New database error discussion thread

Thank you for replying to me so quickly. I really don’t know where else to check notes as well as where to add to my inventory besides my own personal notes. You woulda thunk that a flavor that existed for more than 10 years would have a firm foothold in ELR, eh?

4 Likes

A “Go Back” can be a POWERFUL thing @Lucas_James_Holden. I don’t maintain the database, or backups, BUT, assume there should be some backups to pull from.

It was mentioned above ^^^^^^, that maybe flavors would have to be “Approved” before being accepted into the main db, and showing up in the drop down menu. Other wrong/incorrect/syntaxed flavors COULD be in A database, just not the main one. NOW, that sounds simple, right ?? Well, maybe yes, maybe no. That would mean (assuming), that someone would have to run through the MONSTER, and DECIDE what was a REAL FLAVOR (in the main database, and dropdown menu), and what was NOT.

Is it possible, maybe is it feasible ?? Who knows.

2 Likes

Apparently it’s now called Power Plant Pomegranate - Tasty Puff

4 Likes

Hehe, wait a minute …

3 Likes

@SessionDrummer that’s pretty much what i said when i just looked lol

2 Likes

Hehe, yes you did. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought you’re joking; but it’s true :astonished:
(now wait for for the second round; TP to be merged with TPA)

3 Likes

@Mikser I wish I were. I don’t have that good of an imagination to come up with a name like that :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Mikser at first I thought he was too.

3 Likes

I saw the Power Plant Pom in my flavor stash and I deleted it. Based on what you are saying, that used to be the Pom deluxe (TPA)?

4 Likes

That’s what I’m seeing.

My backup flavor list:

ELR flavor list:

4 Likes

Thank you so much, I think I should probably add Power Plant Pomegranate back into my flavor stash, LOL!

3 Likes

@KC111 Glad I could help :+1:

4 Likes

Negative. It used to be Power Plant Pom TP, but now Pom Deluxe TPA is mixed in this folder (so all those recipes you see are f’ed up now; so you better check ATF / VC / reddit for recipes with Pom Deluxe now); it would probably make most sense to rename this folder to something else and open a fresh new Power Plant Pom TP flavor now (but for 10 years old Pom Deluxe you can’t do that);

5 Likes

What is causing this tremendous disaster?

6 Likes

That makes so much sense, thank you for elaborating!

3 Likes

@KC111 it is resultant to an attempt to clean up the database, and purge OR merge incorrect flavors. I think you may NOT be able to put the Genie back in the bottle, and a database restore from a previous date, may be the only fix now, but JUST a guess.

3 Likes

Gotta give a huge shout out and thanks to whomever is fixing this. What a huge messy job!

3 Likes
2 Likes

I just did a search for “invalid” flavors, and sorted by recipe numbers …

3 Likes