Needed to Vent!

There is no greater joy than turning the water on to take a shower and having no water pressure… then walking outside in the cold discovering that your water pipe has busted and a geyser is shooting up from the ground. Hoping a plumber can fit us in today or it’s hotel city tonight. My husband doesn’t like airing personal issues on facebook so sorry you guys get my grief today LOL … life goes on but DANG I need a shower LOL

6 Likes

That sucks!
I hope you get someone on it today :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Thanks Seven, some new guy says he’ll be up by noon, but we had this same issue six years ago and it was a weekend deal where they had to dig and put in new pipe. Not looking promising for Superbowl weekend lOL

5 Likes

Oh no!
Well I hope it turns out better than last time & you can enjoy your weekend - double :crossed_fingers:

6 Likes

That totally Blows. I hope you get it sorted out. At least the ground isn’t frozen (I hope)

6 Likes

No, very lucky on that end. I would love to know why this same pipe broke again though. I’m wide awake now after my kid brought some gallons of water and I managed to take a ho bath that was the coldest bath in history ROFLMAO

6 Likes

More than likely Shoddy workmanship. I wouldn’t go with the same plumber unless it’s covered which would be great. They should be able to have a good idea as to the cause.

5 Likes

It’s a different guy. We did have two below freezing nights last week and I guess that could be the culprit.

5 Likes

Oh man I’m glad it’s not in the wall, those are such a butt pain. Hope you get a warm shower soon! Darn pipes :grimacing:

6 Likes

I’ve done the wall pipe before and you are so right, worse! Thanks hon!

4 Likes

:rofl: … you’re funny!

6 Likes

LOL that’s my granny used to call it hahahahahha

4 Likes

My only experience with that, one time… Not the “ho bath”, mind you…:joy: … was being all lathered up and the shower water shut off. Come to find out, the city water people had cut off the wrong house water supply for nonpayment. It was the guy next-door that hadn’t paid his bill. So… All lathered up and in my towel, I had to walk out and talk to the guy out front about turning my water back on NOW! And I mean RIGHT NOW! OR someone’s not going to have a job when you get back to the office! :rage: Needless to say… I got my hot water back in record time!

6 Likes

LOL you’ve never done a ho bath? Man you haven’t lived until that happens hahahaha I knew mine was a pipe problem because yeah well water… I would have loved to have been able to call the water folks to come fix it, but I guess we’re the water people?

4 Likes

Oh No! I’ve had my fair shares of plumbing emergencies. Two floods. First one flooded the entire first floor because the plumber who installed the dishwasher did a hack job. Two water tank pops. Tank is in the attic so the water just flowed down through the walls and ceiling. After that I sprang for a tankless water heater. Then the “poop pipe” (that’s what plumbers call it) broke. Because I live on a slab foundation they had to come in with a big jackhammer and go through the bathroom floor. Needless to say, I needed new flooring after that and they forgot to seal off the area so the entire condo, both floors, was covered in concrete dust. Fun times those were. Hang in there, Michele, it gets better :crazy_face:

6 Likes

I’ve dealt with that water tank issue that one scared the poopy caca out of me because like you, mine is in the attic and it filled my light fixtures on the ceiling with water. Had the septic tank issue talk about a stinking mess ROFLMAO. They are out here fixing it now, but wouldn’t you know last night we did a shrimp boil and yeah the dishes this morning… holy crap my house smells disgusting… I can’t wait to get all this stuff cleaned up. And yeah, my fault for not doing dishes before bed last night

7 Likes

When I hiked the Appalachian Trail, it was a “ho bath“ on day 8… religiously, whether or not I felt like I needed it :rofl:

6 Likes

If only this happened when it was warm and our pool was clear snorts I could have took me a bath in that there cement pool hahahha

4 Likes

It’s broken before the meter?
Are you on a well?

5 Likes

We don’t have a meter. It’s a busted pipe underground. Had a hole in it and was bent. They are replacing a section of it as we speak.

4 Likes