My Thoughts on the DNA 200 Chip

Threads on DNA 200 Preheat

2 Likes

I also have read that about the 200 watt preheat settings being responsible.I don’t know for a fact if it is true but like yourself ,I have yet to find any atomizer build that needs that much of a boost.I did find it odd that only the Vaporshark had any of the 8 preset profiles set less than 200.I think it had three configured around 35 watts but all the rest were 200 watt.I assume that must be the Evolv default setting.
The Opus was the only one that I seen where Evolv was suggesting that perhaps the mod configuration was popping fuses.I know a few people were claiming it was the combination of cramped space and a bad solder joint.Opus last I heard was blaming the Evolv board but at least they were repairing them.Last I heard they were still making owners responsible for shipping both ways though.:smirk:
I have one profile on all my 3 devices with a 120 watt one second boost.That is where I will run an rda with a fused clapton.I mostly run tanks with with a .22 Ti 6 wrap either on a 2.5 or 3.0 i.d. coil.For the deep water build I find 80-90 watt one second boost to be good for my likes.Thanks again to PV and you for posting that style build , it has been great.I have been testing the cellu-cotton rayon and I must admit that on my T/C devices I am liking it better than the bacon v2.
I am very happy with the Dna 200 so far and it is my primary but it will be a while longer before I will leave the house without an SX mini stuffed in a cup holder along with a couple of 18650’s in a battery case…just in case.:slightly_smiling:

No single wire build will need that much boost. More than likely a low gauge multi-wire build could use a boost like that.

3 Likes

Fiber Freaks cotton blend is pretty nice also…i can use it for tanks like the Aromamizer with great results, as there is no chance of leaking because it pulls the juice up to the coil and the coil doesnt sit atop an orifice leading to the AFC…i do NOT use it on tanks that have that traditional deck arrangement with the coils sitting over the opening to the airflow, like the Billow v2 and the Mutation X RDTA…

1 Like

I’m not sure how they can make this claim. My gut reaction is…preposterous!

That goes double for me. My M.O. has been with new tanks that if the 22ga Ti fits, that’s what it gets. Hey, nice idea for a t-shirt

If 22 fits, that’s what it gets! Love it.

3 Likes

Xl for me please any colour :joy::joy::joy:[quote=“SthrnMixer, post:90, topic:34532”]
If 22 fits, that’s what it gets! Love it.
[/quote]

3 Likes

Well after spending some time on this looks like I am most likely going to be getting into it a bit deep after researching and being in touch with Opus I am sold I believe as pointed out above . 200 watt preheat seems play major roll in poping fuses from what i have read there is no need to have it set there Rip covered some good points in quick look and the fact the mod is made in the US plays a big roll Roger at Opus has taken the time to answer and explain all my questions never at any time said anything negative to wards Evolv form on one of the failed mods James requested the mod be sent Straight to them at Evolv I want to thank everyone for there In put

2 Likes

Ok , in the escribe software, i don’t get why they only have NI200 or custom settings for the wire used. But when you go to steam engine for the settings, i find and upload to me program then upload to my dna200, temp control works awesome with TI. But i can’t get it to work in SS mode. What am i doing wrong.

1 Like

I’ll tell you what you need to do rather than ask you a lot of questions.

1. Go to steam engine. Click on the wire wizard tab. Then select your wire type, click DNA200 and then download the CSV. Save to your desktop. Do this for all your wire types except Ni200
  2. With your mod connected to Escibe, select a wire profile. Let’s say you’re using Profile #1. Scroll down and click on the drop-down menu and select Custom. Next, in wire type click on Load. Navigate to the saved CSV for the wire type and load it.
  3. At the top of the screen name your profile so you’ll know what it is. (the save and load buttons next to profile name are for custom profile screens only, not CSVs!)
  4. Above that click Upload to Device

Do this for each of your wires. Now when you’re using your mod, select the profile you need. With the mod unlocked hold +/- to lock watts adjust. Then double–click the + button. Now you can scroll through your profiles and select the one you need.

You say Ti works awesome. I think you’ve probably been running Ti in Ni mode. You should notice an immediate difference once you have your profiles uploaded and selected on the mod. Remember, simply uploading the profiles doesn’t mean you’re using them. They must be selected on the mod itself.

2 Likes

Ok thx. I know know what i was doing wrong. I was doing right all the way up to the save cvas point. Thx

Well crap. After i download my wire out steam engine. But then i can’t find it. I would think it would ask me were to download to. But it don’t

CTRL+J usually brings up the downloaded files window :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

I. Don’t get it. I’ve watched every vidio i can find. When i download the new wire ,its supposed to go to my desktop at the bottom. And they don’t, and they are not anyplace. I don’t get it.

When you download it does the screen flip to showing a group of numbers in column format?

No sir. The steam engine closes. And i don’t see my download icons. I just got this pc. Has all windows 10 on it.

What browser you using? Maybe download Firefox or Chrome and try it with one of them?

Can I do all this with out my mod being here and the save the profiles sort get use to it before the mod gets here .and then up load the profiles after doing any up date necessary to the mod itself

You can and should download eScribe as soon as possible and start learning it. It does not require a mod to be connected to use. I don’t think you can save the results, as they are normally pushed into your mod for saving. Still, you’ll have a lot to get familiar with while you wait for the mod.

Happy Vaping!!

Third item down on the page. http://www.evolvapor.com/dna200.php

2 Likes

Thanks a lot brother. This thing is a whole new mod now. Much thanks. And good talking to ya.

1 Like

Pleasure was all mine brother.

1 Like