Nic salt mixing vs freebase nic

NP glad I could help its a tough way to mix bc the way we are use to mixing…

3 Likes

Very true indeed!

2 Likes

Personally, I mix juices for a friend with a Suorin Drop at 70/30 9mg. The freebase throat hit is far stronger, which makes for a more satisfying hit at a lower mg. I can also attest to better absorbtion of freebase nicotne, especially when dissolved in VG (I use 100mg/ml in VG from LNW).

As for my friend, he seems to like the throat kick and the lower nicotine level has not bothered him after switching from 45mg salts.

One last point is that, when heated, Benzoic Acid can turn to Benzene. You do not want to inhale Benzene.

2 Likes

Heated to what temps? Please provide facts when making these type of comments.

4 Likes

Not needed using certain flavor manufactures like Flavorah… I have no experiemented with Medicine Flower, but with flv you don’t need to raise flavors up… I wouldn’t raise up any sweetener either. .

like @fidalgo_vapes said… keep it simple… solo and no more than 4 flavors/additives

2 Likes

Hes trying to replicate the sweetness in commercial salt nic recipe…so bringing up the sweetener is necessary here.

3 Likes

And provide this 70/30 9mg/no recipe id love to see it …i couldnt imagine that ratio in the Suroin Drop oops not you @Letitia I meant to send to @T-Ristan

3 Likes

Ima be good today… diy is do it yourself… so try what you think is good out… if it doesn’t work, then change directions :wink:

2 Likes

At first I saw “Sirloin Drop” and thought ‘boy, they are definitely using some odd names these days!’

3 Likes

Other than this 2017 paper (lists coil power, but did not measure temps), was not able to find much - except for one relevant report of Benzene formation (at temperatures of ~400 °C, 3-5% conversion after 1 hour):

Benzoic Acid:
… decarboxylation of benzoic acid itself is slow at 400 °C in tetralin (3-5% in 1 h), unless a fairly strong base or other decarboxylation promoter is present. … The rate of decarboxylation in naphthalene was not significantly different from that in tetralin, increasing slightly from 3 to 4% …

From previous post.

2 Likes

That’s what should have been mentioned in the previous post. Personally I haven’t met or read about anyone yet who would consider vaping at that high a temp.

4 Likes

Awesome information there, thank you! You’re right; people are definitely not reaching those temps, especially eith pod or mtl systems!

2 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes Here’s the recipe I use for dripping; just adjust to 70/30 and 9mg with the same 100mg/ml

I’ve actually used quite a bit of 70/30 freebase juices when I was using the Suorin Air and from using my buddy’s Drop it seems like it almost wicks better! 12mg freebase was a bit much for either of us on the throat, hence the bump down to 9mg.

2 Likes

Oh lol I thought you were using a Surion Drop Pod system …

That’s what i didnt u derstand … My GF had a couple Surion Drop pods and a 70/30 vg/pg would be a tough ratio for that pod system …

Im all kinds of confused DISREGARD … I couldnt imagine

2 Likes

Ok no ones listening to me anyway i NEED to know why this isn’t calculating. I put in my 50mg/ml of my 65mg nic and get this

result

1 Like

You want your mix to be 30PG/70VG but the amount of Salt Nic and the ratio of PG/VG in it will not allow that.

If you change the PG/VG to “Max VG” you will see that the only way this recipe works is with the PG/VG mix as follows:

Strength: 50 mg

PG/VG-ratio: 53/47

Flavor total: 1.8 ml / 1.8g (18%)

Hope that helps mate…

4 Likes