Newbie question

Hey everyone,

Im just a newbie in diy, i made my first mixes ( all singleflavor) with 70/30, 6mg and 7% flavor to see how it comes out.
In my opinion they are a bit harsh in the throat.

My question is, what can it be or what i do wrong???

Thanks in advance

7 Likes

Hello @GunGun how are you tonight? I’m a also a newbie but I do have some suggestions for you to try. #1. lower your percentages for sure I’d try to start sf (single flavor) testing around 2% depending on the flavor. 7% that’s way too high!
#2 try to lower your nicotine percentages. I know for me 6% is too high. Idky I vape 6% commercial juice. I just can’t do 6 in diy I always do 3%nicotine because idk if it’s just me but the nicotine is so fresh I find it too harsh at 6% and way too strong. Hope this helps and welcome to ELR.
BTW If you need any help with anything just let me know… I’ll try my best Happy Mixing

8 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.
Your problem could result from many combination causes or a single cause . Some remedies have been mentioned. My first recommendation of this type is to try to vape by eliminating all possible causes first. Could try vaping VG only and see if the harshness goes away. If is does, suspect PG intolerance and/or ohms/high heat problem. If it does not go a way, VG intolerance and/or ohms/high heat problem. If PG/VG ok then add nic and check. I left out a few steps but you get the idea. Test by process of elimination. Could read through these:
https://www.vapewild.com/blog/what-wattage-should-you-vape-at-how-to-decide-on-watts/

https://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/ashtray-blog/2017/02/vapers-pg-allergy-sensitivity.html

https://www.reddit.com/comments/4pfisc

7 Likes

I vape since 10 months, always 70/30 mixes with 6mg…im just wondering why my diy tests are so different
Can it be the steep time???

5 Likes

That would be a definite reason. You are steeping, right?

6 Likes

Thanks, then i think i should try to lower the nic.
It was my first thought…
To the percentage, i started with 7 because most of the recipes with capella have 15-20 % but i’ll try to lower down everything and see how it work.

A other thing is the steep time…what is your advice??

5 Likes

@GunGun fruits take a CPL of days and creams take up to too weeks if not more depending on what flavor your using
Quick question?
Are you just secifically Single Flavor testing?
And if so is it just to feel out the flavors before you start to mix or what? Is that why your not trying to make a recipe yet? If so that’s pretty smart but hey listen I think the % your refering to may be a total percentage idk I never heard of it that high. And I watch a lot of noted and a few other diy showes you can find on YouTube that can help you out a lot…

6 Likes

@BGz… Yeah i just do singleflavors to find out how it taste…but its good to know that my percentage is to high…
What is your recommendation for CAP and TFA???

5 Likes

what flavors did you test ??? Some flavors a re a bit harsh sonwhen we mix we will add things to soften that harshness in your case your Single flavor testing so you get all the good and bad appeals of said flavor…Another thing can be your running them too high …BTW welcome to the forum list the flavors you

7 Likes

Yeah I was about to ask the same thing it depends on the flavors you have to Know what percentage to start with.

5 Likes

I tested CAP and TFA

5 Likes

No we know that what flavor as in strawberry or vanilla?

5 Likes

@GunGun I’d just start low and go up till you find a happy medium

6 Likes

Hehe, ok…i made small amounts of every flavor i have.
Tfa:
Gummy candy
Cheesecake
Ry4

Cap:
Sweet strawberry
Sweet watermelon
Geek yogurt
Vanilla bean ice cream
Kiwi

6 Likes

Ok I’m not sure about each specific flavor but I’d start at 1-2 %. And go up to taste

6 Likes

Ok…thank you very much for the advice, i’ll try the next butches with a lower percentage😀.

Btw…its all vapeable exept kiwi but it doesn’t feel right yet…

6 Likes

Some of those flavors should be fine at 7 pct …try to only mix you base …Vg , PG and Nic see if your getting any harshness still…Could be Nic…After you test that try to add a cream to your fruits so Say

Cap Sweet Strawberry @ 5pct
Cap Vanilla bean ice cream @ 2pct

Is the TPA Cheescake their plain cheescake or is it the Chessecake with Graham crust

7 Likes

I’ll try this…the cheesecake is plain

5 Likes

I’ll try this…the cheesecake is plain

5 Likes

@BGz you mean 3mg
3%nicotine

5 Likes