Need help with mixing

I just made a strawberry bannana juice and the bannana is really harsh in it right now does it need more time to steep then most flavors cuz I checked other recipes and I didn’t use a really high % or is it the banana flavoring I got that’s harsh please help

1 Like

Many folks complain about banana being harsh at time of mix. What brand is it? I’m sure someone here can help. Steep works with most bananas as they all seem to fade a bit and smooth with a week or two steep.

2 Likes

I don’t vape my banana mixes until they’ve steeped for 2 weeks. It has too much of a bite for me. Let it rest a little and it will mellow out.

2 Likes

It’s tfa ripe banana

Aome thanks man I figured it needed to rest for about a week or 2 but wanted to try it it had only been mixed for about 24hrs

Ripe Banana is quite strong - what % did you mix?

2 Likes

4% tfa ripe banAna 10% tfa ripe strawberry

Then it could be your banana is a little high. I don’t use the ripe banana over 2 %. But let it steep and you’ll see, if it’s still harsh for you try a little less next time around.

3 Likes

If you used Ripe Banana @ 4% you may want to increase your batch size a couple mls more and that way you can add in the other ingredients to catch up w/ the added pg/vg but leave out the ripe banana that way it gets lowered in %s or you can check it out in a couple of weeks never know bananas do fade but ripe tends to be a hardy one.

4 Likes

Ok thanks I really hope it mellows out cuz I foolishly mixed 2 120ml bottles of it

Ooh, that’s a lot before you know if you like it. I test new mixes in 30 ml or even 10 ml, if it’s good I mix a larger batch.

2 Likes

I made it in 120ml so how many more ml would I increase it to lower the banana to like 1 or 2%

1 Like

Haha yea I figured I couldn’t go wrong with just strawberry banana

Well, let’s put it this way; you didn’t go wrong - you did actually learn something by experience :+1: :grinning:

2 Likes

A lot so far I come up w/ …if you leave the 4% alone and not add anymore and you increase your batch up 145 mls your Ripe Banana will still be roughly around 3.30% so in order to drop it another 1-2% you’ll have to more than likely have to double it to cut it in half just the easiest way to get it that low so if you began at 4 and you double the batch you’ll be at 2% remember to not add anymore banana :wink:

*** Not being ugly but this is why I always tell ppl especially when they’re starting out and making / creating new juices do a trial batch at 10 mls whew I hope we can save this one for you.***

Don’t forget to increase all other flavors but banana :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for the help I no I should have did a Lil batch first but figured I couldn’t go wrong with just strawberry banana but I guess I was wrong lol

1 Like

That is true I hope it mellows out some with a good weeks steep and some breathing

1 Like

Hey we all get that wild hair and well sometimes it doesn’t go as planned that’s ok we’ll adapt & overcome ! and yes pun intended :wink:

1 Like

Hopefully it will mellow into something you like. If it doesn’t, my suggestion would be to take a 30mil bottle, mix into this a 10mil batch of the 10% strawberry by itself, then add 10 mils of your other strawberry banana. That will cut the banana down to 2% and you’ll only have 20 mils to test. Then if this fix works, you can mix a larger batch of the strawberry to mix with the pre-steeped strawberry banana batch. If it doesn’t work, you’re not suck with nearly half a liter of something you don’t like. You’ll still have a lot of things to try in smaller batches, like layering other flavors, maybe some creams or sweeteners.

3 Likes

Thanks thats what I was gonna do is cut it in half with strawberry so the banana is at 2% but I might try a couple other flavors to add to help it out but I don’t add sweetner to any of my juice if you mix good flavors and juice theirs no need for sweetner imo