My recipies have been sketchy im working on fixing all public recipies

Hi :wave: well I have realized very quickly I have muted the shit out of alot of my recipies and hope I haven’t scared you all away also my notes on these same recipies sucked. So I have been going through them fixing percentages and also fixing notes. Thank god I have caught where I’ve gone wrong and it can be fixed. On paper anyway the ones I’ve made ive kept but I know what’s happening. So please don’t be afraid to look at the updated recipies and notes for now I will post beside them (updated) my apologies I was fucking up just a bit.

13 Likes

@ladycrooks
What were you doing? over flavoring? I know in my short time DIYing…I’ve overflavored probably 70% of the time, I look at some recipes and wonder how the heck they get 7% total when I’m at like 23 hahaha. I think you even mentioned that you’re heavy on the flavor. I hear dat!
I just ordered a shit ton of cotton candy ,strawberry whipped cream, jelly Bean cotton candy, sweet and tart I’m going to try all different combos… so if I get updated on that starburst I will LYK.
Knowing myself, I will not give up until I’m close​:triumph::grin:

7 Likes

Happens to us all, at least you have worked out that it is fixable. I like following your journey here, reminds me of when I started out. :smiley:

Most of my recipes are around 20% if I am using the older flavour house brands like TFA and Flavor West. I recently got a heap of Wonder Flavor Super Concentrates so had to relearn my ratios to prevent over flavouring with them.

8 Likes

Well I know alot are just not.needed to be as strong as they are but mabye im overcompinsating now …I do use alot of older brands like flavour art and tpa but alot of mine are wonder flavours. So the sc means super concentrate right?

6 Likes

Yes and FA is not SC but it is stronger than TPA, FW and CAP. Depending on the flavor the pct could run anywhere from 0.25% - 2.00% or thereabouts.

6 Likes

Don’t worry about that @ladycrooks No need to apologize. We all understand and remember well what it’s like starting out. You’re doing just fine and will get to where you want to be.

7 Likes

Yeah I think the cotton candy jelly Bean I just got is Wonder flavor and I saw something about it being super concentrate I’m glad you mentioned it!

4 Likes

Usually for Wonder Flavor the name has SC after it for the Super Concentrates. They do very few that are not SC rated as far as I know.

Be aware though that when I looked up the WF Cotton Candy Jelly Bean on the “All The Flavors” website, it does not mention that it is a SC there. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Yes it does , I wiuld not worry about the SC title though . Wf are as strong as FA and many other flavors from all the manufacturers. I havent found many that at Sub 1pct and POP going that low . 1 to 3 pct in a mix is pretty standard. Start low but dont get caught up with total pcts in recipes . Remember you are mixing for you and that what matters. As simple as mixing can be there is a big learning curve. Ive went from 20pct recipe with double digit flavors to apprx 10 pct and trying to stay at 5 to 7 flaves max . I often find myswlf reworking a recipe because I still am heavy handed with creams . More often than not ill initially have 3 different cream or more , so I have to rework that recipe before actually mixing it…Patience is required , Oraginazation helps , Notes are needed and Notes only have to make sense to you . When taking notes fimd you own format , they dont have to look like your writing a review or trying to sell a product . Ask questions and experiment . I hate SF tests and I dont see how anyone can mix a flavor at a certain pct and come up with all the stuff we see or hear about said flavor . Whatever you do dont allow other people to tell you your mixing the wrong way , you will know when something is wrong bc you wont like the liquid. There are alot of people with a lot if opinions and thatbis all they are is opinions . The only time there is a fact is when im saying it :tada::tada::tada: lol …Post your recipes in the private recipes thread Sneak Peek @marsh8 and myself use to post a lot in that thread but I have been busy . I like the thread bc you know its not 100pct yet but close and you can get some ideas from others

WHOA TALK ABOUT RAMBLING…Why didnt you all stop me

13 Likes

And why would we do that mate? You have pretty much covered everything in your reply… :smiley:

8 Likes

Ty lol…I should have reread that long speech . I rareky correct mistakes when I post . I probably should in such a long winded statement though lmao .

4 Likes

It’s all good mate. Totally readable and full of helpful wisdom.

I missed this…
I will agree -------------> to disagree LOL.
But that’s only my opinion. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

Thank you Sir!

Damon William Tellegen

3 Likes

and here I thought I was the only one.

Yes, I agree whole heartedly with that my friend.

I thought you could have kept on a bit more.

Preach

9 Likes

IIRC, cotton candy is a flavour muter, it contains Ethyl Maltol.
I would keep that low.

7 Likes

Got a recipe to look at? The post is a tad TLDR but part of your admirable eagerness.

4 Likes

what is this private thread? I have no clue what you mean?? I have just hid alot until I know forsure they are not shit. .lol

3 Likes

I had to look up TLDR I was lost about that…lo I.only got a laptop in 2013 before that I never had anything to do with computers I didn’t even know how to use on barely…

4 Likes

Its not a Privaye thread …Its a thread for rexipes that havent bexome public yet

4 Likes