NEW Flavorah flavors 2019!

Drops for thought…

if anyone is struggling with the Bar Back Bitters… remember this:
https://greenbardistillery.com/barkeepbitters/

try it with only 1-3 drops per 30ml…
It has enhanced the strawberry lime margarita I have going on… it wont taste like much as all… but it is an enhancer flavor… use sparingly!

I will be releasing a few recipes for it… tonight, it is very nice! <3

9 Likes

After 2 days… I have to say this is just tasty!! I could add in some coconut, but so far, it’s good…
the citrus is a bit more noticeable, perhaps pineapple could comedown a hair, maybe add in some raspberry to make the strawberry even better… but overall, if this is what the bitters do, I like it!

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/2964178/Smoky%20Blue's%20Strawberry%20Margarita

7 Likes

have you done anything with the starch yet?

4 Likes

Just got this email:

11 Likes

Ugh. You folks are killing me here!
Nice post.

8 Likes

yea, im making a shopping list now…not that I need it

6 Likes

Not my fav… I should have kept it really simple… but I can taste something funky going on in there… this is the second rendition, first one I was too high on mango and sb… starch base will grow and gain like hard to believe, but like a gloss, and the “starch/rice” to me grows a bit stronger… I can see this in cheesecakes, pretzels, fruits and even tobaccos… odd… and I need more… I am almost out of flavors!

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/2960669/Smoky+Blue%27s+Mango+Rice+Pudding+%28Pod+Mod%29

7 Likes

Hello starch-based! How are you?
Damn good, that’s what you are!
STARCH BASE
This one has an incredible smell. When I opened bottle it was very yeasty and reminded me of fresh-baked rolls. Upon inhale I get nutty undertones, buttery and sweet with a raw bitterness. It has hints of milk and honey. This flavor would pair well with nuts, creams, breads and other bakery recipes.
Edit: all of these new flavors are tested at 2%, which is only because it is a middle ground for flavorah flavors. Most of them will obviously be better or worse at 2% but I like to keep it streamlined.

9 Likes

Keep it on the low… 1% is good… .6-.8% might even be better, as I found out it does “grow”… 2% is way too much in this and even my 1% mix I have is like wow!!! I do like how it mingles with the mango in my recipe… but I could go even lower with it… I will have to comeback to it in a few days and do some final adjusting… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yeah, I did do an edit on my previous post. But I can see how this one would manifest over time.

6 Likes

Great notes @anon84779643. Thanks very much for sharing these.

9 Likes

More than welcome @SessionDrummer :slight_smile:
I kind of slacked off a bit this weekend… but do not think I am not tinkering…

New recipe here I am trying out and again with the smoothie base… keep hoping I toss it around it might do something for me… not sure what is up… could just be me… who knows??

6 Likes

Finally!! Pink fruit figured out… try this one and see how you think it rolls…
I think I like it right here as a base for the watermelon candy. with the cotton candy, mm van and cream… perfection! Its not your normal jolly rancher, I think a touch of pucker, 1-3 drops in 30, might bring out a bit of tart… but if pucker won’t work for you, try a combo of malic and citric acid, .2% each… :wink:

6 Likes

Damn you! I was thinking that it will taste like white rice, after reading starch base, or whatever potato that’s out there.

Thinking I can ignore it since I have VTA rice base, which is literally cooked plain white rice!

Now that you mentioned baked roll, I have to put it on my list :frowning: thank you for that lol :hugs:

So it’s more like (fa) joy, and (fa) zeppola but better ? :wink:

Thank you smoky, jazzy and of course Laura for the notes. Looking forward too reading the updates in the next couple of days.

9 Likes

I get a light grain like a rice in certain amounts… then I get a glossy (really hard to explain!!!) bready yeasty dough but not dough around 2% but… at .12% its used more like an additive, 3 days at 12% its hints… 5 days… its the light grainy cant really tell what… around .6% its coming in a bit better, still a what is this… blends nicely with mango… :smiley: lacks cream or pudding… but once added in… oh yes… def a must have to play with, @eStorm

I think i might have had a few off days testing, so expect other notes to come out later this weekend. Not sure what was wrong with me, but all I can say is body chemistry is what I suspect. I know I have issues with my heart, and have a new Dr… appointment is coming soon. I know that certain drugs, even taking vitamins can throw off taste and smell… and pollen is here too now, go me!

8 Likes

Man, this one had me baffled. It took me the whole 10 mL to really get a fix on this thing. So here’s the skinny on smoothie base.

SMOOTHIE BASE
This is a very light flavor even though I tested it at 2%. When I opened the container of juice, It smelled strongly of orange cream. The inhale offers light citrus notes, not tangy just a sweet citrus flavor. I also taste a tartness, perhaps some lemon? There is a exotic quality to this flavor. By this I mean something similar to the soursop or cherimoya that this line offers. None of these individual flavors are overwhelming but they blend really nicely. I do believe this would make an excellent base to a smoothie or drink mix.

9 Likes

Okay, I haven’t fully got a bead on the jammy berry. But wowzers. I already have ideas. Maybe add blueberry, raspberry and some type of melon? Maybe the honeydew. (Also haven’t tested)
Who’s tested this??? What’s your opinions???

7 Likes

Apparently I like it a lot! :stuck_out_tongue: the recipes so far…

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/list?q=honeydew&filter=28997

Definitely not happy with the mango rice pudding… but have put it off to toy with later.
The rest did not last me a week and I need to make more… :joy:

7 Likes

Hi @anon84779643 . Just curious how these are steeping out after a couple of weeks. Are you still feeling the need to up your percentages or are they ramping up with time?

7 Likes

some of them, example: Starch base and citrus soda, for me, grow… so scale back to 1% and under with them… I still can not fully grasp smoothie base, but I think it might be a body chemistry thing, perhaps… the rest… from .4% and up will work nicely…

I still love the sweet and smoky tobacco at 1.5% but it can be used from .6% up to around 2%… any higher and that plum will twerk your nose! :slight_smile:

I really love both the tequila and the gin… and I have had to replace all of my flavors already… I do suggest to still… start low and find your own spots with these flavors… I know they will effect us all in different ways…

Please do not jack the cola up… my 2% cola was actually getting more sugary and at least to me, was fading after a week… I saw someone had used it at 7% already and it’s just not needed… :slight_smile:

9 Likes