Newbie Needing Help - Weird Taste in Two Recipes

side note: assuming 20 drops per ml (which is a good approximate) that would be about 0.5%

I personally use marshmallow, nothing else so I have to take your word for it. That being said, good catch !!!

2 Likes

These type of post seems to repeat itself over and over again. A while ago I tried to get the ELR senior members together and create a list of prefered vendors flavors… the best of the best. If the noobs had a goto list of flavors there would be no need to constantly rescue bad mixes. Our noobie package should be more refined to get the noobs off to a better start.

2 Likes

Not every noob peruses the site before asking a question. It could be rather overwhelming I suppose with the amount of posts floating around. Using the search bar on the forum and typing in some keywords usually gives people a lot of results on whatever it is they like to know. I happen to like reading but not everybody does and noobs usually just want to get on slapping together a mix asap. I remember me when I just started, ended up with a lot of failures but I learned. Sometimes learning the hard way is the best way. :grinning:

3 Likes

That was me… We need a front door noobie thread that’s pinned and more reflective of the rights and wrongs when it come to mixing. A noobie read first type of thread.

2 Likes

I do a lot of research before I do anything usually. I was wanting to mix a Strawberry Limeade flavor so when I found that flavor I ordered a few others before fully researching it. Then I found more information and a better place to buy flavorings that had reviews and such. So I bought a few more flavors that sounded really good, along with some 100mg nicotine. The sales rep was kind enough to email before shipping the nicotine to make sure I understood the danger, which I did.

Then I found this site after mixing my first two flavors and I decided to stop what I was doing and do more research. I hadn’t even opened the bag the nicotine came in yet.

So now I have ordered all of the safety equipment and a bunch more flavoring based on recipes on here I want to try. I have picked only the highest rated recipes and flavors. I have even gone so far to stay away from recipes with the flavorings with acetoin and such in them regardless of the ratings.

So I feel if a guy finds this site, and is willing to do the research things will work out in the end. And I am glad I have already mixed, then asked questions based on my results because maybe I learned a couple things I wouldn’t have before I made a big batch of liquid and had a catastrophic failure.

Thanks again guys.

6 Likes

Sorry, I missed the post mentioning the 5% Sucralose. I meant .5%. I just added my nicotine and did another drip of the Unicorn Vomit. On inhale there isn’t much flavor. But when you exhale it tastes like fruit stripe gum. Maybe just a tad tart. Any suggestions to make this taste a little stronger? I am going to mix up a 10ml bottle to see if I can get the flavor up a bit.

Should I mix up a nicotine base to use so I don’t have to keep messing with this 100mg? It is VG base nicotine. If I want it at 36mg strength I just mix it at 3.6ml/10ml right?

Thanks again. This is fun!

2 Likes

Hey please don’t vape 36 mg/ml OMG !
Yes by all means make a large base of 100 Mls and just pour your desired volume into your mix. Use the calculator put in your desired amount ( 100 Mls ) or however much you want to make. Wear gloves mask and long sleeves and goggles. 100 mg Nic can be lethal. Make a large enough base that way all you have to do is look at your recipe combine all the pg vg and Nic then pour that amount in your bottle then add you flavoring as listed. Much safer than exposing yourself to 100 mg Nic every single time.

1 Like

Lol, I vape at 6mg. I was just thinking if I thin this down to 36mg I won’t have to be so scared every time I touch the bottle.

2 Likes

Yes but there is a different calculator for diluting your Nic. Here it is and if you need help please no question is stupid ever. Ok.

http://ecigvape.com/combine_calculator.php

If your adding two different types to dilute plug them in the calculator I sent you. If your diluting with vg and pg that can be done on ELR.

2 Likes

I don’t understand that calculator. It wants me to put in how much of each liquid I am adding. But that is the value I need to know. How much 100mg nicotine (VG base) do I add to 2000ml VG to make a 36mg base?

2 Likes

Ok so you can use ELR for this. Let’s go slow ok. And we can make more. Your goal is 36 mg to be able to work with it and you want to use vg right.

http://tjek.nu/r/2k73

1 Like

http://tjek.nu/r/2k74

the calc is meant for determining how much total liquid you want to create, but nothing is stopping you from punching in your numbers then changing the total until the ingredient amount is what you want (link is for adding 100mg VG nic to 2000 ml VG to get 36mg liquid)

3 Likes

Hee hee now there’s two.

1 Like

I got it with the elr calc. 720ml. I was thinking right when I said 3.6ml/10ml. That way I will have 36mg nicotine and I will just plug that into the calculator as my nicotine (36mg strength).

2 Likes

Does this site have a chat room y’all hang out in? This forum doesn’t display well at all on my Galaxy tablet.

2 Likes

No chat room just threads. There is a lounge.

1 Like

Yes but your just using the 10% rule. You want to know how much vg each time to dilute the batch so keep that in
Mind per volume if you should use anything larger than 10 Mls.

1 Like

Just wanna make sure you don’t add 720 ml 100mg VG to 2000 ml VG. That will give you a strength lower than 36mg. If 2000 is the total of both base and VG dilutant, then you’re good. Just checking.

2 Likes

That’s right, if you want to use all of your 2000 ml VG you will have to add 1125 ml of 100 mg nicotine!

1 Like