NEW Flavorah flavors 2019!

Snag it Laura, you are so missing out. from .4% up to 1.2% sometimes even 1.6% depending on what you mix it with. Think matcha green tea with ginger peach, a big blob of cream and 2 tiny touches of lemongrass, or elder flower, yes please. Teas are excellent with it as the ginger (specially the thai tea) enhances the tea rather than the ginger standing up and out. excellent with tobaccos and even nuts.

The taste of ginger peach as a solo, once steeps is more of a spiced lightly, lemon peachy golden in taste colorsā€¦ will go nice with any other yellow fruits, or even opposites like that gorgeous red raspberry, even spike it with lime! I find that liquid taste right there happens around .8% - 1.2%

Texture of it only increases as the amounts increase, and used with coconut and dragon fruit, will liquefy and itā€™s just delish!

As far as steep times, even with creams and nuts, I let all of my juices only go from 3 days to 5 daysā€¦ anything longer, I feel I waste on flavors done too high. Hope this helps! :smile:

4 Likes

For me as a single flavor it tasted artificial. I quickly determined I would be more pleased by mixing some INW Peach and NF Ginger together myself.

7 Likes

Seeing this is a flv thread lolā€¦

Try ginger and peach Flavorah togetherā€¦ however, we all taste things differentā€¦ each to your own :stuck_out_tongue:

I did not have any kind of artificial tasteā€¦ I actually like my peaches soaked in ginger, and then add in some Killianā€™s Red or a Corona with limeā€¦ for a food taste to understand how close @Flavorah created this flavor.

3 Likes

This one kind of stumped me. It is definitely not the type of flavor that I normally use. So I really had to dig deep to solve the mystery!
ROSE ESSENCE
First, Iā€™d like to explain the smell of it. It has a very strong perfume smell. Like the type of perfume your grandma would use. But, flavorah has a way of making an amazing tasting juice that just smells awful.
I automatically let this one steep for a few days. Right away, I noticed it was a very mellow flavor. A lot of the notes were very subtle and complementary. There is natural or earthy taste to it. Not like dirt, but it smells like outside. But then, you get a splash of the softest hint of a flower.
I believe this one would be an excellent add to a tobacco or tea mix. I did test this one at 2% and I feel like it does have room for a higher percentage if needed.

4 Likes

It works exceptionally well with jammy berry and red raspberry.
I worked on this one with the diydu crew for a competition against the fog vlog. Steep time was a factor in choosing the creams if we were given a bit more time the FW Bav would have been changed out but as it it is a very nice mix

5 Likes

Oh wow! That is so cool to know! That recipe looks yummy!! Thanks for the amazing and very much welcomed new flavor feedbackšŸ˜€

5 Likes
5 Likes

BLACK CURRENT
This one smells very sweet. About twenty-four hours into the steep time I tasted honey and lemon grass. It made a bitter-sweet/rich combo. As the days went by, I started tasting the darker part of this flavor. Between my husband and I, We decided it was very similar to the black clove cigarettes. Edit: This was tested at 2%. This is not a stand-alone flavor.
This is Amazing because I really think I could use this in a recipe. I was thinking of pairing it with a tobacco or maybe a creamy fruit
Any suggestions would be excellent as I have no experience working with this flavor profile!

3 Likes

Are you using the rda??
Did you try this solo, like a few drops in 10ml to get the jist of black current, or you just went and made a recipe, and if so, what was the recipe? Adding unknown flavorings into other flavors, you will get surprising results, when you havent a clue what it is like as a soloā€¦ Try it again all by itself at .8% and see what you getā€¦

Its a twangy black tart red berryā€¦ :wink:

Donā€™t let anyone else read thisā€¦ I can see it nowā€¦ black current tobacco gesh!

2 Likes

I am using a uforce 2. It is a sub ohm tank. I always Test new flavors as single flavor first. I also use 2% as a constant since it is middle ground for most flavors from flavorah. Thatā€™s how Iā€™ve done it for every new flavorah flavor Iā€™ve received early. I stayed consistent with this pattern Because it keeps my reviews more uniform.
the tobacco part is totally a personal observation. That is also something I do for most of the new flavors. I am just a novice trying to get better at what I do when I mix,

2 Likes

I sent you an rda so you can test out flavorsā€¦
Most people test new flavors in rdasā€¦ rather than thanks, as for the variances of flavor between the 2.
there is a huge difference between an rda and a tankā€¦

If you look at my flavor usage with flavorah, I never take many other than maybe lemonade up to 2% or even beyond. I have tried to help you out, Lauraā€¦ I am in no way picking on youā€¦

Please take some time, watch these vids and perhaps since I can not seem to reach youā€¦ this might help even more.

Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dBurOts9G4

Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouvvMQQRpUs

Part 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4qJKIc3qQI

It is also suggested to change your coil in between new flavorsā€¦

I never just go ahead and mix up a recipeā€¦ as I want to know what changes it could go thru, and how I like it from the lowest to the highestā€¦

byw Dark Current is a stand alone, and very nice with just a couple drops of Ice.

