New database error discussion thread

One of the reasons i want to put that off for awhile as there are others too, and it is the main reason i havent ordered lemon since the change. That stuff is already uber potent, wtf did they need to make it stronger? lol.

Ive had a couple Invalid flavors pop up too but neither were used in a
recipe. Anyway, check this out:

Recipes: 141939
Using the search term Invalid:
https://i.imgur.com/nQMlC6G.png
The other day i mentioned there are 3.5million private recipes on the site which will add up to more Invalid recipes but that aint too bad for knocking out almost 50k invalid flavor names with only 3 old farts working on it. And really its mostly one lately.

And please dont take me defending our actions as a reason not to give constructive criticism. There have been some really great ideas discussed here and ill use what i can if i can, i very much appreciate the input. I know you all know how big of a job this is, at least in part, and i thank you all for your candor and your understanding. Please know that we are doing our best to keep mistakes to a minimum.

Believe it or not having that kind of power is a bit stressful, every time i go to click merge i check again, and again and yet every once in awhile, SHIT! Ive had to rename a lot of flavors i merged to the wrong naming convention. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

7 Likes

Lmao…Um cant tell you , but message me and ill send you one if you will use it

4 Likes

I noticed this got deleted again. It now shows up as invalid flavor

10 Likes

That there would be my fault as i forgot all about mentioning it. Sorry about that, NK. And thanks for reporting it.

8 Likes

No worries, that’s why this thread was started, right :wink:

9 Likes

Change ooo to OoO, they’re all inconsistent

3 Likes

Yeah ok. Just as soon as we’re done deciphering the 5000 Malaysian “brands”…we’ll get right on that.
BTW, it took the better part of two days just converting Jungle Flavors to Flavor Jungle.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t that have been nice? Then you could just scroll down the list but now you have to weed through the comments and the list is nowhere to be found.

I think they don’t quite understand the overwhelming amount of minutiae y’all have to wade through or the enormity of the task at hand. I understand the need to make it simpler.

Anyway @TorturedZen and @Ken_O_Where I think y’all are doing a fantastic job and I say keep up the good work

:vulcan_salute:

9 Likes

@Dan_the_Man It’s easy to say what the goal should have been here for name errors. Not quite as easy implementing it by keeping it short and tidy.
Thanx for the kind words Dan. That means alot coming from you! Respect.

BTW did we always have the Vulcan emoji? I never noticed it before.

7 Likes

@TorturedZen @Ken_O_Where I was just inputting flavors into my stash by reading off my BCF invoice. What they have as Desert Ship Blend (FA) shows up in our database as Desert Ship (FA). There are other entries as Desert Ship Blend but none are FA. Is this important for you to know?

Virginia (FA) didn’t show up at all until I typed in (FA) at the end.

Cured Tobacco (FLV) is listed as Cured Flavoring (FLV) on my BCF invoice. I don’t recall ever seeing Flavorah listing it as Cured Flavoring. Maybe BCF is trying to eliminate the word tobacco from their flavorings? Idk

Same thing with Tatanka. BCF calls it Tatanka Flavoring (FLV).

Sweet and Smokey Tobacco (FLV) is listed as just that on BCF but they use “&” instead of spelling it out. Idk if that makes a difference in our database but thought I would mention it.

I just noticed that after adding a flavor, the number amount didn’t go up. I saved everything and refreshed the page but the number stayed the same. Now I’m not sure how many flavors I actually have.

7 Likes

Actually it is easy…Anything more than what needs to be said can be deleted! :person_shrugging: just saying lol

6 Likes

No. Who has the authority, besides the obvious?

5 Likes

Keep in mind our DB quite often differs from what vendors indicate. FANA doesn’t even mention “Blend” on their label. Only the description.

Before or after you added to your Stash? With new flavors I recommend adding them to your Stash via the Flavor List first, otherwise it may or may not show up in the recipe calculator.

That’s fine. Like I said…you’ll see 20 different names from vendors for the same flavor.

8 Likes

I dont think anyones opinins on this matter are irrelevant . Well maybe 1 persons but…

8 Likes

Hey @Ken_O_Where and @TorturedZen, I went ahead and re-added
Cinnamon Spice (TPA) 10% dilution into the data base, if this is not allowed let me know :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Before…

5 Likes

Meaning new to the brand or new to my stash? Virginia (FA) has been around for quite awhile.

Btw, do you know why the amount of flavors didn’t change after I added to my stash?

5 Likes

Same happened to me last week, but I have too many flavours to figure out where the error is and the ones I added are in my stash.

6 Likes

I started using the notepad feature to give me heads up if something changes, of course if something is merged it can be hard to track down with around 1500 recipes, (public / private)
Slowly starting to add the “flavor name” in the public notes so if it changes I can see what I had it at originally…
Still have a bunch of new flavor purchases to add, but as I do I update the count in notes:

8 Likes

Your stash

Sorry I don’t. I added a mock flavor to my stash and the count went up as it should.

5 Likes