NEW Flavorah Flavors Reviewed by SessionDrummer -- TESTING NOW!

Creamsicle (Flavorah) 1.25% / 2.5% (2-26-23) – Dedicating this flavor review out to @Chrispdx, my favorite creamsicle stalker. Smelling this in the bottle it smelled SPOT ON, and tasting it, revealed exactly the same. This is/was probably the most accurate orange creamsicle flavor I have tested to date. The creamy vanilla ice cream was almost perfectly paired with and equally good orange, with a slight tangerine finish which not only gave it a twist, but helped it break through the aforementioned vanilla creamy-ness. The two main notes were very evenly paired, and so much so, that you really couldn’t tell which was in the lead. The on rush of the sweet, creamy vanilla ice cream carried through till the finish, and the orange/tangerine ramped up from the middle to end. At times I thought I might be getting a hint of orange/tangerine citrus oil, which just made it even more authentic. If you’ve ever eaten an orange creamsicle, you will be enjoying it all over again with this one. @ 1.25% it felt like it needed more presence, so I doubled it to 2.5%, and it did increase, but not linearly. At the double weight (and lower), there were no off-notes, and nothing to distract you from the experience. Even doubled, it was still a somewhat lighter flavor, so if needed, you could boost up the ice cream and/or orange if needed. It was just above mid-level sweet, and I had a really hard time marking this one down, with the only minor thing being a somewhat relaxed flavor. For a dead on accurate orange creamsicle, you won’t want to be without this one. 9.6/10.

16 Likes

Thanks buddy. For sure has me thinking about the possibilities.

4 Likes

I found one here in Pa. last year when I realized that I needed to build a stash and also not rely on drop in coil tanks.
Thank you for the pics, I’ll have to give verticals a try soon.
I recently tried a vert in the og Serpent and it’s working really well, though I’m still playing around to find the best way to wick it (outside!).

9 Likes

Looks really god @gloopdegurp. You found an original SteamCrave RDTA v.1 in a shop ??

7 Likes

Yep! (I think it is?)
Only with the two post deck though. (and pre built coil)

8 Likes

Oh yes that’s a SCORE @gloopdegurp. Looks like a v.1 6ml. I did a VERY brief stint with the pre-built coils, and back in the day, I think they were 3 post, which was really for horizontal coils, THEN, they released the 2 post Velocity deck, and THAT, as they say, was the END of that.

7 Likes

Dulce De Leche (Flavorah) 1.25% – This one was, and still is somewhat of a mystery to me, and after 3 testers, I’m STILL figuring it out. First off, it was good, REAL good, BUT, it wasn’t like a DDL, at least like I expected. Most times when you test as much as I do, and you JUST fill up and taste, sometimes a flavor needs some time to “settle in”, before you can really get a good sense of it. This one WAS like that, and at first, I could have sworn it was a cinnamon bun, wrapped up in a deliciously sweet creamy blanket. I even double checked the bottle, just to make sure. As the flavor “settled in”, it transformed into more sweet and creamy, BUT, the cinnamon bun undertones never left. What was interesting was that I did get a good caramel, BUT, it was NOT the top note, and nor was the milk. Both were there, but almost like supporting characters, very present, but NOT the main star. Perhaps I was over thinking the cinnamon, and while in no way overpowering, just really kept me going back to a cinnamon bun just drenched in sweet creameries, with caramel, and light milk undertones. At times I wondered if it was more of a Mexican Cajeta, BUT, without the goat milk. Wow, this one WAS good, and very rich and satisfying at only 1.25%. While not what I had expected, it was a VERY good flavor, and dare I say, almost perfect by itself. No off-notes, and a few ticks above mid level sweet, this Creamy, Caramely, Milky, Cinnamon Bunny flavor was far more than I had expected. If any of the aforementioned appeals to you, you may want to pick this unique one up. Struggling with the scoring comparing to the more traditional DDL’s I’ve had, it was just too hard to knock this one down. Leaving it very high @ 9.85/10.

