New database error discussion thread

I started using the notepad feature to give me heads up if something changes, of course if something is merged it can be hard to track down with around 1500 recipes, (public / private)
Slowly starting to add the “flavor name” in the public notes so if it changes I can see what I had it at originally…
Still have a bunch of new flavor purchases to add, but as I do I update the count in notes:

8 Likes

Your stash

Sorry I don’t. I added a mock flavor to my stash and the count went up as it should.

5 Likes

Yeah, I usually use it along with the peace sign as a fair well but in this case, I felt like it was all that was needed. :thinking:

4 Likes

How do you do that? I only see the option of “Add to Shopping List” on the Flavor List page.

2 Likes

BCF has it on their label now and I noticed that they’re using different labels on some of the flavors I bought. Good case in point of vendors using different names/labeling. Now their Soho says Soho Flavor instead of just plain Soho. It doesn’t matter much to me, I just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing by the database and not causing any more headaches.

5 Likes

I included a ‘how-to’ in the Flavor Stash Guide Here.

5 Likes

I only saw Add to Shopping List because I already had that flavor in my stash. I need to try it with some flavor I don’t have…what the hell could that be? :crazy_face: :rofl:

2 Likes

does anyone knows what happened to Persimmon Spice (Flavorah) ?

4 Likes

I just looked. It’s still there.
Persimmon (Flavorah) – 751 recipes
Persimmon Spice (Flavorah) – 4 recipes

4 Likes

Not trying to be a b, but that Persimmon Spice FLV was merged together with Persimmon FLV by someone (so now all those persimmon recipes and reviews are in question; if at least Persimmon Spice was deleted rather than merged with other flavoring). Then someone added Persimmon Spice again.

5 Likes

Another casualty of the duplicates war. When I checked I could tell someone re-added Spice by the name being in lower case, which I changed back.

5 Likes

@TorturedZen I just found a recipe of mine with a 02 (invalid name or unknown brand) message in the recipe calculator. How do I find out what I originally typed in so I can correct it?

7 Likes

I’ve slowly started to type in notes as to what flavor I have in the data base so when it gets merged I can see what I had… wish I did this from the beginning… just noticed I have a chocolate? In my stash that I rated 5 stars but not sure what it was before the Merge

5 Likes

The duplicate war may be a problem, but IMO the merging war is doing More harm when all the recipes / notes are merged to the wrong flavor… personally I’d take the dupes over that…

6 Likes

If you think you can even come close to doing a better job cleaning the monumental amount of crap in the DB then have at it.

5 Likes

Same thing with Cereal 27 by Cap. Just noticed it shows as 02 Invalid in my flavor stash. I was able to figure out what it was by going through my saved stash spreadsheet and see what was missing. No idea why that would have been a merge or deleted. I added it back but it has less recipes compared to original entry.

the original has 1515 recipes associated to it. the new entry has 14.

5 Likes

It’s a noble effort but Like I said, I’d be ok with the dupes, doesn’t effect me at all…

7 Likes

Looking thru the notes for 27, Rin said it’s a nice Swedish Fish flavor :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I noticed that too. No idea what that’s about. Other notes mention corn flake, so that’s correct lol.

5 Likes

Once the flavor is merged the notes are merged too, re- entering the flavor in the database probably (most likely) won’t restore the notes…
It’s turning into a shit show IMO…

5 Likes