense. I’m sure some people depend and rely on a Tobacco relationship for comfort more than they do their significant other for the same. Not saying you ever did, just giving reasons why Tobacco is not the easiest thing to give up and it’s not just the nicotine.

4 Likes

I don’t know if it’s because of vaping but since I started I have not had one craving for a cigarette. (Smoker for 19 years)

They are horrible disgusting things and I hate myself for ever using them.

Gonna mix up some nic free when my batches run out and see how I get on, I’m pretty sure I’ll be just as satisfied.

2 Likes

Yes I agree it was a serious break up I told my last cig I was breaking up and not looking back. I’ve even heard of ppl writing letters stating how they feel towards the breaking of the bond of cigs. It’s a hugely underestimated physcological bond between our routines / addictions …

@Grubby for a very long time I didn’t have any cravings it was great ! I started to notice them more when I got under 6 mgs but I am still able to forgo the cravings and just vape… I have managed to get my nic down to 3 mgs now and still mix all batches for the large part as 0 nic then add it after it steeps to ensure I want to vape it…I’ll catch myself vaping 0 nic juices from time to time and there’s always a tank that has a lighter mix so I can chain vape it if I want to :smile: good luck w/ your batches I think you’ll be pleased !

2 Likes

I tried a 6mg batch after vaping 3mg for a while, it was way too harsh for me, it’s weird how things can change so quickly

2 Likes

Yep I couldn’t vape 6 mgs right now without getting light headed and yucky quick

1 Like

I don’t know about that, both my parents were non smokers and all three of us kids ended up smokers. I smoked during my pregnancies and only one of my three kids started to smoke and she quit smoking a while back.

Maybe I should write a letter. Never thought of it.

I really never felt like tobocacco vapes or vaping NET was going to send me back to smoking. :grinning: The tail off of smoking cigarettes, I found, was made much easier with vaping tobacco flavors; total enjoyable switch for me. Actually, I began to be disgusted with the flavor that cigs left in my mouth…and I smoked hand rolled tobacco which was no where near as “treated” as the stuff made in the USA.

Side note: Be proud! Be strong! Congratulations on choosing “life”, with respect to your everyday decision and achievement in ridding yourself of the alcoholic monkey on your back! :grinning: Solidarity!

5 Likes

I think it was a mind trap don’t vape tobacco or you’ll start smoking again … I was wrong. I enjoy the real tobacco taste and not 4,000 other chemicals :slight_smile:️ And thanks sobriety never felt so good !

6 Likes

How could nicotine by it self be addictive, when vaping you lower the amount nearly automatic without any force?
Nicotine in smoking is showed by science is…but not by only nicotine it self.
In tobacco different “stuff” is used for faster & more uptake, it have “painkiller” etc… none of this is in ejuice normally…

1 Like

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT
Nicotine is NOT an addiction substance ,you can free from it in 48 hours
So something else inside a cigarette ,is the bond to smoking habit (plus the psychological bond to it)

3 Likes

The same way cocaine, and the myriad of other controlled substances can be? :wink:

The problem with Nicotine in particular is all the “addiction enhancers” big tobacco adds to guarantee their market continues to exist.

2 Likes

If you go looking on the Googler, you will see articles written that basically say a lot of the junk they put in the filters are elements of the same compounds in anti-depressants. You take nicotine, add a pain killer and compounds of antidepressants and the fire retardants in the paper… There’s a fine mess.

What you have when you quit is the bad cravings for a few days, anxiety and then the damn headache you get between day 5 and 7 (which don’t always leave for a while)

When you quit you need ibuprofen, calming herbs or hell even a benzodiaz type drug if your doc will give it to you for a month to sleep… and your vapes of course.

You will go through withdrawal, Altria wants to make it as painful as possible to walk away.

1 Like

[quote=Maureeenie]When you quit you need ibuprofen, calming herbs or hell even a benzodiaz type drug if your doc will give it to you for a month to sleep… and your vapes of course.

You will go through withdrawal, Altria wants to make it as painful as possible to walk away.[/quote]

You nailed it on the last line!

What people (smokers in this case) really need though, is a small uninhabited island for a couple weeks to get past the withdrawals so they don’t have to do the first paragraph I quoted! Because that’s still a “win” for big pharma (even aspirin) as long as they get to sell you something else.

Personally I would have made it through just fine, and could deal with the effects. But it would have been far nicer not to have to subject those I love or care about to my being a moody dick. I avoid prescription drugs like the plague as it is. And that’s before it was legal to advertise “anal leakage” and far worse these days.

Seriously?? You can allow them to put shit on the market just because they have a disclaimer that ‘the latest and greatest’ MAY CAUSE HEART PROBLEMS/STROKE/DEATH?? FUCK THE FDA!!

Now I know you’re particularly sensitive to profanity, and I apologise for offending that sensibility. But honestly? I think it’s a warranted and just response in light of how they view their customer base.
/rant off

PS: love ya Maureeenie!

3 Likes

its well known the smoking cigarette industry startet using different chemicals to use when the “light”-cigarettes was introduced at smoking market, for a better uptake of nicotine, and other psycial cnages.

Hey? This is a weekend to watch (re-watch) Barbarians at the Gate …just checked its on Netflix

1 Like

I’ve made a number of edits to wikipedia articles on vaping including information on Nicotine. It would be helpful to have more eyes on the many vape related pages on wikipedia. Here is a good page to review first. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_cigarette

If you have any thoughts on changes that should be made, get back to me with information on supporting articles from “reliable sources” - they don’t usually allow information to be cited from places that offer both information and sell products. We really don’t have a great pool of vape publications people can look to so we are stuck with the occasional story from Forbes or an article from the mass media companies usually tempered for the alarmists. Scientific Studies that have been peer reviewed are always great sources to use.

Thank you all in advance. Feel free to make wiki edits yourself, but reach out as it is one of my primary free time volunteer activities where I make an average of 5 good edits a month to their pages.

1 Like