N.E.T Creations and Reviews (Naturally Extracted Tobaccos or Teas)

How was this as a stand alone vape? The NET “cigar types” here on ELR would probably be interested to know. :thinking:

1 Like

I really enjoyed it standalone.The description of the real cigar is “The taste starts with notes of spice and liqorice with an earthiness to it, but then there is an advancement in flavour to reveal a plot of floral and herby notes”. I dont have really refined tastebuds so didnt get this, maybe others might.
I have only tried FA cigar like tobaccos and hated them as the earthiness in them to me tasted like vaping mud…but there is an earthiness and dryness to this which I found the opposite to FA as I found it really pleasant and authentic rather than horrible. This was what surprised me, its a really light cigar and not floral like either at all, I did get a certain spicyness to it as well, though couldnt say what that was, but it gave it a little kick. If I was to guess what it was without knowing I would probably have said a really nice cigarillo. Also a pleasing aspect for me is this one hasnt been as harsh on my coils as some other NETs, which is a real positive, as others I have made and also bought frustrated me with all the cotton changing to not use them so often.

2 Likes

Often times, the smokers “description” of how a tobacco tastes is skewed by the combustion factor, which we may not experience when the tobacco flavor is extracted from the leaves and vaped.

On a side note… I find it very interesting when the “nose” of a certain tobacco, when smelled in the bag or tin, turns out to be absolutely nothing like when it is vaped. Example: The GL Pease Stonehenge I just extracted, had a dank, musty and sour nose smell. Once vaped, none of that odor/flavor made it through to the vape. I’ve learned to not take to heart, written tobacco reviews from actual smokers… our experience as NET Vapers is often 180 degrees from the combustion viewpoint. :smirk:

3 Likes

That’s my experience too, cigar NET’s are a lot cleaner than the pipe tobacco’s and very tasty :yum:

1 Like

Cigar leaf, no doubt, is less processed/cooked/cased than pipe tobacco. I don’t know this to be 100% a fact… but, my best guess is, cigar leaf has much less of a natural dextrose content as well; less gunk factor. :thinking:

1 Like

yes, exactly… Cigars get their flavor from fermentation which is a very specialized process of curing tobacco leaf for use on the rolling table. This is a fundamentally different process technique than that used for pipe tobacco. The fermentation occurs by the conversion of the precursor sugars into other compounds, so the percentage of sugars decreases in direct proportion to the activity of the reactions involved.

With pipe tobacco, not all, but some of which, the blenders have actually added sugars and other carbonaceous mixtures (honey for example) which just aggravate the gunking problem for us vapers.

2 Likes

I have no idea as to the reason why but I notice a fast difference between gunk in pipe and cigar liquids. The liquid from cigars is lighter in colour too.
The cigar liquids have become my favourite when it comes to NET. I haven’t vaped one yet that I didn’t enjoy.

2 Likes

Yes, I got the idea from my experiments that the casing with pipe tobacco was adding a lot towards the gunk factor

I have found the same from my initial efforts, was expecting to love the pipes and not the cigar and cigarillo I tried, turned out to be the opposite. Only one of the pipes really worked was a balkan one, potent and tasty, proper smoky pipe taste…but alas, coil killer to rival FW yellow cake, which really isnt for somebody with my inpatience

2 Likes

Thanks, i got my first extraction done ginger it is, pretty strong stuff, recipe pretty easy, im using it at 10%, getting a good and clear taste, makes me think of torque by halo… pretty sure they are doing there own extraction by probably not the same process, now im going to try whit tobaco, thing is around here it is easer to get weed than tobaco…i would like to try in vacuum chamber heating tobaco and pg first and then put it under vacuum effect, anybody tryed that yet?

1 Like

Is that Chertsey England or Canada?
I’m guessing Canada because of the bear :grinning:

Yes canada! Even if we only have black bears around the place!

1 Like

At least they are easy to spot in the snow :wink:
It looks beautiful.

Keep the order under 200 grams and you should have no problem getting tobacco through 4 Noggins; they know the ins and outs of getting product into Canada.

1 Like

Hoho tank you ! :grinning: im on it

@Kinnikinnick you said that you get your best results using PG and a little bit PGA. What about the freezer thing to remove oils and other stuff. Do you skip?

Yup… Since the majority of the extract is PG, there’s really no point in the extract winterization process.

I asked because of this picture after “winterisation”
Winterization

No hazards from fat oils? Are there fat oils, or just essential oils, which make the NET better!

I thougt about what @50YearsOfCigars said. The exaple with solving and soap.
Would´t it be the best way to use different solvent on the same tobacco. Maybe first steam extraction, then in Ultrasonic with PG/PGA, and then put in the dark cupboard let the time work for me. The sequence is just an idea, don´t know if another is better, but i hope you understand what my point is.

If you make NETs out of ready to smoke tobaccos, aren´t there all the nasty stuff in it, which BT put in to make it comfortable to smoke. I´m not afraid, just interested. I smoked stinkies for about 25 years and nearly all i can vape is not as unhealthy as smoking.

1 Like

OK,. you are asking about complex chemistry of tobacco solvent extractions as it occurs in making e-liquids out of cigarette tobacco. A couple of point to consider: 1.) You make a reference to BT, and no one I know of that makes NETS uses cigarettes from BT, We use pure leaf tobacco or pipe blends. 2.) Most carcinogenic toxins in cigarettes are the product of secondary reactions that occur as a result of combustion when the cigarette is ignited. These compounds can not be solvent extracted into e-juice because they do no exist at the time of the extraction.

But in any event the complete answer to your questions is contained in the scientific literature. I don’t know your back ground in chemistry but let’s not over simplify the answer to all this here in brief Forum Posts. Here is two PDFs you need.

First is:
Basic Chemical Constituents of Tobacco Leaf
and Differences among Tobacco Types - from Tobacco: Production, Chemistry, And Technology, D. Layten Davisand Mark T. Nielson, Eds., Blackwell Science (Pub.), 1999

Here is a PDF link to download first document:

Second paper you need:
Nicotine Levels and Presence of Selected Tobacco-Derived Toxins in Tobacco Flavoured Electronic Cigarette Refill Liquids -from Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2015, 12(4), 3439-3452;- Dr. Konstantinos E. Farsalinos and others.

Here is link to download second document:

From the Abstract of the 2nd doc here is the question they answer. I think this is the question you are asking about:

Background. Some electronic cigarette (EC) liquids of tobacco flavour contain extracts of cured tobacco leaves produced by a process of solvent extraction and steeping. These are commonly called Natural Extract of Tobacco (NET) liquids. The purpose of the study was to evaluate nicotine levels and the presence of tobacco-derived toxins in tobacco-flavoured conventional and NET liquids.

Hope this helps. :grinning:

5 Likes

I also read sometime last year that RJ Reynolds had a beef with the IRS over a tax break they wanted for the environmentally friendly way they got rid of their waste tobacco.

Instead of dumping it into the environment they ground it up and put it in their cigarettes and sold it. :poop:
IRS said no, RJ took them to court.

They were brazen enough to admit what they did because they thought it deserved a reward.
I don’t know if the other companies do the same and keep mum about it.