My Thoughts on the DNA 200 Chip

The DNA has a setting called preheat in the Escribe software. For me it was defaulted to 200 watts for 1 second. I have it at 95/1sec now and then it goes to whatever I have set. It helps eliminate ramp time. I think it’s an amazing feature.

3 Likes

OK after reading a lot of post seams you and PV got a pretty good amount of knowledge OK I am really looking hard at the DNA 200 but don’t have a some of the facts locked in my mind first I do want to be sure I am getting a real DNA 200 not a copy .second battery not sure witch way to go from what I understand not 18650 ? I am cheap skate but only like coming off what little money I have once .so i would rather pay more for better build quality . So who offers a great build and DNA 200 .in your opinion Thanks

I have a Reuleaux and a Lost Vape Efusion. I’d buy the Reuleaux due to battery life and 18650s. No way will you be disappointed. It’s very heavy though, with all those batteries. The buttons are click and easy to find even with gloves on. It’s also shockingly small for what it is and even with a big atty on, it’s not likely to tip over.

2 Likes

Is one I have looked at big plus not falling over

1 Like

Especially if you live someplace like this!

2 Likes

Not good to watch that drinking Beam and Coke!!!

1 Like

Last time and only time I ever seen any thing like that was bakers field CA. at truck stop got woke up buy what I thought was me falling asleep at the wheel but I was in the sleeper looked out the passengers side window to see a nether driver doing same as me about to pull air brake Handel’s that were already set. out of the dash. Tock me a bit to realize my truck was not moving the ground was . the hole parking lot trucks fuel Islands looked like small waves you see on the ocean as soon as it passed ran into the truck stop to check on every one.they were looking back at me funny when I asked if everyone was OK the said yeah why .it was just a trimmer ant been back since scared the hell out of me so hopefully that will never ever be a problem once was enough for me

In all the years I hauled produce out of California I never felt the ground shaking. Got lucky I guess. Last time I was in Bakersfield - well let me make a long story short. This was back in the day and I would wildcat my loads. Company owner promised to pay all tickets, just turn any in with my paperwork. Put me in a large car Peterbuilt. Got a ticket in North Platte, NE and it was $36. Found out he didn’t pay it when I called home from Bakersfield. License was suspended. So I left that load of citrus sitting there with 1/8 tank of refer fuel (it was in the high 90’s) and called him when I got through hitchhiking back to NC. Said “your load of juice is at the Flying J” and he was like JUICE? I said probably is by now.

Anyway though, if you go with the Reuleaux DNA200 you will have the best of the best in my opinion. I’ve not spoken to anyone yet who wishes they had one with a LiPo pack instead.

2 Likes

Thanks I mean that this is what got my attention now back on the fence

sort was leaning away from 18650 and trying to get something made here in the us but still looking still learning

I’m sure it’s a fantastic mod. I have 2 Efusion and the Reulueux. They all get used constantly. So it’s not a matter of preference with the way they look, feel or vape. It all boils down to battery life. I get a full 12 hour day out of the Efusions if I’m hitting all three mods hard. Then need to charge the Efusions. It’s got a little better battery than the Opus, so I’m thinking if you had the one Opus and used it more than anything else, you’d be lucky to get a full day out of it - probably more like 6-8 hrs of hard vaping. My guess is with the Reuleaux being used solely and vaping hard you’d get a day and a half easily. That to me is the biggest difference. Build quality is excellent. Those reviews Rip Trippers did where he pointed out gaps in the outer shell construction, well my guess is he had basically a prototype. The mod I own is flawless. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Yes it dose I was just reading the warranty on the Opus 200 and dose not cover the battery pack and if I was reading it correctly 38.00 plus shipping if it fails for the price I would expect everything covered in a sealed mod .

I’m right there with you. If they can’t stand behind their battery for any length of time that’s a definite issue. I never even checked Lost Vape’s policy on their LiPo pack. Probably similar.

As far as the dna200 goes… I think it’s stellar all around. excellent performance in general. now throw in the evolve software, tinkering galore! some will hate it, some will use it couple times to setup and tweak some stuff once in a blue moon, still others will analyze/noodle around with to no end(I may fit in this category). The beauty is it’s flexible that way, you can be as much or as little involved with it as you want! As far as which one is all about what you like, need more battery life go reauleaux, need a little guy to fit in your work shirt pocket hcigars vt200 or a Vapor shark. No real bad choice

1 Like

Thanks I just got a email from opus saying they do and will sell parts but if it is under warranty I need to send it to them and they do recommend sending it in for all repairs but they well sell parts I told them they just sold me a mod and if I trash the board and battery they offer replacement of both under 90.00 bucks definitely not a throw away mod now big problem what color lol is my new mod going to be

I am not trying to talk you out of the Opus by any means but I do suggest a look at the Evolv forum.There you can search all the manufacturers and get an idea of not only problems but the customer service they received.
Myself , I now have three dna 200 devices.I have the Reuleaux ,Vapershark, and the Project subohm from vapordna. I like all three honestly but I must admit the Vaporshark is better suited for me.It does have a short battery life but a fast charger.
Good Luck on whatever you decide as there are a few lemons out there from all manufacturers it seems.
http://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/post/opus-200-dead-7504947?highlight=opus
Here is the link to the Vapordna S200
http://www.vapordna.com/Project-Sub-Ohm-S200-DNA-200-200W-Box-Mod-p/pss200.htm

3 Likes

Very true. Although apart from a poor case construction or battery/connection, a DNA200 is a DNA200. I feel fortunate with the ones I own that they are incredibly solid. The Efusion’s predecessor (Esquare DNA 40) was a solid mod too but I never owned one, just the Efusion. I have 2 of them and would happily own a third. Best thing to do is check out as much as possible what’s out there so as to make a truly informed decision. If it was the RX200 that’s one thing, but if I’m going to spend a couple hundred on a mod I’m making sure I’ll be happy with it.

1 Like

Thank you I will take a look

Well I have gone in a big circle. I am going to do some more looking opus did have some problems blowing fuses then I noticed from my perspective so did a few others the common thread looks like batteries so 18650 at this point edit sorry not clear 18650 is the way to go like suggest a few post back

I hope Opus has gotten a handle on it by now but it seemed to me they had more problems popping fuses then most.
Even the Wismec has a thread about the Evolv screen ribbon being under the fire button.To my knowledge though I have only heard of one with a problem.Oddly enough that was a guy trying to fix the supposed problem.lol

1 Like

I’ve read somewhere that the fuse problem may be related to the preheat wattage set in the software. Many default to a full 200 watts. This is extreme in my view anyway, and the most I’ve set one for to date has been 110 watts for 1 second. That only lasted me about a tankful. Then I dropped it to 90 but right now I have all 3 set to 100 watts for 1 second. Anyway, the 200w preheat, according to what I’ve heard, puts a lot of stress on the board and has been suspected of being the problem. I just can’t remember where I read this.

2 Likes