13 Likes

Thanks!
At least in the USA, it wouldn’t hurt to check out some of the older shops to see what might still be hanging around.
I know they gave me a discount on it since it was older stock but I can’t remember right now how much it was.
I even found a Goon 1.5 at another place, though there wasn’t an accessory bag in the pouch. I got a little discount on that as well.
(still wasn’t really cheap)
Apologies for off topic!

6 Likes

I seldom actually go into any shops, at least in my area, they seem to just want to move whatever product they get cheap, and/or pods, pods, and more pods as of late. I am pretty good with my ninja google skills, and the original SC’s are becoming harder to find for sure.

7 Likes

Golden Kiwi (Flavorah) 1.5% / 2.25% (3-2-23) – When starting to test this one @ 1.5% although good, it felt a little flat, and lacking “pizzaz”, so I increased it to 2.25% where it started to shine a bit more. More punch, pizzaz, and sparkle. Having never eaten a “golden” but tested 1, maybe 2 others I was somewhat familiar with the GK fruit. Missing were much/many of the typical Kiwi “green” notes, but a solid center of the Kiwi body was here. It was far mellower than most of my goto “green” Kiwis, and overall this was a somewhat relaxed flavor, even at the higher 2.25% rate. Good, fresh, with some slight sparkly, bright notes on the finish. At both testing weights there were no off-notes, florals, etc., and was was below mid level sweet. On my testing setup, the flavor had SOME juicy-ness, but ALSO, some dry-ness if that makes any sense. Overall, I think the best way to describe it would be a somewhat mellow, Kiwi, that centered around the mid notes, with a smidge of sparkle, and brightness on the finish. It presented as very natural, and fresh, and about the only takeoff would be for a somewhat “mellow”-ness, WHICH could have been by design and/or in keeping with it’s “Golden” nature. Not the strongest flavor, and above 2.0% is where it started to open up. It felt solidly placed at 8.0/10.

17 Likes

Grapefruit Blend (Flavorah) 1.5% (3-2-23) – A little sweeter, and smoother than I had expected, and a hint of lime, were the immediate take-aways on this flavor. At first I thought maybe Flavorah had tempered in a little “pink” to try and tone down what can sometimes be an “aggressive” yellow grapefruit, but the more I tested, I didn’t truly get much pink. It smelled just spot on in the bottle, almost like you’d just cut into a fresh grapefruit, and tasting it, it was a little sweeter and mellow-er. Now, even with that slight change from smelling to tasting, it still portrayed a very natural, somewhat juicy yellow grapefruit, JUST without some of the punch. It had plenty of the main juicy body, with all of the little dividers, and you could almost smell the zest, citrus oil that is released when you peel one. Whether or not the slight tempering (or taming) some of what could have been more aggressive notes is to your needs will depend. I’ve never seen or tried (if it/they exist), but it made me wonder what canned (in light syrup) grapefruit sections would taste like. At 1.5% it was good, but MIGHT be able to be pushed a little higher, maybe 2.0% without hitting the ceiling. It was just above mid level sweet, and did finish with a rather complex citrus sparkle which was primarily a light lime note. Not a lot, but just a little bit. All in, a pretty impressive, natural tasting yellow grapefruit, slightly mellowed/tempered into a nice sweet non-aggressive package, with just a hint of lime on the finish. It felt very good @ 8.85/10.

