NEW Flavorah flavors 2019!

No worries @Laura5. Life does get in the way sometimes :smile: I have some good advice from @anon84779643 and now yourself and yeah, will share results for sure. Might take a while though. Not as talented as some which is self evident as I’ve been trying to nail this Ginger Beer thing for about 18 months off and on. I’ll get there one day hopefully. Thanks again. Cheers…

6 Likes

show off someof your attempts, @Dardy… Im sure someone will pop up with some ideas…

If I was doing one… I might go like this

.6% Root beer
.8% Citrus Soda
.2% Ginger
.2% Lime
.12% Lime wedge
.8% Cream

For something a bit more stout… :wink:
I could even see me adding some cherries in it… (latest omg tasty bits!)

5 Likes

Not to thread cap, but with citrus soda blowing up and a lot more “drink” recipies this year than any other year by a mile if you want a supposed true gem that nobody knows about it’s Nicotine River’s Lemon Lime Soda – How that will play with FLV’s version, who knows, but that flavor I guess blows away WF’s version which has the same name. NR’s site doesn’t even have a review on it yet along with notes, but I thought I’d pass it along and I’ll do a single flavor test for you guys if interested in 2 weeks, or 2 months depending on how long it takes for NR to send me a package.

3 Likes

hmm… will just stick to my flv citrus soda… I do way too many things with it…
I just don’t shop on nic rivers site… a few personal reasons…

but if you like the flavor, go for it… that is what counts :slight_smile:

Not that I have to give permission or anything… I just post up on what all I mix occasionally…

Meantime… starch base really fills out the donuts flv has, and top it with either coffee or toffee… even maple bar… ding ding… winner winner! :smiley:

2 Likes

hey vaping fam! Back bar bitters is really stumping me. I’m having a hard time vaping it, all I’m tasting is a woody sweetness. Am I missing something? I don’t believe it’s a bad flavor I’m just having a hard time picking it apart. Help! Has anyone pinned this one down yet?

2 Likes

For bar back bitters, what was your range? How low did you start and how high?

It’s a true bitter, with a hella lot of bite…

I left a recipe here in the thread…

along with a recipe I worked it with… the after effect of the bitters will make your tounge remember it well… I do advise start at .12% (of course using the 50 drops per ml, makes it 1 drop per 10ml) and the highest at .4%…

Taking it up too high, yes you get the woodsy almost orange effect.

If used with any sort of sour (amaretto especially) you will want to keep it low. (.12%) due to how acidic it will interact.

4 Likes

I used it at 1%, because when I smelled it I could tell that it was going to be super duper strong. I did the single flavor test, like I do with all of these… Thank you so much for your advice!
I’m going to have to mix up a lighter batch, so I can get the real taste. So, it’s not supposed to be a woody flavor at all?

3 Likes

I always tell folks… start low… low to me with FLV is typically .12% which comes to 2 drops per 10ml or .04g/.04ml , you can tell what a flavor does starting at that low point where you can start (not actually taste) then find where you taste it, then… by .2% or 3 drops per 10ml or .06g/.06ml

As additives goes, less is more… higher you go, the wackier the taste.Bar Back Bitters is not a taste to be woody, it is a bitter additive… like Pucker is a sour additive.

Sometimes you need to do some research for flavors to gain an idea on what it is, or ask someone, if you can not find the answer out… Trust me, I do search myself as well. :+1:

If you took time to watch Christian’s vids, you can tell, you do not need much, and you don’t need to let these sit forever to figure out what it is :slight_smile: He did great… but lol like us all questions should he redo the vids too… Guess it is why I love to brag about the vids, because he took the time to listen, to try and it worked… Not trying to put you down, Laura… but know I am always around to help you find the answers :slight_smile:

Here are the links again…

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

3 Likes

@anon84779643 I gotta say with all the screamers, showboats, and fucktards on youtube trying to command attention, Christian has got to be one of my MOST watched Youtubers. Unassuming, honest, and smart at what he does. Great links/vids, and like you are always saying start low. Realizing I’m referencing Alpine SB, the first video @ 08:58 is too damned priceless. Great stuff, and great way to drive a point home with, IMO, one of the great DIY guys out there.

6 Likes

He had been listening to me for a while, @SessionDrummer and decided to prove he could back up what I say… with all the over flavoring going on… it’s a wonder no lie we all can taste anything at all :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh the truth you speak !!!

2 Likes

I have to agree with you there. I too have been guilty of over flavouring.
It has only been with the advice gleaned from you, and others, that I have come to realise that less is indeed more with some brands of flavour concentrates.

4 Likes

Less has always been more, issue is people tend to make a lot of excuses instead of just getting on with it… Mixing should be fun and shared with friends… but you should be able to understand a few points… so your friends have better than average juice.

It’s not all toss flavor a with b and c and because Suzie uses x at 3% then that is the standard…
NO!! Mix for your tongue… keep it happy and you might be surprised your amounts are either higher or lower than Suzie Q sitting in the corner and shrilling shitty juice :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeppers @Tworrs even drops matter :wink:

4 Likes

Absolutely. I can’t seem to get past the odd note in flv bakery flavors. Grr. One drop over on fried dough or others and I’m burnt yeasty. Lol.

4 Likes

Does anyone have an answer regarding the profile of this flavor…

3 Likes

Does this mean do it your way because it’s better? Or as the second quote states, mix to your palette and how you like things to taste?

3 Likes

Nopes… You can mix however you want, Laura… Go as high or as low, use all the flavors or none…
You should know that by now… I have always said that and this.

Cherry picking instead of shaking the whole tree only gets you so far.

Count your drops per ml, see how many drops in so much volume you find you like… Your own tongue will never lie to you, but if you are just tossing numbers willie nilly, it is what you will get, a sloppy recipe.

4 Likes

At least I did give you my reply for your question for Bar Back Bitters too… Im sure if you pull up the flavor, there might be public notes, but I never do public notes on each flavor there… and I need to update my website… will get to it eventually…

Here is the link, so you can read the many notes on it, find recipes and see who else left anything at all public about it.

2 Likes

In general…?

2 Likes

In general ? < what?

2 Likes