New database error discussion thread

Eeks, I forgot about that.

5 Likes

@Frunkster howā€™s your stash looking? (Thank you SD!)

4 Likes

Hello @Steph_Abbs looks like you havenā€™t been by recently. Nice to meet you :smile:

4 Likes

I added Cereal 27 to my stash the other day, I was surprised it was there, I didnā€™t expect it to beā€¦

4 Likes

Actually itā€™s been fixed since it got broken. It was probably about 2 weeks after it got broken. It wasnā€™t showing up in my recipes and all I had to do was delete and reenter the flavor and it reappear in all the recipes it was entered in.

5 Likes

Happy new year Muth! I donā€™t post often and Iā€™m still not used to how the forum works but I am following this thread. I think I have just two flavours which are invalid now - I can cope with that! I wondered what Frunksterā€™s looked like as he had quite a few (and a tag is always worth it). Okay, I know I can check his stash myself, might just do that.:sunglasses:

6 Likes

Cereal 27 was inadvertently merged into ā€œInvalid 02ā€ sometime in Oct. ā€˜22ā€¦
At that time a new Cereal 27 (CAP) was created but all the recipes/notes could not be merged back

Sometime between then and now the Invalid 02 flavor was changed to Cereal 27 (Capella), with it brought some incorrect notes / recipes but the majority of it was the original Cereal 27, we still donā€™t know who changed Invalid 02 to Cereal 27 ??

Soooo we were left with:
Cereal 27 (Cap) - correct name but with few recipes and notes.
Cereal 27 (Capella) - incorrect naming convention but contained a large amount of the OG recipes using this flavor

Approximately 22 days ago with the help of @Ken_O_Where I had the Cereal 27 (Capella) merged with Cereal 27 (Cap)
I should have mentioned that here at that time, my bad

This is the best solution for all I believe, there will be some notes like mixed from crystals or taste like sweedish gummyā€™s etc, but the majority of the info / recipes was and is Cereal 27 !!

9 Likes

Well, the more you stay on the more practice youā€™ll get. Basically, the entire forum is a collection of threads of varying topics. If you click on the menu button (the 3 horizontal lines) at the top right (on a desktop) youā€™ll get a drop down list of everything on the chat side of the forum. If you want to access the recipe side you can tap/click on My recipes/favorites (upper top right) or any of those 4 titles. You can just click/tap on the e-Liquid Recipes icon on the upper left side of the page, as well. Just ask if you have any questions.

7 Likes

Not been on in some time, just took a look quickly at my stash & only have the 2 invalid flavours I could not figure out still showing as such, I took a lot of time cross referencing my backed up stash & managed to put 99% of my stash back in order.

I also added the flavour name to each & ever flavour at the top of the notes for them in case of any further mishaps, so I then at least have a way to see whats been changed, be great if everything was put back right but thatā€™s not the case, well not totally, I have only 1 flavour listed as CFL & I know had a few (Crystal Flavour Labs BTW)

I put that much effort into trying to fix what went wrong I donā€™t think I have it in me to start over rechecking again now with over 1k flavours in the stash, but I am pleased to hear at least some progress is being made.

7 Likes

Lol, this is the first time Iā€™ve seen your name on the forum but Iā€™ve seen it countless times on the recipe side while reading notes. Iā€™m thinking thereā€™s that grumpy dude complaining about flavor (xxx) that 90% of the reviewers rated highly :rofl: You crack me up but Iā€™ve learned a lot from your notes because there are times I agree with you and it proves not only that taste truly is subjective but that sometimes flavors are just hyped. Thanks for all your notes :+1:

4 Likes

For the flavors I knew could be considered outside-the-fringe (and I have more than a few), I added a link in the notes to where they could be purchased, to prove that they were not, in fact, invalidā€¦ and then some of those got trashed anyway :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Yup not what youā€™d call a frequent forum poster, I do if I see anything I can help with or if itā€™s a subject I am looking into Muth.

I am shall we say fussy but I donā€™t sugar coat things, if I donā€™t agree with the herd then so be it as you say taste really is very subjective & many flavours are way overly hyped IMO & some of the most under rated flavours can be exceptional.

8 Likes

Damn @Frunkster thatā€™s exactly WHY you should post more.

8 Likes

And that Mr. Frunkster is why if Iā€™m checking a review on a flavor I look for your reviews first because they tend to be fairly spot on. You are also top 3 on my favorite OG mixers list. Yes even before looking at Session Drummers reviews, sorry SD but its true.

6 Likes

I didnā€™t even know he was putting up notes ā€¦

2 Likes

Yes mabe I should post more here on the forum, but Iā€™m also a bit of an IT spaz & am not very familiar with the format of this forum, heck I canā€™t even figure out how to make a reply with a quote let alone multiple quotes, the format is quite different to other forums I have used.

Brutal honesty is not always well received though speaking from past experience.

& yes I have notes up for over 1k flavours now SD, I usually look for your notes myself when trying to gauge if I really need to think about getting a new flavour.

4 Likes

I am humbled McDuckie, glad they are proving useful to others, I really need to get a fair few more added as well as get stuck back into SFTā€™ing as itā€™s been a long old time, I have 19 flavours sat here for testing I mixed almost a year ago & have just not found the motivation to get stuck back in.

5 Likes

Yeah, the learning curve hit me up pretty bad in the beginning. Iā€™d be glad to help you out.

Well I guess that depends LOL. I think people do like honest opinions, especially if you can explain or detail them a little bit.

Well I appreciate that, and hope they help out somewhat.

2 Likes

@Frunkster piece of cake, once you done it once. All you have to do is highlight the text you want to quote, and ā€œquoteā€ and ā€œshareā€ options appear up top ā€¦

Click the ā€œquoteā€ and it opens up your response box with the text quoted.

Got more to quote, highlight some MORE text ā€¦

Click quote, and it does it again ā€¦

Then you can nav around and post your text above, or below the quotes as needed.

4 Likes

I have no idea where to post this question so here is where Iā€™ve chosen :upside_down_face:
I have a flavor, Murrayā€™s Bridge Custard (FLAVRZ) and other than I the improper way I added it I do not see any other entries for it. Can this be added to the database?
Thank you.

4 Likes