New DNA 200 Firmware & Profile Settings

UPDATE!

[quote=Nick (Posted 5 hours ago) #670]
We just located a VS200 here that is displaying this behavior and are working as quickly as possible to resolve it. We appreciate everyone’s patience and assistance![/quote]

Go team Evolv!

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up , I am so glad the Vapor Shark didn’t draw the short straw to be the tester!:smile:
I only downloaded the file on the Protovapor Silo and it is vaping like a rock star so far.
I must admit though the little SDNA 75 I got in the mail today is going to be a great addition to the family!
I built an Aromamizer V1 with a fused 316L clapton and it is impressing the hell out of me with the six factory loaded 316L SS profiles.This is the longest I have been able to run SS in T/C mode in any of my other DNA200 mods (8).
I honestly didn’t think the single 18650 would be much for battery life but the 30Q is doing great!
Sorry @Sprkslfly the “Like” nazi says I have to wait before I can like your post so I will give you this!
:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

Same happened to me on my efusion battery meter went to 0% but plugged it in over night and it fully charged. I use ss and I guess it works a little better it hasent kicked in temp protection after taking a good 3 second pull. But will report back haven’t got to mess with it much.

1 Like

I updated last night on a Reuleaux and an Efusion. Built one of the TF-RTA G4’s with 26ga 316L SS. I had another identical build on another Efusion that wasn’t updated.

The update made a definite change to SS - unless I have some type of build integrity issue with either tank, which I don’t believe is the case. The old firmware seems to get hot after a second or so into the drag. The new firmware is very consistent in comparison, and doesn’t get those hot jumps. I’m happy with this for sure, although haven’t really checked out the new Escribe features. I’m just glad Evolv is working to meet customer needs. If only all TC mods were this good!

5 Likes

Totally agree

I just finished both of my VT133’s and after doing the first one I compared them in device monitor. The updated one had a perfectly smooth temperature line on the graph and the one without the update did not.

I did have to remove the batteries on both to get the battery indicator to work properly again. After that they are working much better for SS316 than before the update.

6 Likes

That was my concern with updating the Efusions because of reading about other’s issues. That mod has the internal LiPo pack. But fortunately for both Efusion and Reuleaux the battery level remained as before the upgrade. I only have the Hotcig to be concerned with now but it has a removable LiPo pack so if there is an issue hopefully pulling and reinstalling will help. I’ll post if that’s not the case

4 Likes

So far so good , I haven’t had any issues and I have now updated all except for the Vapor Shark and the Axis.I will wait until we get the recommended status before doing these two!:grinning:
I can’t say that I see much change when using the Titanium @Pro_Vapes Deep Water build as it wasn’t having any issues as of late but the Temp control on SS is much smoother no doubt.

@Whiterose0818 , have you tried the new file yet? In case you haven’t kept up to date do not update your Vapor Shark yet!

2 Likes

which new file? sorry, ive been so into the pwm build thing, i can hardly pay attention to anything else…

2 Likes

In the first post (by @Ken_O_Where) there’s a wonderful little direct link to an early release software update, which also includes a firmware update (mostly for the handling/accuracy of SS, but not limited to)!

2 Likes

I figured you was still PWMing !:blush:
As @Sprkslfly mentioned we have a new Evolv Firmware out for the DNA200 as well as the new 60,75 and the new 250. The file is posted at the top of this thread by Ken_O_Where
It controls SS better in T/C and we now have watts in our material tab that we can use for a profile.
The only issues that are known so far are with the Vapor Shark DNA200 , I would not replace the firmware on it yet.

1 Like

You know what is weird? The link that i pasted wasnt actually the direct DL link, it was to the forum topic. Second time in the last few days that a link i posted did something unintended.

So i installed everything, did a soft reboot to fix the battery issue. Vaping with 24g 316L dual coil @ .3ohms and 500F*. Now when i use TC the display on my VT says 500F* until i hit the button then it displays some crazy ass number, like 406938F*, or OFF, but only with this RDA (Black Troll V2). The SS version of the Troll V2 with the same build has no issues. I took the RDA completely apart, USC vodka bath, reassembled, rebuilt and same stuff. When i connect it to escribe and use the device manager it displays the proper temp. I havent got a clue, it wouldnt be a big deal if i wasnt so freaking anal about stuff like this.

What happened to the tab where i could UL batt CSV’s?

1 Like

Interesting that the link changed.

As for the one tank vs the other, I’m kind of thinking that perhaps the anodized (or whatever method: electroplating, etc) coating is playing a part in things when comparing to your all SS tank. Just a thought. Two remedies come to mind (as off the cuff) 1. clean the threads/connection points with alcohol, and 2. Possibly “resurface” the base of the painted mod (where the bottom makes contact with the mod deck) with some very fine sandpaper (400 grit or better) to make sure that you have a rock solid ground point.

I’m guessing that’s somewhere in one of the new “modules” that they’ve referenced. (again just a guess)

2 Likes

Thanks for the input, ill keep searching. Not really a big deal on the Black Troll V2, vapes perfectly fine a 75w. But because i am some tarded about these things ill have to switch to the SS for this mod, hehe.

1 Like

I hear you. I’m the same way about ‘details’ like this. The technician in me just isn’t happy until it’s right. Never mind the perfectionist asshole who’s always adding his two cents in on top of the technician’s. Rofl

2 Likes

Mine done the same and I have heard others with that issue on the older releases.
I reverted mine back to the old file and then reinstalled the newest firmware and haven’t had the issue again.I went in and changed a couple of settings on my Ti profile and added the watts feature as one of my profiles just so I could tell at a glance if it loaded.

I am missing that as well as the ability to change my Watt Hours . I am sure that @Sprkslfly is correct and this will be in one of the new “modules” they speak of.

2 Likes

Go to option on the top in the drop down move to user interface in the drop down click on Manufacturer and then the MOD folder will appear like it was before the update.

6 Likes

Many thanks!

3 Likes

Well slapped couple ss 316 coils in the Boresa 24 GA 2.5 center none space just for giggles put some cotton to it I like it. 8 rap .15 build excellent Flatline now my Opus DNA 200 rocks with SS And with the deadline the folks must have been really busy at evolv to get it out in time they did it with two days to spare what a great job and it works great .on my oldest Opus DNA200 60000 puffs

4 Likes

Good news! Have you experienced any issue(s) with the battery meter?

Yes I just do a soft reboot and it’s back that’s nothing compared to the plus side of things I seem to be finding I don’t want to say much tell I am sure

2 Likes