New database error discussion thread

@Gus6 I think people like @SessionDrummer and @Frunkster have every right to have their say on this topic after all of the hard work that they have put into the flavour notes, they have made a massive contribution only to have it simply wiped out.

4 Likes

A while back I noticed Chocolate Waffle (Molinberry) magically appeared in my stash… finally figured it out, it is WW Waffle (Molinberry) which now is not listed in database, I know there were more recipes and notes for WW Waffle that I can no longer find?

5 Likes

That happened to me, too and I couldn’t figure it out because I don’t have Chocolate Waffle (Molinberry) in my stash, but I DO have WW Waffle (Molinberry) in my stash. Thank you for figuring this out! But, what the heck???

3 Likes

Of course, but fidalgo said that this matter would only be discussed between moderators…
In fact, it was a complaint because they don’t want to discuss it…
English is not my native language…

3 Likes

I understand you @Gus6, your English is very good.

2 Likes

4 Likes

What The Heck? How did you match your unknowns?

3 Likes

A disaster. I have the feeling that those who have decided to do this are not aware of the implications… It doesn’t affect me personally, but I consider all users disrespectful. For years countless solutions have been proposed, and it seems that the one chosen is the worst of all.

6 Likes

@KC111 luckily for me, I put notes in MOST of them. Some got mega borked, like look up at the Lemon, WTF is that ??

I’m still trying to sort out the borked/killed One-Shots.

4 Likes

Smart, but my only notes are what quantities I have in that flavor, LOL. That is all I am qualified to do…

2 Likes

Well, before you get all jealous, those are the ones where my notes SURVIVED. If they got deleted, mish mashed, it’s a free-for-all then.

2 Likes

So sorry D-man, this has to be unbelievably frustrating for you. I do keep all my notes in my Open Office Org folder, so I have that as my back up. I just can’t read what other’s notes are.

2 Likes

Do you keep notes in your Hot Rod folder?

2 Likes

@KC111 I have an “alternate” website where everything is archived, plus local files as well, so it’s more of an inconvenience for me, BUT, for those who DO read my notes, well, it will be worse. Or anyone else’s notes for that matter as well !!!

#SaveTheNotes

4 Likes

That’s why I bookmarked your
“SessionDrummer’s SF Testing Notes - All-in-one (Base Camp)”. I understand it is nice to have a wide variety of opinions, but I at least have an important one saved there. I also rely on @Frunkster’s notes because I love his % recommendations.

4 Likes

@KC111

2 Likes

Nope, I haven’t done much with the Hot Rod since the day I downloaded it when I first started poking around DIY’ing. I used it once to create a recipe and never looked back at it again, lol.

2 Likes

Hilarious GIF. But entering things like cost and vendor and default %, etc would bug the crap out of me. Too many memories of my Chemistry lab days. While such notes are important in Labs so I don’t blow up the building, it is a turn off in this format.

4 Likes

Well, you can enter whatever you want, BUT, if you’re already entering data, why not just do it ALL, that way when you get done, it’s DONE.

Plus inventory tracking too !!!

2 Likes

You are right, no excuses for half ass work. It is about what is a priority for me due to my energy levels. Here is what my flavor notes in Open Office Org looks like.

2 Likes