New database error discussion thread

• 02 (Invalid Name or Unknown Brand)
  • Butter* (Invalid Name/Unknown Brand)
  • Cake* (Invalid Name or Unknown Brand)
  • Coconut* (Unknown Flavor or Brand Name)
  • Invalid flavor or brand name - Flavour Art
  • Peach* (Invalid Flavor Name or Brand)

I haven’t even gone INTO the flavors, as I have 806 loaded. Luckily for the ones I SFT’d I have THAT to go by in my notes, to RESTORE it, but if I haven’t SFT’d it, I am not sure I’ll even know WHAT the flavor was before the purge/merge …

One ^^^^^ of these was clearly Imp Dust by Gremberry Farms, but it got wacked and shows as invalid Flavour Art ?

5 Likes

I’m starting to think the Merge, not so much …

5 Likes

I’m in the same boat SessionDrummer, I have 22 showing as either invalid or unknown, the ones I have notes on I am sure I can figure out if i put the time & effort in to cross check against by backed up notes, but for ones not yet tested there is little hope without the aid of the notes to go by, those don’t worry me half as much as the ones that are just vanishing altogether like the couple of Hangsens I mentioned above.

I have to agree with the immediate halt of the merge as it does seem to be creating a huge pile of problems for the DB & it’s users

6 Likes

Well I don’t mean to GLOB ON, and rail against attempts to fix, or somewhat fix the massively borked DB here, as I"m not.

I AM however, wondering about the merge, because it also seems to be a PURGE at times.

Maybe @Ken_O_Where, @TorturedZen can explain the logic.

I’m ASSUMING, when going through and looking at ALLLLLLL the incorrect flavors, you wouldn’t want to just start DELETING them, right ?? So trying to figure out what they SHOULD have been, then merging to try and NOT just delete them ??

Maybe someone can chime in here.

4 Likes

So here’s what showed for mine in my flavor stash, which after looking through the notes is/was my Cereal 27

And after checking a recipe it matched up

Should I fix this?

4 Likes

GIF by filmeditor - Find & Share on GIPHY

Thank you vm for posting your magnificent flavor notes; those are really helpful and reading your notes is a must before making an order for me (beside SD’s notes and Noted ofc).

(If you find time) those would be really useful read in a separate thread (SD’s example here); i can help if needed. Glad you joined!

5 Likes

So pleased to hear you are finding my notes useful Mikser, makes it worth all the effort knowing others are benefiting from them, I am just rather worried about this merge & it’s knock on effects if they can not be put right/back in place as many notes & flavours will seemingly end up just lost in cyber space, I’m sure you know all to well the amount of time it takes doing them so to see them simply vanish is most disheartening.

5 Likes

Sorry as for the suggestion on the separate thread for the notes - I don’t mind but obviously (sadly) would seem to have my hands full right now trying to figure out what in the hell is going on with my stash & try to get it back in order, though it is unclear if it’s ever worth trying to change things back/correct the mistakes as they may well just end up being lost all over again urgh!

4 Likes

What I’d like to know is this being done by a Bot or algorithm, or one by one by humans…
How is (Invalid Name or Flavor Brand) a better description of said flavor…

3 Likes

This one I am sure is MARSHMALLOW CUSTARD JAX (1 shot) after deciphering my notes for it Rocky

4 Likes

Nope, thats Yellow Matter Custard, Lukeloop (Zippy One Shots) per my notes
I lost a few one shot in my stash…

3 Likes

Dam this problem is obviously worse than we figured as it’s actually one of the few I had the name listed in the notes for which I do often do for the few 1 shots I test, see screenshot, so these invalid references could indicate more than a single flavour furthr compounding the problem -

3 Likes

I’ve slowly started to add the Flavor Name in the the notes, wish I had done that with all from the get go…
BTW, I also appreciate all the testing / notes you add, even though my palette is different I always look at your notes and that of a few others, you know the scroll down quick thingy :wink:

4 Likes

I’m just in the process of trying to figure out the ones in my stash that have “invalid” in the title & about half way there, then I have the same plan as yourself by adding the flavour name at the top of each of my notes, a daunting task but easy enough thankfully, as for tastes - be boring if we all enjoyed the same thing :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah, I should have done it sooner… and I saw it coming a couple years ago when Cinnamon Spice TPA got merged with Cinnamon TPA…
Cinnamon Spice got re-entered into the database but many of the current notes on Cinnamon may actually refer to to Cinnamon Spice,
That’s the problem I see, corruption of the mixer notes #StopTheMerge

4 Likes

Oh no, merged with what? I don’t think I understand what’s going on!

3 Likes

Ah, I happened to mention Cereal 27 in my comments and Ken just said that Cereal 27 got merged, so at least I know what it is now. But what am I supposed to call it now? I don’t understand how this works?

4 Likes

I experienced the same exact thing this afternoon. I added it back to my stash as well.

4 Likes

Oh, it gets pulled from our stash as well? I’ll have to check now, thx.

2 Likes

@D.Sims As I was putting back Cereal 27, the first flavor on my stash list got pulled and i can’t remember what it was. Wait, I tapped on it and it leads to the flavor notes page saying invalid name but all the flavor notes are describing Cereal 27. And when I tap on my new entry of Cereal 27 it takes me to a flavor note page with hardly any notes on it. Uh oh, this is deep state shit :rofl:

4 Likes