Need help with my base

Ok so obviously I’m new to the whole diy. I’ve made a few recipes that were top rated and could not vape them, so I made single flavor recipes also could not vape them.
Fast forward to me trying the vg by itself and my preferred vg/pg mix(80/20) by itself. It was very easy to vape nice and smooth so I now add my nic to it which is nude nicotine 100mg per ml and at a 6mg mix its completely unvapable. It burns the top of my throat and makes my tongue numb. All the ratios and calculations are correct so that’s a bone issue there.

I took 15ml of the NN nic out of the bottle after shaking for roughly 25min and warmed the 15ml to maybe get rid of “hot spots” but it’s still unvapable.
I understand throat hit and all of that but this is to the point were taking more than one puff every 30min makes me choke.

So finally my question to you all : how smooth is your base (vg/pg/nic) vs just vaping vg, pg pr vg/pg mix?

I really thought NN was supposed to be high quality nic with very little to no throat hit.
My nic also smells like an old ashtray so much so that even mixed to 6mg it still has a faint smell.

Is all of this normal? To me it doesn’t seem to be considering I’ve had 18mg store bought that was extremely smooth and it was not the salts version of their line.

Kinda pissed considering how much NN sells their product for.

3 Likes

Love the fact that u smart enuff to narrow it down to the nic but sry that u indeed got a bad batch of nic

3 Likes

Would be interesting to do a Titration test on your nicotine

3 Likes

I was trying to think of that test. You beat me to it… be interesting to see the nic strength of that bottle.

2 Likes

Is always on my mind titration is funny word but most dont need one and by the time u get one u going to have ups dropping new cute lil jug of new nic . I call say, look, ELR said this shit is bad, end of story, :rofl:

3 Likes

I can only remember it by breaking it down into two words that are familiar to me, lol

3 Likes

So then that is not normal? Lol I guess I will try nic salts next since they are supposed to be smoother, just pissed since that $20 could have went into flavors or a big jug of VG.

2 Likes

Lol , that first word you probably real familiar with
And the second the military really hates eating

2 Likes

Both are used to feed you

2 Likes

I buy nicselect from liquid barn, I’m told liquid barn gets their nic from nicotine river…

I’ve never had a problem with nic from liquid barn

2 Likes

Its not a matter of salt/free, bad nic does happen especially slow ship’n during hot months

1 Like

Shipping was only 2-3 days but I guess it could have been in a 150 degree trailer/truck.

1 Like

I’m looking at Carolina extracts this time for my nic.
Does 100mg have harsher TH then say 48mg when both mixed down to 6mg?

2 Likes

lol, to myself, worked in trailers for ship’n in the summer and can tell u nicotine will go just as nasty as i did. If u keep it under 48mg it can fly tho and delay that week

1 Like

That’s weird that 100mg would be bad quicker, guessing the higher concentration isn’t as stable.

1 Like

correct :happycry:

1 Like

I order 100mg nic and mix at 6nic… we’ll today I’m mixing at 3 nic…

No harsh hit @120 w. Just cranked it up to 350w warm hit but not harsh…
If that answers your question

1 Like

I do not believe that is true, sometimes a bad batch hits a mixer, not often from most reliable sellers but things happen. I have used Nicotine from Nicotine River for a few years with no problem. Some say the have. 90% of my supply has been 100mg base both vg and pg variations

2 Likes

What mod goes that high?

5 Likes

But the higher the concentration, the faster the oxidation/degradation of the whole volume…

2 Likes