New nicotine safety rule could hit vaping hard

Just a heads up there has been a thread started, Link below :+1:
@woftam will fix im sure

5 Likes

Yea i noticed that I was editing the entire thread to something else while i got your message

3 Likes

Sorry I should read first. Reopened as it is not related now

5 Likes

Here in my city, Barcelona, Spain at the moment, the maximum you can buy is in a 10ml. bottle and strength 20 … prepare in usa …

4 Likes

Here in the UK and in Germany it’s the same. However, if you have a business license or know someone who has one you can still order 72mg nic base. I just hope the stuff lasts 100 years in my freezer.

The bastards won’t stop trying until they found a way to stop us from vaping. America is just the beginning. Once they found a way I’m sure we’ll have the same mess in the EU.

Thank god I’m too old to start a riot. But I still can choose who to give my vote. And it won’t be going to any of the established parties. They have showed us too many times that they don’t care for anything but their personal wealth.

4 Likes

This:

seems to be directly at odds with:

The fact that the first statement makes such a bold and sweeping (and absurd) claim (when we all know good and well that big tobacco/pharma both have projects in the works and plans in place), seemingly gives reason to question every other aspect of the article as a result. (Not that I doubt the Feds are trying to intentionally throw additional confusion onto the market/industry in another attempt to delay and/or cloud matters while they fight for who has the power, and where the money goes…)

Ordinarily, I have had little issue with Mr McDonald’s reporting… But this single point seems to be a COLOSSAL fuckup IMO.

2 Likes

Its not a vape. The heat not burn is basically a small battery with a heater you stick in a minny cigarette.
They had a stand a Silverstone motogp couple of years ago and i had a try.

Although to be fair if its from the FDA its still most likely full of shit

2 Likes

Well the FDA clearance I believe was just issued yesterday the 30th and this article came out on the 29th, so that wouldn’t be a fuck up.
They are also not calling that device a vaporiZer even though it basically is.
I haven’t verified anything in the article yet though it was all a copy paste from the site.

2 Likes

It’s not a device, but last I knew (remember), even eliquid had to be submitted through the PMTA process.

That’s why so many eliquid ‘house brands’ and no-names disappeared from shelves on/during/after the 8-8 scare.

I don’t know if/how many/any have actually been approved or denied… But I know damn good and well there have been submissions.

Now, had Mr McDonald said “approved” instead of “submitted”…

2 Likes

Your right there seems to be some oversight here because it appears the PMTA deadline has been extended now to 2022. This doesn’t make the article wrong yet but it does make’s me question the article as well I will look into the it more and debunk it if needed.

But has there truly been any PMTA submission’s considering it’s so prohibitively expensive and the deadline is extended?

https://www.vapingpost.com/2017/11/06/fda-pmta-delay-brought-optimism-to-us-vaping-industry/

2 Likes

Well that’s a hell of a WTF isn’t it. Obviously the glass bottle and droppers guys are going to be screwed by this, but does this mean I should be buying more PET stock ?

Inverted and squoze no more than 2ml ehhh ?? So we are thinking, only LDPE or PET bottles, with check valves are the fix here ?

3 Likes

I would think pet would be fine, those bottles are fairly rigid and I can’t imagine the grip strength of a five year old would be much more than a few pounds.

5 Likes

I don’t know, and you bring up ANOTHER interesting WTF point. Is it merely the “inverted” and “squeeze” that we need to worry about, OR (as you said) are we actually talking about using 5 year olds to TEST the inverted squeeze thing ??

4 Likes

I found this. It gives me a bit of hope.

Pounds on the left, age across the bottom.
Just think of how hard you have to squeeze a chubby gorilla bottle.

3 Likes

Thank God. Maybe it’ll work out. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We can only hope!

3 Likes

Or we are gonna have bottles like this!

3 Likes

Alright Cut, here’s what we’re going to move to. Just because they said, squeezing is part of the trigger, then here you go…

3 Likes

Also when we dispense liquid we use two fingers and pinch, have you ever tried to squeeze a bottle? I find depending on size it’s actually more difficult to get liquid out.

3 Likes

Well shit Cut, now I’m getting all fucked up here. So do we have to gather up a bus-o-five year olds, and have them GRIP these bottles, or two finger tests, or what ?

3 Likes