16 Likes

Tuning to the hundredth, when 8.8 is little and 8.9 is a lot… Just kidding SD, thanks for the revisions…

7 Likes

LOL thanks @Gus6. It ain’t easy being me. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Guava Dark Berry (Flavorah) 1.5% (3-3-23) – This one was one of my favs when first cracking the bottles, so let’s see it it continued to be. At first taste, there was NO confusing you had Guava in here, nice, juicy, pink guava in spades, AND, at only 1.5% Tempered in BELOW that was a very mysterious dark berry medley, that had an almost “jammy” quality to it/them. The ratio between the two main notes favored the pink guava at maybe 60% pink guava, 40% dark berries. At times I almost wished it had been more 50/50 just to help REVEAL what the dark berry medley was, BUT, in hindsight, it kept it more interesting, with it just below clear detection. The pink guava was very juicy, and had a fair amount of “punch” and “tang”, and the dark berry medley, tempered it down just a bit. Although even after 3 testers I was no closer to identifying the black berry medley BUT it’s effect was def. there. If you think that a juicy pink guava, tempered by a delicious dark berry medley is up your ally, this one WILL get it done for you. No off notes, and just at mid level sweet, this one again, was hard to kick down. Solidly placing it @ 9.5/10.

15 Likes

Sounds like an interesting mix, though with 60% Pink Guava in the profile must mean that it’s rather dilute in this concentrate: Particularly as I consider taking it above 0.15% as risking it being too dominate in a recipe.

This definitely one I will play with soon.

8 Likes

@SquirrelSmash the 60% guava mentioned was my approximation of the ratio of guava, to dark berries. I’m assuming Flavorah kept the DBM (Dark Berry Medley) lower on purpose, as it kept it shrouded in a mysterious jammy blend, avoiding specific detection.

6 Likes

Hibiscus Sweet (Flavorah) 1% (3-5-23) – While never drinking, tasting, OR testing anything Hibiscus, we’re going it here today. With no direct comparisons to pull from I’ll just explain how this one tasted. Firstly, it was lightly floral (in a GOOD way), with some fruity undertones, that was both tart, and sweet. That literally sums it up, hehe, BUT, let’s continue. This was a very unique flavor for me, and it proved to be a lighter flavor, but still very interesting. At 1% it was light, yet present, and the florals (intentional) were in no way off-putting, and actually worked to push and pull the underlying fruity-ness. While the fruit/fruity-ness could not really be identified, it’s presence was tasted and worked nicely along side the light florals. Because it was a lighter flavor, it could be run over by heavier flavors in a mix, but it mixed judiciously I think you could really have some great successes. While not sharp or punchy per se, it was a brighter flavor, that would favor fruits, citrus, and maybe even beverages, where it could be blended, and used to accentuate supporting flavors. All in, it was a very good unique flavor, and even while lighter, I could see numerous uses for it’s lightly floral/fruity notes. No off notes, bad florals, or any take offs with this one, other than being a lighter flavor. Surprised me, and it felt great @ 9.3/10.

14 Likes

It sounds like a hibiscus which would lend itself more to candied, gummy and teas when compared Hibiscus (FLV). I’ll definitely be adding this one to my next order and I think it’ll do well in a sweet matcha tea blend.

7 Likes

Jammy Grape (Flavorah) 1% (3-5-23) – This COULD be the SHORTEST review of the bunch thus far. Why ?? Well, this one tasted JUST like a great Jammy Grape !!! I won’t blather on and on about it, and it was quite convincing, and accurate. A really good dark/darker concord grape that was sufficiently “jammed” but not “candied”. No grape soda here people, just jam. @ 1% it felt like it could be run a little higher as a single, perhaps 1.5%, maybe 1.75%. It was not lacking at the 1% testing weight, just felt like it could use a bit more. Accurate, and true were the two thoughts I kept returning to here, and Flavorah did a good job “jamming” this one up. Nothing off-putting, or out of place, and it DID make me want to grab one (or more) of my Peanut Butters JUST to see how it would fare. Despite feeling like it needed just a bit more, it was at about mid-level sweetness, which was expected for a jam. All in, a very good darker concord grape that was jammed up nicely. If you want or need a good grape jam, this one should do it for you. It felt fairly placed at a 9.0/10.

14 Likes

Kudos to you on this one…I really wanted to get Jam with this one but didnt :sob:

6 Likes