New mixer here would like someone to please help me out

Ha! Lucky you! :rofl:
(I wish I could say the same)

4 Likes

Well I’ve done plenty of OTHER shit LOL !!!

2 Likes

I dunno… Im so old school… I started out dripping into a kanger horizontal bottom coil, in my earlier years… I learned real quick how to put a coil on my rda… and even how to make my coils and learned a bit about ohm’s law… I wont tell anyone an rda is too advanced… I will tell you to use what you feel comfy with.

In an rda tho, flavors are just much better. It’s still my opinion… even with the mesh coils out there, you just can not beat a good dripper. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nah, it’s not about being “too advanced”.
I meant from the point of view that even now (when tanks and RDA’s are even closer in performance than ever before), there is still likely to be some adjustment needed in mixing from one to another.
It’s an extra step (to have to try and learn an additional calculation) for a newbie do, when they or progress quicker than if they skip that step. (That can always come later of course)

And then they would be wondering why the result wasn’t identical (in their tank) as what they came up with on their RDA. :wink:

2 Likes

issue is how long will premade coils be around?
why not prepare for what is coming. :wink:

better to learn now while the info and help is around, then to be sitting with juice and cant vape it because no one knows how to wrap a coil. :slight_smile: just my wacky thinking. I think im too independent at times and refuse to invest in the newer… unless its a slick shiny pod… then what coils to build… my point of view… :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Then theres stones.
That’s a whole nuther Oprah show.
You make a base (say, vanilla) with several ingredients, then once it’s good you make a bigger batch.
Then you make recipes using it, knowing its already good. I have one steeping called “vanilla bomb”. I don’t know if it’s good yet but I suspect it will be. I actually derived it from “Freddies cream”… I hope to enjoy it alone, but then drop juicy orange on it to make a creamsicle, or Churro to make a Vanilla cinnamon ice cream.
Better wait on that.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more!
That’s also part of the reason I gave up the idea of buying ANYTHING that uses cartridges within the first 6 months of vaping (aside from the shitty consistency) lol

Personally, learning to build coils should be happening simultaneously as learning to mix (for the majority).

2 Likes

maybe we all need to get together on a new thread for a vape apocalypse help thread… i dunno…
I hope that this does make @22anden want to tinker more… this is the best part of diy is deciding how and why you will be doing what we all do and what you like and hate about vaping… and there is very little to hate, unless your batteries go low :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Or your favorite vendor is either out of stock (or doesn’t carry) what you need, lol

2 Likes

vendor or reseller as manufactures never run out :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

[quote=“SmokyBlue, post:47, topic:231065, full:true”]
issue is how long will premade coils be around?
why not prepare for what is coming. :wink: [/quote]

Hmmm. What kind of doomsday are you expecting? Embargo on coils? I’m lazy and using istick pico. Last time i bought coils for 30c a piece (about 16 months ago).

1 Like

I have been thru one ban… it was not pretty. Sure you can order things but there was a 50/50 it would get to you… so take that and think on how to get coils when no one in the USA can sell equipment or coils… and juice… and try to get them shipped in. They are already working on monitoring the mail better.

4 Likes

One can only guess. But if they roll things back to 2016, a lot of cartridges (not to be confused with real coils; the heating element itself, by itself) are going to be illegal to import. Worse still if it were to go back to 2009.

Or things could go the other way, and they allow only closed systems (think pods) to continue to be sold. Your old equipment will work (if you buy mods with easily replaceable batteries, tanks/RDA’s, etc with cotton you can buy anywhere, wire you would still be able to buy, etc) and all you’ll have to do is maintain.

4 Likes

I sure hope it isnt 2009… but I think I might be ready for what ever they toss…
maybe… a few more things on my get list… I hope!

3 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.
You have a nice group of flavors. Suggest testing your stash one at a time (SF) as single flavors. I would taste at several strengths and steep a minimum of 4 weeks. Who knows, you might find a SF that may become a all day vape (ADV).
Re:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/41p961/diy_mythbusting/

2 Likes

I prefer rtas and can verify the flavor is different in a rda. I may take a test with a drip but the second taste is always in one of my primary rtas.

3 Likes

I have been around forever and a day… I have a few rtdas rtas rdas so I think I am ready for what ever may come… my point being is that there is a difference with all styles, but with the rda the flavor testing is done better. You do get a bigger taste level. Yes it varies between “tanks” “pods” and the like… and I can promise… there was zero help back when I started. Now days everyone is super full of advise etc on how and how to vape. :slight_smile: All one really needs is a quick search or a post to get a ton of helpful help. :slight_smile:

I say tinker and learn all you can.

3 Likes

I’ve been vaping for over a year I’ve been into rdas and I have Rdtas and a rta and 2 mechanical mods I can build my own coils have a bunch of wire etc just never mixed my own juice but I have plenty of vg/pg/nic just gotta single flavor test what I have

4 Likes

I agree imo flavor is significantly better in a rta I have the kylin v2 rta

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your help I’m going to ml ix your boo berry krunch sounds great I’ll vape that while I’m messing with my concentrates but I appreciate everything you’ve done for me and Im thankful for everyone that’s helped me this community is really great!!

7 Likes