Nic ‼️%3 is not enough !’

Trying to find out :bangbang:
I was a PAD smoker the old vap device I had you would hit it like a cigarette, now I have a device with a sub ohm tank I really like it . My old one I used a 18 % nic level can I use the same for my new device or is that too much nic❓If so what’s a good level for nic 3% isn’t cutting it

4 Likes

I think 18mg/ml is way to much. I could easily vape 18mg/ml on my old Justfog cigalike.
I would recommend to go to 6mg/ml, this was fine when I switched to SubOhm.
You will create more vapor and by this get the same amount of Nic.

6 Likes

When I started vaping (before sub-ohm was a thing) I used those ‘clearomizers’ at 18mg nic. Back then you could actually buy e-juice at those levels. Then a gradual downward progression, as hardware became more advanced, to where I’m at now…4%.

6 Likes

You can do whatever you like. The problem with 18mg with subohm is it will be very harsh because your getting a bigger hit all at once. If you need more nicotine, try 6-9mg instead of 3mg. If that isn’t cutting it for you, you could try nic salts instead of freebase nicotine. The throat hit is much less harsh than freebase. Just pay attention to how you feel when vaping such a high nic level, it can quickly become too much, especially if you have a little chain-vaping session.

14 Likes

Thanks very helpful

4 Likes

Add 1 pct increments until it satisfies you , I wouldnt take Sub ohm above 9mg …MTL tanks a bit higher

10 Likes

When I switched to sub ohm I went down to twelve and bought 6 (same flavor juice) to tone it down when chain vaping. Been at 8/9mg for 2-3 years now. If you vape high wattage might want to try 9 and 6mg instead.

7 Likes

3% didn’t cut it for me either. I currently mix at 8% . I went to 10% for a try and I would have to stop vaping for awhile. I really hate having to NOT vape when you want to. I can do 6% in my Sub-Ohm power setups but it’s not enough for MTL. I settled on 8% for the covenience.

6 Likes

@Larry26 sounds like you and I vape similarly. First you said you had a device that you hit like a cigarette, which sounds like a MTL (Mouth To Lung) device, and you used 18mg NIC, which is fine for that type of device. NOW, it sounds like you’ve moved onto a DL (Direct To Lung) sub ohm setup, and using much lower NIC @ 3%, which is a very common strength. If you find that the 3% is not strong enough, you can slowly moved the NIC levels up in your new device, until your cravings go away.

Typically MTL device users do vape much higher NIC because of the very small “hit”, versus a DL setup where you are getting MUCH more vapor, and therefore a much LOWER NIC level.

10 Likes

@Larry26 The amount of Vapour the sub ohm Produces should be sufficient but as you say it’s not strong enough try a 6mg juice if your making your own try it at a 4 mg I was a 40 a day cigarette then went on to vaping at 18mg for 2 months then got info sub ohm now on 3mg but I vape 30mls a day Stick with it and it will all be ok we are all here if you need any help

7 Likes

That’s all you need to know right there :tada:

My sister was worse than you but for her 9mg/ml was too much, it made her dizzy. I put her on 6mg/ml and she was fine.

It’s different for everybody, like everything always is :grin:
Just a matter of a little experimenting and finding your own right amount.

8 Likes

That, and…

That sums it up!

7 Likes

Thank you for the info very helpful

4 Likes

thank you for your help

4 Likes

thanks for the advice I will give it a try

5 Likes

do you notice much difference between 3% and 4% ? I’ve been on 3% forever, but sometimes I’m tempted to go up.

2 Likes

I received 30ml commercial juice once as part of a promo. It was good but @3mg I noticed myself hitting it more frequently than my normal 4mg. I’m not a chain-vaper but I can only surmise that the 1mg diff affected my nic uptake.

7 Likes

One of the pluses to lower nic is that you nicotine purchases become less frequent. I love cutting costs!

3 Likes

I haven’t tried it yet I’m waiting on my supplies to come i🥺

2 Likes

Was you a smoker before you started vaping? I have a calculator to help calculate what strength e-liquid to make based on how many packs you smoked, and how much e-liquid you are consuming…

check it out

6 Likes