3 Likes

No, I have absorbed everything you have said since you became a member of ELR. I have tried the very low percent method. But it does not hold up to the test of time. I mixed 500ml bottles of mine and my husbandā€™s favorite juices. We rotate Between 3 to 7 of these bottles for 3 months plus. Some of them end up lasting more than 6 months. It takes a lot of time for me to think up my recipes. Iā€™ve only been mixing for 3 years.
we do throw in 50 ml bottles of my new juice recipes while Iā€™m perfecting them. honestly, Iā€™ve already lost enough confidence since I first started being active on this site. I do understand that flavorah is a line that has very strong flavors. I think my recipes are at a reasonable percent based on how many flavors I use for the recipe.
Iā€™ve even adjusted recipes because I know less is more. And that Happened because of the 500ml bottles and how they developed over time.
we did private message about the RDA you sent us. My husband does all the coil building. And heā€™s only been building coils for a couple years. So heā€™s still learning as well. Thatā€™s how we run our personal vaping system in this house.
I also know that RDA is a more popular way to test flavors. but, since sub ohming is my preferred method of vaping, thatā€™s how I test flavorsā€¦

6 Likes

I have been mixing for over 10 yrsā€¦ posting only in the last 3+ yrs here but longer on vu, ecf and a few other places. My recipes are shared world wideā€¦

If you like a tank, coolā€¦ if you like to sub ohmā€¦ you can in either a tank or a dripper.
A dripper is the best, not just a popular way to test flavors.
You should be learning on coil building, especially since your hubby has been doing it for a few years nowā€¦ :slight_smile: and you want to solo taste test your flavors. That way you are not waiting for fresh coils. I hate to have to wait on mail just to get suppliesā€¦ but I guess we all manage, eh?

I make sure all of my recipes work for tanks, drippers and pods.
Not many can or will try to do that.
Too much flavor for me, is just too much. Itā€™s a flavor waste to me, but if you like to do that, keep at itā€¦

I wish you the best. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have been reading some of the threads here, and I will give my 2 cents which is worth maybe 1 cent. Lol
I am not the best at giving adequate flavor notes to other mixers, I know what i taste, and it just clicks in my head how it should go and where. One of my goals is to be better at verbalizing my thoughts on flavors so I can share with others.
As a mixer I enjoy reading others thoughts on flavors, but I think it is important if you are sharing your flavor notes you should also share what you tested the flavor on. I have started trying to do that with my recipes, so people know what i am getting my flavor from. From RDA to RDA flavor is so different. Some are just cloud blowing rdas, some are definitely flavor banging rdas. So that is why I always like to know what someone tested a flavor on. Like I said. My 2 cents. :smiley:

8 Likes

@Laura5 Iā€™ve never had great luck with RDAā€™s, and test all my flavors and mixes in a Steam Crave RDTA (tank). Works great, and has accurate flavor.

3 Likes

I prefer to test in my daily go tos, single coil rtas. I will drip at least once if I think I might want to have a more versatile mix.

4 Likes

I think the main issue is sampling a new flavorā€¦ how to?

Run it max strength?? noā€¦
To make better recipesā€¦ start extremely lowā€¦ take a ton of notesā€¦ where does this flavor at this spot sit? Is it true to the name, and what the heck is a __ fill in the blank __. It is hard to solo taste test a flavor you do not eat or know exactly what it isā€¦ I give it thatā€¦ but if you read up on those you do not know, and you are tasting something not exactly in that description, chances are, you are using it way too high. This is why I say again, start mega lowā€¦ work upā€¦ find where you (not me) like a flavorā€¦ where it could fit in to a recipe or what wonā€™t go with itā€¦ it all matters. The more you play with your solos the better you get to know them and can finally enjoy putting recipes together. :slight_smile:

Iā€™d hate to see Alpine, Rich cinnamon or Ginger be vaped at 2%ā€¦ and some like lemonade, others push too far tooā€¦ if you flavor push, it has more of a chance to fade, mute and just to become nastyā€¦

Years ago, people used to mix in tanksā€¦ but doing that is hard to replicate into a juiceā€¦ I wont say impossibleā€¦ if you are great with math, it is possibleā€¦ but a 10ml bottle is just fine. if you dont have that, then improviseā€¦ use scales to stay accurate, and know how many drops are in a ml of the brand you are using (there is 50 drops per ml in flv) and it does make a difference. It can turn your good mixes into fantasticā€¦ ask anyone that follows me. I do believe you are only as good as the tools and flavors you mix withā€¦ use the knowledge and work it for yourself to see.

This not only is good for @Flavorah but for other companies too. :slight_smile:

I typically only make a 30ml of juiceā€¦ if I have to remake that bottle a few times, then it will go to my 4oz bottlesā€¦ and next a 8oz or a 16mlā€¦ dependingā€¦ I have gotten now to where I rather like my juices lasting maybe a weekā€¦ itā€™s just me vaping, I have no one else to vape along with me, other than the rest of you guys hereā€¦ orā€¦ if I am doing any sort of commercial type mixingā€¦ soā€¦ :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Preface: I received some amazing advice. after this set of new flavors, I will be testing each flavor at varying percents. I canā€™t change my system for this set ,unfortunately. I already have all the rest of the bottles made up for the remaining flavors. I am looking forward to refining my system so I can give the most accurate descriptions possible for my skill-set.

HONEYDEW
This is extremely comparable to the actual fruit. I can taste the rind as well as the semi-bitter sweetness that a perfectly ripened honeydew offers . I love the creamy mouthfeel. They hit the nail on the head with this one!
This is a bolder flavor than I expected. One percent or less depending on the usage in a recipe.

4 Likes
2 Likes

CITRUS SODA
I fell in love at first hit, literally .
It smells very tart, with a strong lime accent. It tastes much better after a week or two of steep time. It is very harsh as a shake and vape. When vaped, lime and lemon are present. This one definitely morphs into a bitter mess if it is used above 1%.

7 Likes