NEW BCF Contest!

Interesting …

4 Likes

I thought the Mystery Flavor tasted like a weak Watermelon.

9 Likes

It didn’t taste like a weak watermelon to you?

8 Likes

Weak is the key word hear. I got it today. Knuckle test gave me a punch taste that is pineapple dominant. I used all VG to test. So 5/95VG. 10/90VG. No steep. Going to take a day or so for the flavor to steep in the VG.

Just did a Werther’s original and that took about 4 days before the toffees started even appear in the mix.

9 Likes

I will try the knuckle test again to see if I detect any pineapple. I just got a weak berry melon flavor. If you test with all VG, wouldn’t it take longer for the flavor to show up? I’m the noob here, so please don’t take offense to my questions.

8 Likes

No offence taken and yes it does take longer. It is a weak flavor and at 5% I got nothing at all. 10% is where I picked up flavor of a weak sweet pineapple. At 100% drip it tasted like a punch. Still pineapple.
My taste buds have been coming and going lately so I knuckle tested against other pineapple and only difference was the sweetness.

8 Likes

Thank you. I will trust your word for it that it tastes like pineapple. My tongue receptors must be badly damaged from years of smoking Djarums.

6 Likes

Don’t trust any thing but YOUR taste buds.
Smoked for close to 55 years I am often wrong. On top of it all I’m not a fan of the flavor. At 10% use for any flavor is over flavoring.

7 Likes

Except CAP VCV1 of course mate… :rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Agreed, 10% is such overkill. I didn’t think it was anything special myself.

7 Likes

As single flavors go? Yes. Very seldom vape single’s unless it’s a test. Cap VCv1 is the king of custard. It still needs help tho.

7 Likes

@Drew1 Do we need to only use flavors available at BCF in this contest? I was about to mix up something with a flavor y’all dont carry and thought that i should ask first.

That is an evil thought! LOL. I would share what i think it is but it doesnt really matter and i dont want to taint anyone’s thoughts about it.

I get a very distinct flavor at 4% and despite thinking i knew what it was i was wrong as i have that flavor too, it is close but it has other elements not found in the flavor i have. BUT with the premix thought…

I guess Im just gonna mix what my THC riddled brain tells me to, if i am allowed.

7 Likes

I get a red something …Ill mix it up tmrw night and see then

5 Likes

I didn’t steep in a all VG mix. Just got it today. In a day or two it should come together. Hell, at 10% it might blow my head off.
It is a flavor tho and not a mix.
Have fun with it.

6 Likes

Thank you, looking forward to your results.

4 Likes

Yes, we need to be able to mix enough to send to the judges so will limit it to flavors we have. BTW - The official submission rules should go out in the next day or two.

It is an actual flavor we stock, after all of the submissions are collected we’ll announce the flavor.

7 Likes

Hmmm a Pineapple? I used to mix a Pineapple Champagne Custard that I loved. I used JF Pineapple which you can no longer get. I tried numerous Pineapples after that but could never get it quite the same. I may be able to work with this :slight_smile: Maybe…

8 Likes

It kind of tastes like FW Cloud 9 to me but my buds aren’t very accurate anymore

9 Likes

Faint? ya I bet it’s a WF flavor…I jest, I know some love WF. I simply get hardly any taste from their concentrates. That’s just me though and my taste buds are pretty much crap. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you @Drew1! Ill have to drop the Black Pepper (FA) then.

Wf was my second thought, Starfruit, but i feel there are some missing elements. My first thought was Grape Candy (TPA) but that fell through as soon as i vaped them both.

Tough one for sure.

5 Likes