New tank suggestions

Hi, has anyone mentioned how Outstanding the Steam Crave Aromamizer is?
I find the flavor production to be unparalleled by any other RDTA.
I have set up a small temple on the night table next to my bed for worship of the “Aromamizer”

6 Likes

I was looking at the V2 version a bit earlier…

4 Likes

Honestly I get better flavor off of the Voltrove 30mm tank than I do any Aromamizer. I am just not a fan of the steamcrave line. I know this is Sacrilegious in this community, but I just think there is better out there.

7 Likes

I love my voltrove mini’s (5 mini in rotation) I also love my steamcrave aromamizer (also 5 in rotation). They are pretty much the only tanks I use. Both have pluses and small minuses but the flavour on both is outstanding.

6 Likes

I haven’t been doing a lot of RTA’s of late but I think the Gear RTA has pretty good flavor, the only con I get from it, is the fact that it is low profile and you have to fill it more often then I care to. The Zeus dual coil is quite good also. Easy to build and wick and the flavor is on par with the better RTA’s out there.

I have always loved my aromamizers, I just haven’t had a chance to try the newest ones.

Good luck with the hunt.

4 Likes

Most of the youtube reviewers hated it, but I’d recommend the Voopoo Rimfire any day.

The main complaint seemed to be the way it gets screwed together and how that means you’re likely to end up undoing it when you want to fill it, or adjust the juice flow… but since getting one (1) I’ve found that a) you’re very unlikely to be adjusting the juice flow every 5 mins, b) if you hold the bit you don’t want to undo and turn it by that bit you’re not going to undo the other bit, c) same goes for the juice fill top, hold the bit you don’t want to undo while turning the bit you do.

(1) I had been using the aspire clieto for ages, then brought the RBA for it, then within weeks brought a rimfire as although the RBA worked, it was just way to fiddly and also on the odd occasion it leaked it meant juice over everything. The rimfire being top air flow doesn’t leak (well it floods internally if you don’t get the wicking right) so no worries if I muck up. Its also very forgiving of really packing in the cotton, which is useful if you chain vape as its easier to dry the cotton as it has less time to recover/soak. I found it took a couple of times to get the cotton correct - it needs to fill the juice wells top to bottom, front to back, and side to side so there are no gaps - but once I nailed it, I’ve not had any flooding at all.
After getting my first rimfire, I quickly brought 2 more… that way I can always have one wicked up ready for when the other one needs new cotton and/or coils cleaning. Even though its top air, it feels really airy wide open and with only minimal air noise when inhaling.
My only gripe is not with the product, but with the fact that a dual coil eats juice quickly even at a low wattage (30W, tiger, 4-5 wraps@3mm , spaced, .44 each = .22). If you’re subject to TPD its going to get annoying really quickly if you’re sucking on the thing a lot, so either get the bubble glass version or order bubble glass - which is still annoying but a lot less so.

4 Likes

Kylin V.1 is my sole RTA, I highly recommend it. Easy to build, easy to wick, no leaks, no dry hits, great flavor. It does get a little condensation under the tank, but i don’t mind. A quick wipe solves it.

3 Likes

Steam Crave Aromizer Plus 20ml kit has to be the best flavor and vapor tank I’ve ever purchased. Have to use high VG liquids though or it will leak

6 Likes

Honestly I think you should totally change your platform and go squonk. You’ll get a big bottle lasts longer than any tank millions of rdas to choose from and right now there are a ton of great deals out there. I’ve had a ton of tanks there are a few good ones out there nothing I had was great. I’m hooked on my Vandy Vape it holds one 20700 battery lasts a long time, I chain vape and my profile rda. Another reason is the size of it all. Easy to carry =) my two cents.

3 Likes

Almost bought one of these the other day; good to know about the leaking issue with high PG ratio. I’m a +60PG ratio mixer and would have been very disappointed. :smirk:

Is it a flat out leaking issue, weeping issue, back flow condensation drop, or bad O-rings? …like I have with a couple of Merlins I own. :thinking:

5 Likes

I am running both plus and titan with 60vg 40pg and does not leak if wicked good.
Might be a pain with 60pg though.
It would probably be ok with wick tight in channel and juice flow open a small amount.

4 Likes

You just really suck at wicking. :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

It will pour out the afc. It will also pour out the afc when liquid is warm from use. @SessionDrummer @TheTinMan and @woftam can help address this as well.

4 Likes

I had wanted the Vandy Vape… kept trying to get a carbon fiber mod when they went on sale and they were always out of stock… I’m talking for a month or two I’ve tried to get one (the Pulse BF 80W), finally decided it just isn’t going to happen, hence why I’m deciding to go looking for a new tank. I had been willing to get a new setup, but wanted what I wanted and not just something because it was available.
I really like my Goons and would have been using them with the mod.

4 Likes

Seems to me that the air flow design of the Steam Crave is not that far off from the Youde Bellus. The Bellus leaked in that manner as well. :smirk:

3 Likes

If I remember, I think the write up on the tank instructions specifically stated to use high VG liquids. It’s all I use anyway. Superb piece of equipment. I got all mine from www.subtanksupply.com cause he had it and the shop owner is super cool and very honest

4 Likes

You know you can buy the mod in any color and then try to find doors for it.

1 Like

Well, that knocks me out of ever owning one. :smirk:

3 Likes

I’ve got some brand new in the box never opened tanks I’ll never use. I’ll DM you what they are and send if interested

3 Likes

Sure, I’ll have a gander :eyes:… I’m typically some variation of Kayfun or semi DLH kinda guy. I do have a collection of dual coil type tanks from the “days of clouds” time in my life… and fortunately, I’ve figured out how to make most of them single coil MTL tanks now. :hugs:

4 Likes