New Mod for the Mrs

Alas I’m using the Amazon vouchers I won from being awesome at work. Think the target mini is looking more and more like the one.

2 Likes

I hope she likes it. They’re cheap enough that if she doesn’t, it’s not a huge loss.

If she doesn’t I’ll have it!!

Might like to consider:

Excellent choice! It’s been my workhorse mod since I quit smoking, along with my Eleaf pico. The VTC mini has taken a beating and performs like it did when I first bought it. Plenty of updates as well. I would buy another one without question.

@Hjwindsor
I agree that some SMOK coils don’t really last long. The T8 Baby Beast coils last me about two days unless I keep the tank over half full and I don’t tilt the MOD/Tank when I vape it. However, I have found the X4 coils to last me quite a while. My fault for stocking up on the T8’s because I thought they would be better and not knowing the pitfalls. The X4’s perform (flavor/vapor) equally as well if not better due to longevity, IMO.

I have 3 VTC Minis by Joyetech, 2 that I use and my wife uses 1. It has all the modes like VW VT Bypass also a Basic mode they call “start” and TC. They work well, no problems except they are single battery, If i was buying one now I’d get the VTwo dual battery device. Their software isn’t perfect and instead of listening to my suggestions they put my suggestions on there sister companies mods. Another fun feature with Minis is the ability to change to a custom logo. If I can ever save enough tho I plan to get an Alien after they full hit the market and the price drops.

1 Like

I’ve had my eye on the evic VTC dual - basically a VTC that gives you the option of using one or two batteries. The idea of being able to have a powerful 2-battery device at home and a smaller one-battery device to tuck in the cell phone pocket of my purse - all in one one mod - seems fantastic.

A very good little mod. Solidly built, not hard to operate and decent battery life for a single batt mod. I bought my ex one and she is gifted in the breaking-things department. She has had it for over a year now and it’s dinged up but works like new. Just make sure you have a couple of extra batteries if you vape while out-and-about.

…and a case to put them in! :grin:

1 Like

Absolutely!!

Just scored a Minikin v2 and its quickly my fav mod I own.
Curious tho…how do you set the power curve function??? I mean i see the screen to set it, but i dont understand it yet.
Currently vaping a .34ohm @ 38.3watts

Got the curve working, and now it vapes like tc but with more balls.

Hold off on getting this for a few more days. a member and myself won one of these on another site. I haven’t got mine but they have and had trouble with it. Reads bad atomizer. He futzed with it and finally found a RDA that worked with it. He did a little digging and said that this seems to be a common problem.

I will let you know if I have any issues with mine.

1 Like

Honestly if you buy an evic device in 1 to 6 months you have a paperweight. A rather expensive paperweight. Their quality control has gone way down IMHO.

Mines rock solid so far, Asmodus dont make junk.

Right out of the box and I can tell I’m going to hate it. It is a chunk of metal and not very attractive at all. If I can get the pics to load I will post about it in the vapemail thread.

Would not recommend.

I loved the 2nd evic i bought, first went brick mode within a week due to crappy 510 connection.
But i really liked the 2nd one, and ive had it for over 1.5 years, but every once and again i doest fire but then works on the next puff…its not bad, but just enough that i dont trust it for my ADV at work.
When i saw the new model, i thought “perfect, i really would like a 2 bat version” but that coversion looks iffy, and after seeing the Rolo 2/3 in person im kinda convinced Id hate this new Evic.

Hey what atty is he having trouble with on the Minikin v2?
This 510 is sweet!
I think youll be VERY pleased when yours arrives.
I will say, it does take a minute to get used to the touch screen swipe to open the menu, fast swipes dont work so well, but after a day youll get it.
But that handfeel tho

No, the trouble he was having was with the eVic VTC dual. I did notice that it did have a deeper 510 connection but both my Griffin 25 and Tsunami 22 both worked fine.

I put it through the paces today and started to like it a bit. Hit pretty good. Then shortly after lunch I was having some misfire issues. Like you stated above, after one misfire it would normally fire the next hit. This happened maybe 7 or 8 times from lunch till about 20 minutes ago when I took the batteries out to charge.

It came in the box ready for 2 batteries. I’m worried about changing over to 1 battery. I work with my hands all day and the entire set up of single or dual batteries with this mod looks sketch to me.