New database error discussion thread

Yeah, I usually use it along with the peace sign as a fair well but in this case, I felt like it was all that was needed. :thinking:

4 Likes

How do you do that? I only see the option of ā€œAdd to Shopping Listā€ on the Flavor List page.

2 Likes

BCF has it on their label now and I noticed that theyā€™re using different labels on some of the flavors I bought. Good case in point of vendors using different names/labeling. Now their Soho says Soho Flavor instead of just plain Soho. It doesnā€™t matter much to me, I just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing by the database and not causing any more headaches.

5 Likes

I included a ā€˜how-toā€™ in the Flavor Stash Guide Here.

5 Likes

I only saw Add to Shopping List because I already had that flavor in my stash. I need to try it with some flavor I donā€™t haveā€¦what the hell could that be? :crazy_face: :rofl:

2 Likes

does anyone knows what happened to Persimmon Spice (Flavorah) ?

4 Likes

I just looked. Itā€™s still there.
Persimmon (Flavorah) ā€“ 751 recipes
Persimmon Spice (Flavorah) ā€“ 4 recipes

4 Likes

Not trying to be a b, but that Persimmon Spice FLV was merged together with Persimmon FLV by someone (so now all those persimmon recipes and reviews are in question; if at least Persimmon Spice was deleted rather than merged with other flavoring). Then someone added Persimmon Spice again.

5 Likes

Another casualty of the duplicates war. When I checked I could tell someone re-added Spice by the name being in lower case, which I changed back.

5 Likes

@TorturedZen I just found a recipe of mine with a 02 (invalid name or unknown brand) message in the recipe calculator. How do I find out what I originally typed in so I can correct it?

7 Likes

Iā€™ve slowly started to type in notes as to what flavor I have in the data base so when it gets merged I can see what I hadā€¦ wish I did this from the beginningā€¦ just noticed I have a chocolate? In my stash that I rated 5 stars but not sure what it was before the Mergeā€¦

5 Likes

The duplicate war may be a problem, but IMO the merging war is doing More harm when all the recipes / notes are merged to the wrong flavorā€¦ personally Iā€™d take the dupes over thatā€¦

6 Likes

If you think you can even come close to doing a better job cleaning the monumental amount of crap in the DB then have at it.

5 Likes

Same thing with Cereal 27 by Cap. Just noticed it shows as 02 Invalid in my flavor stash. I was able to figure out what it was by going through my saved stash spreadsheet and see what was missing. No idea why that would have been a merge or deleted. I added it back but it has less recipes compared to original entry.

the original has 1515 recipes associated to it. the new entry has 14.

5 Likes

Itā€™s a noble effort but Like I said, Iā€™d be ok with the dupes, doesnā€™t effect me at allā€¦

7 Likes

Looking thru the notes for 27, Rin said itā€™s a nice Swedish Fish flavor :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I noticed that too. No idea what thatā€™s about. Other notes mention corn flake, so thatā€™s correct lol.

5 Likes

Once the flavor is merged the notes are merged too, re- entering the flavor in the database probably (most likely) wonā€™t restore the notesā€¦
Itā€™s turning into a shit show IMOā€¦

5 Likes

Itā€™s definitely a never ending battle for sure. TZ and Ken have been doing a thankless job and I know it is frustrating. I think Daath would need to implement a different strategy when it comes to users inputting flavors.

7 Likes

Definitely agree there! :+1:

5 Likes